IMPACT WRESTLING CANCELLED BY SPIKE TV

limitbreak

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I don't know what network would sign TNA at this point. The only 2 networks that have hosted wrestling in the past decade have been USA and Spike. Unless they somehow get involved with TNT or something, I don't see them getting back on TV.

And as much as I would LOVE to blame this entire downfall on Russo, you really can't. He's a symptom of the disease that TNA became. Russo didn't sign himself after being told not to, Dixie Carter is a cancer.

Can't believe people are defending this, they did it to themselves. Blame Dixie, Hogan, Tenay, and Lashley

It was Hogan's plan all along. When WCW went down, he rededicated himself to WWE. He left according to orders by Vince to sabotage their competition. The upcoming TNA was their best bet. So then, Hogan stayed there for years, slowly killing people's interests for the show. During his stay, he attempted to convince some talent to jump-ship once their contracts expired. He was able to bring some old favorites (and Nash) back to the homeland that is WWE. Once Hogan finally had faith that Dixie Carter would finish killing it herself, he decided to leave. By the time Sting realized what Hogan was doing, it was too late. Sting was put into the TNA HoF. He knew at that point, that he wouldn't be seen on Impact TV much anymore. After months of thought, he decided to leave as well to join his fellow brother in the WWE.

And thats how the NWO was reformed.

Here's what I would do if I were in charge...

1. Fire Dixie Carter

2. Revoke creative control from any superstars/divas who may have it.

3. Bring in Eric Bischoff as a producer. Do not make him a character, do not mention his name. Pretend he doesn't exist.

4. Give Bischoff a 6 month contract. Tell him he has 6 months to fix TNA or they're shutting the doors.

Bischoff may have his flaws, but look what he did FOR WCW. Before he got an inflated ego and let everyone else get creative control, he saved WCW. Without Hogan, Russo, Hall, Nash and all the other cancers, Bischoff could potentially put TNA back on the map.

1. Fire Dixie Carter

3. Bring in Eric Bischoff as a producer. Do not make him a character, do not mention his name. Pretend he doesn't exist.

4. Give Bischoff a 6 month contract. Tell him he has 6 months to fix TNA or they're shutting the doors.

Bischoff may have his flaws, but look what he did FOR WCW. Before he got an inflated ego and let everyone else get creative control, he saved WCW. Without Hogan, Russo, Hall, Nash and all the other cancers, Bischoff could potentially put TNA back on the map.

Sounds like an EWR prompt.

I don't think that they would cancel a show just based off of one writer. Is there some context I'm missing here, or are they just trying to point fingers already?

Can't believe people are defending this, they did it to themselves. Blame Dixie, Hogan, Tenay, and Lashley

It was Hogan's plan all along. When WCW went down, he rededicated himself to WWE. He left according to orders by Vince to sabotage their competition. The upcoming TNA was their best bet. So then, Hogan stayed there for years, slowly killing people's interests for the show. During his stay, he attempted to convince some talent to jump-ship once their contracts expired. He was able to bring some old favorites (and Nash) back to the homeland that is WWE. Once Hogan finally had faith that Dixie Carter would finish killing it herself, he decided to leave. By the time Sting realized what Hogan was doing, it was too late. Sting was put into the TNA HoF. He knew at that point, that he wouldn't be seen on Impact TV much anymore. After months of thought, he decided to leave as well to join his fellow brother in the WWE.

And thats how the NWO was reformed.

omfg

1. Fire Dixie Carter

Sounds like an EWR prompt.

I don't think that they would cancel a show just based off of one writer. Is there some context I'm missing here, or are they just trying to point fingers already?

Spike told Dixie and the rest of TNA they did not want Vince Russo involved with the product. Dixie/TNA went behind Spike TV's back, hired Russo, lied about it and then got caught.

So many WWE smarks in this thread...

Whether you like them or not, a wrestling promotion dying is never a good thing. Wrestlers are losing work, and there's no longer an alternative on the national level. WWE won't touch most of the TNA talent, and the ones they do will likely just be jobbed out as 95% of the WCW guys they picked up in 2001 were. I'm really hoping they can either find a new home or negotiate a new deal with Spike. They have a roster full of good talent and recent shows/tapings are said to be the best in years and it would be really shitty to see them die like this.

IMO, this mindset is more negative than the people who are anti-TNA. If you actually pay attention to the way that WWE does business these days, you'd see that HHH is nothing like Vince when it comes to talent relations. He would probably welcome a few of the former WWE guys back with open arms and there would definitely be room on NXT for some of the other guys.

It's about damn time, a TV network can only put up with piss poor rating for so long. I'm surprised they allowed it to go on as long as they did,

They allowed it because, contrary to internet smark TNA hate, IMPACT was one of Spike TV's most profitable programs.

And If someone saying that WWE will job out most of the TNA roster is worse than 90% of a message board praying for another promotions downfall..I question how one may value the idea of the negativity.

Whether you like them or not, a wrestling promotion dying is never a good thing. Wrestlers are losing work, and there's no longer an alternative on the national level. WWE won't touch most of the TNA talent, and the ones they do will likely just be jobbed out as 95% of the WCW guys they picked up in 2001 were. I'm really hoping they can either find a new home or negotiate a new deal with Spike. They have a roster full of good talent and recent shows/tapings are said to be the best in years and it would be really shitty to see them die like this.

1. WCW was a competition. TNA was not. That's why they made WCW look bad.

2. TNA hasn't been an alternative to the WWE in years

3. Their recent tapings were a mess. It's 2014 and the shows are built around the Dudleyz, Tommy Dreamer, Rhino, The Hardyz and a heel authority figure. Also feat. Rockstar Spud & EC3. The future of TNA is doomed by their horrible booking, not (just) because of financial problems.

Please quote a source and stop stating your opinion as a fact...From all the reports about of the recent TNA Mahattan center tapings, the tapings went over well, and those who were in attendance actually enjoyed them, thus the reports have only praised the tapings, so far. Where are these reports stating otherwise?

1. WCW was a competition. TNA was not. That's why they made WCW look bad.

2. TNA hasn't been an alternative to the WWE in years

3. Their recent tapings were a mess. It's 2014 and the shows are built around the Dudleyz, Tommy Dreamer, Rhino, The Hardyz and a heel authority figure. Also feat. Rockstar Spud & EC3. The future of TNA is doomed by their horrible booking, not (just) because of financial problems.

Please quote a source and stop stating your opinion as a fact...From all the reports about of the recent TNA Mahattan center tapings, the tapings went over well, and those who were in attendance actually enjoyed them, thus the reports have only praised the tapings, so far. Where are these reports stating otherwise?

Never said that the tapings weren't like by the crowd.

Go to the spoiler section and read what happened.

Tell me where their built up for the future is. Tell me where the people carrying the company in coming years are. Because all I can read and see is ex ECW and ex WWE stars dominating every single part of the show, despides being in their late 30's/40's. Tell me seriously how their booking is not horrible.

And I don't get one bit what kind of reports you want to see.

Bashing TNA doesn't make you a smark...it just makes you a WWE fanboy.

That doesn't even make you that either

True. Let me rephrase: You might be a WWE fanboy if you're bashing TNA, or you might just be someone who doesn't care for TNA. Either way, the term "smark" does not apply.

What I meant with my original fanboy comment is that you could be considered one (not that everyone who dislikes TNA is one). Point being, the term "smark" was thrown around at least twice in this topic by different people.

Archived