"2 Episodes focusing on epic rivalries" prediction thread

EstebanThe17

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we got WCW vs. WWF ( best matches from both companies during the Monday night wars)

or

WCW vs. NWO ( Highlighting the Fued from inception to nWo reunion ** Finger poke of Doom)

I would cry in excitement.

If we're going this route, please give us the freedom to alter the match through player actions and choices instead of handing us a "Play the matches how we tell you and job this guy out" prompt, it drags everything down. I think we should be able to repeat history to the letter but we should also be able to add a fantasy element to them to keep it interesting and repayable.

Cuz' honestly the only reason I'd even play the 30 years mode was to unlock stuff, and even then I just opted to buy those out.

Randy Orton vs John Cena (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1877025-analyzing-the-history-between-randy-orton-and-john-cena)

- From their time in OVW, including their match in 2002... up to the title unification in 2013.

Sting vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan/nWo

- Showcasing Sting's rise up til Hogan's arrival in WCW.... then Bash at the Beach, followed by the nWo takeover to Starrcade.

The only issue would be if 2k decides to bring back the entire nWo faction, and possibly include a few WCW arenas.

Randy Orton vs John Cena (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1877025-analyzing-the-history-between-randy-orton-and-john-cena)

- From their time in OVW, including their match in 2002... up to the title unification in 2013.

Sting vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan/nWo

- Showcasing Sting's rise up til Hogan's arrival in WCW.... then Bash at the Beach, followed by the nWo takeover to Starrcade.

The only issue would be if 2k decides to bring back the entire nWo faction, and possibly include a few WCW arenas.

If this is the case, it may mean we may see two of Sting's biggest rivals from the pre-Hogan WCW era: Rude and Vader... who knows, they might throw in Luger(who Sting won his first WCW World Title[2nd overall] from) and maybe Sid and Davey Boy Smith(if they want to recreate the Masters of the Powerbomb VS Sting/Bulldog feud from '93)

In 2k Showcase for it to be a robust playing experience with just two episodes it would have to be a significant rivalry that spanned over time. I think it will be the

"Monday Night Wars (WWE Vs WCW)"

and since Sting is in the game, "Sting Vs. N.W.O."

Rock/SCSA and Orton/Cena don't appeal to me one bit, especially the former. Yeah, we got that their rivalry was epic and significant in WWE '13 and 2k14, spare us now, Jesus. Cena/Edge could be cool. I guess Invasion would be acceptable for being the second, because I'm not very familiar with it.

At least one of them is centred around Cena, in the 1st video we got, he said he'd been working closely with 2K but couldnt say anymore. 2nd one is anyones guess, it may or may not involve more than 2 wrestlers and may or may not involve legends. I'm hoping what ever these first 2 episodes are, are just the begining and more is added via dlc.

Pack 1 for example

Episodes 3 & 4

5/6 wrestlers/divas

New creation suite parts

New moves

New themes

I'm guessing Rock/Austin and Cena/Orton.

I'd be cool with those two, as we would probably get arenas like RAW IS WAR 2000, Smackdown! 1999, Various 1998-2001 PPV sets, RAW 07, RAW 08-10 (old HD set with Red Ropes), and various 2007-2013 PPV Sets.

Also I would hope they would recreate the ending of the 2001 Royal Rumble in the Rock/Austin Chapter and thus give us 2000-2001 attire Kane!!!!

Archived