Greatest WWE Champion of all time

Scorpion™

Who do you think is the greatest champion of all time in everyone's opinion?

I want to base the question off what they did for the title's prestige, matches they had for the title/as champ.

In all honesty I'd have to either go with Stone Cold or Shawn Michaels maybe even Triple H for what they all did for the title and the matches they had with it.

Thoughts?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really tough for me to pick one. I'm going to go ahead and say Triple H though. Others that come to mind are:

Undertaker

The Rock

Stone Cold

Shawn Michaels

John Cena

Randy Orton

CM Punk

It's really tough for me to pick one. I'm going to go ahead and say Triple H though. Others that come to mind are:

Undertaker

The Rock

Stone Cold

Shawn Michaels

John Cena

Randy Orton

CM Punk

vader_thumbs_up.jpg

If I had to do a top 5 I'd go:

• Stone Cold
  • HHH
  • John Cena
  • The Rock
  • CM Punk

In terms of overall prestige added to the title, and who I think the majority respects more overall, it's gotta be Hogan. The company simply was one thing when he wasn't champion and another after his reigns.

In my personal opinion, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero and CM Punk, tied. Angle because he was always entertaining with whoever he was in the ring with, and Angle/Lesnar is my favourite title-based feud ever, Guerrero because in terms of feuds per reign it was the most intense, and Punk because maintaining the belt that long (in his last reign) while still being entertaining throughout all of it in today's wrestling is a damn feat.

I'd love to put Angle in the discussion but he never held the title very long. Everything he's done has been entertaining and gold but not always with the title. Guys like Austin, HHH, and even Bret Hart had such important programs and matches while holding the title

CM Punk. The circumstances under which his won, the matches (not all that for the most part, but when they were, we got MOTY candidates), the killer promos through 2011. Punk was kick-ass. Bryan would have been very close had he not gotten injured at the worst time possible

Punk did have the best title reign we've seen in years, the best since then as well. His first win at MITB was *censored*ing epic. Him kicking off the 434 day reign by beating Del Rio at Sur. Series was a little lackluster, but nonetheless still cool. He put his all into everything in that entire reign. Plus we got a heel turn during his title run that doesn't happen too often. The only reason I couldn't put above some others is because he always played second fiddle to Cena. No matter how hard he worked and how he made his programs important it was never a huge priority to the WWE. It felt like sometimes Sheamus' title matches were looked as more important, even. Which can't be a knock to Punk at all, but it did hinder the reign at the time. The legacy of it probably won't be tarnished though because who will look back in twenty years and care that he didn't main event any PPVs.

Hmm... Thinking about the greatest wwe champion the first thing that comes to mind is Edge/Cena so I'm going to say Edge with Cena following. Sure most of Cena's reigns were complete shit, and not rememberable. But this is one of the champion feuds I remember the most.

I'd say Edge strikes much more as a World Heavyweight Champion. He had like 2 WWE Championship reigns and his first didn't even last a month. The Cena feud during his second run was definitely memorable though. But he was far more significant as WHC for me. If there's a thread for greatest WHCs, Triple and Edge are the first two names that come to mind.

I'd say Edge strikes much more as a World Heavyweight Champion. He had like 2 WWE Championship reigns and his first didn't even last a month. The Cena feud during his second run was definitely memorable though. But he was far more significant as WHC for me. If there's a thread for greatest WHCs, Triple and Edge are the first two names that come to mind.

Same here. Edge's feud with Cena was awesome, one of my favorite of the modern era for sure. I also agree that he stands out way more as WHC, Edge, HHH, Batista, and Taker all stand out to me as the best WH champs ever

Archived