Screenshot Topic

kidd0

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jared 2K (Community Manager of WWE 2k) posted this on the official forum

To clarify a couple of points:

- Yes, that is an actual, in-game screenshot using developer screenshot tools (just like all the 2K14 screenshots you see us post on Twitter/FB). It was taken during gameplay, so it's not during an entrance or cut-scene or anything like that. The lighting, the depth-of-field, the light reflecting off the ropes.. it's 100% legit in-game.

- The really cool thing? It gets better. While this screenshot is impressive, it also doesn't get into the insane details of the character models. The advantage of both facial and body scans really comes through when you start noticing details about these people that you ordinarily take for granted, from bone structure to pigment variation to moles.. It's super nuts and it'll be a lot of fun to dissect each coming screenshot for these types of details.

- To that end, one detail that stands out to me here is John's veins. They're always very clear during a match, especially that squiggly one that goes down his right arm. You can see those here and rendered accurately, where in the past its always just been little highlights here and there. It's crazy.

Yikes.

I didn't expect the graphics to improve that dramatically.

Superstar Heads and threads might be gone.

Just my perspective, I wouldn't think they'd promote and/or hype the new feature the way they did in 2K14 just to have it removed altogether this year, but who am I to say honestly? We just have to wait & see as more info is coming, hopefully you're wrong, but you may be possibly right too.

Archived