DLC & Special Editions

Wedge10

With the news about NWO Hogan & Tie-dye Hogan being exclusives for those who buy the Hogan edition, I was wondering...

in the past, has content from special editions become available for all to purchase?

I know pre-order has like Warrior last year etc

But was everything on the Undertaker's edition eventually up for grabs for all to buy?

I'm sure I remember one year I couldn't get The Miz's extra attire, not that it bothered me & wonder if that was due to it being exclusive.

I really, really want those two versions of Hogan but don't want to pay £40 extra for them. I can wait until March or whenever if they become available to all at a later date. Plus by that point I'll probably want to change Hogan from a face to a heel in my universe anyway.

Thanks.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's made available like 90 days after release. I remember having Stone Cold's ATV entrance and his street attire on 13 and I didn't get his special edition.

That was THQ, 2K might be handling these things differently.

I'm sure Taker's stuff from 2K14 was made available eventually too, I might be wrong though.

Austin was SVR 2010's Pre-Order Bonus, he's downloadable now.

Bret Hart & Ministry Undertaker were SVR 2011's Pre-Order Bonuses, they're downloadable now.

The Rock was WWE '12's Pre-Order Bonus, he's Downloadabke now.

Mike Tyson, Stone Cold with an ATV Entrance & CM Punk in an Ice Cream Bar T-Shirt were all WWE '13's Pre-Order Bonuses and they're all downloadable now.

Biker Undertaker & Ultimate Warrior were WWE 2K14's Pre-Order bonuses, they're both downloadable now.

Although they have all been downloadable a few months later, that was under THQ. 2K may handle it differently. It's up to you of you wanna take the chance. I'm not.

Thanks for the response guys. It seems the good news is, in the past they have all been available.

The potential bad news is that 2K might stick to exclusive meaning exclusive.

I certainly hope not.

Like I say, I really want those two Hogan attires eventually, but not enough to warrant paying £100 for one game.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's made available like 90 days after release. I remember having Stone Cold's ATV entrance and his street attire on 13 and I didn't get his special edition.

That was THQ, 2K might be handling these things differently.

I'm sure Taker's stuff from 2K14 was made available eventually too, I might be wrong though.

Although it was 2K on the box, it was still the old THQ crew making it. Ledesma & co (barring Bryan) are all gone now. It's 2K's first real year. We'll see how they manage it.

Bret Hart & Ministry Undertaker were SVR 2011's Pre-Order Bonuses, they're downloadable now.

The Rock was WWE '12's Pre-Order Bonus, he's Downloadabke now.

Mike Tyson, Stone Cold with an ATV Entrance & CM Punk in an Ice Cream Bar T-Shirt were all WWE '13's Pre-Order Bonuses and they're all downloadable now.

Biker Undertaker & Ultimate Warrior were WWE 2K14's Pre-Order bonuses, they're both downloadable now.

Although they have all been downloadable a few months later, that was under THQ. 2K may handle it differently. It's up to you of you wanna take the chance. I'm not.

You mention all the 'pre order' bonus' but what about special edition content? Or were some of those special edition content alongside the pre-order content?

I'll definitely be pre-ordering, as that'll get me Sting but to get Hogan's alt attires it's not simply a pre-order, but a special edition also. So just double checking special content was eventually released, as pre order content was.

Cheers.

The Rock was WWE '12's Pre-Order Bonus, he's Downloadable now.

You mention all the 'pre order' bonus' but what about special edition content? Or were some of those special edition content alongside the pre-order content?

I'll definitely be pre-ordering, as that'll get me Sting but to get Hogan's alt attires it's not simply a pre-order, but a special edition also.

Cheers.

The bolded were the Special Editions. It's up to if ya wanna risk it, but I'm gonna try & play it safe by getting my hands on one of those special editions.

i can't see them NOT making them versions downloadable later on. it would be a shitty thing to do.

It would be even shittier if they did that & the rumour about it being US exclusive was true as well. It would be a great way to stick a middle finger up to anyone outside the US. Companies have made their Pre-Order bonuses exclusive & never released them afterwards in the past, like the Hotknife in GTA V.

The Rock was WWE '12's Pre-Order Bonus, he's Downloadable now.

I'll definitely be pre-ordering, as that'll get me Sting but to get Hogan's alt attires it's not simply a pre-order, but a special edition also.

Cheers.

The bolded were the Special Editions. It's up to if ya wanna risk it, but I'm gonna try & play it safe by getting my hands on one of those special editions.

Ah thank you.

I know what you're saying & I don't blame you but I'd struggle with the idea of paying so much when all I'd get for it is two attires, as I'm not interested in any other part of the edition.

If it's worth it to you though, fair play & go for it.

i can't see them NOT making them versions downloadable later on. it would be a shitty thing to do.

It would be even shittier if they did that & the rumour about it being US exclusive was true as well. It would be a great way to stick a middle finger up to anyone outside the US. Companies have made their Pre-Order bonuses exclusive & never released them afterwards in the past, like the Hotknife in GTA V.
It's not true. Jared said he'd try and find out today where it will be available in the UK.

It's not true. Jared said he'd try and find out today where it will be available in the UK.

Ah, thank you. I really want nWo Hogan. I'm praying Jared responds soon. This 25,000 copies only thing has me worried.

I don't know if I would chance or not. Didn't 2k have some pre order exclusives for Borderlands that never became downloadable? I mean it's hard to compare because it would depend on content and the fact its an entirely different franchise. I'm fairly positive it'll be made available eventually but who knows.

These guys get me every year, or my money at least. That one screenshot of Cena isn't enough to convince me, but the Hogan exclusives are. Now my peril is that I don't want to shell out 300+ dollars for a PS4 or Xbox One, but I also don't want to pre-order for Xbox 360 if the next gen game will look much better. Hell, I don't even know if the game will play great.

I'm thinking about pre-order the game on PS4 despite not having one because eventually I was going to get one anyways. But wait, if nWo and tye dye Hogans are exclusive to the $80 Hogan edition then that's a whole new problem and I think I'll have to pass on that anyways.

Wait? they managed to cut the ring mat up 25,000 times?

If so, that may be why it's a 25,000 limit as opposed to anything regarding the availability of the attires?

It looks that way, in the IGN Video that revealed the Collector's edition they said there was only 25,000 copies. The attires have nothing to do with it. They can make as many codes for them as they like. It's the autographs & the ring mat pieces that make it so limited.

I'm about 96% sure that the pre order bonuses, including the Hogan pack, will be available in March. I'll be so glad when this game comes out, so that people will finally stop saying "That was THQ. This is 2K."

Anyway, yeah, it's still a little bit of a gamble. But before I decide to pre-order, I need to wait and see what I'm buying, so I'll wait til a couple of days before release to decide, because I know 2K keeps game info under lock and key. Sting is my #1, so I'd love to have him, but I'd be pissed if I paid $60 for one wrestler in a game that I set aside after a week.

Archived