IMPACT WRESTLING CANCELLED BY SPIKE TV

limitbreak

Original Rumor:

Earlier today TNA President Dixie Carter held a meeting at company headquarters in Nashville, but until now it was unclear what the meeting was about. Wrestlezone has learned Dixie did in fact meet with SpikeTV representatives last week – most likely on Thursday afternoon – and that she met with her inner circle on Friday to discuss the results of that meeting, in addition to today’s gathering with company officials.

While the following rumor remains unconfirmed, multiple sources close to both TNA and the network have informed WZ that SpikeTV does not want to renew its contract with TNA Wrestling, and when the current TNA/Spike deal expires, Impact Wrestling will be cancelled if the show cannot find a new home in a very short amount of time. It is possible the two sides are still trying to come to some sort of agreement, but at this point that’s what we know.

Wrestlezone has reached out to SpikeTV for comment, and will update the situation as we learn more.

Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/496861-future-of-impact-wrestling-on-spiketv

UPDATE:

TNA Wrestling's flagship show "Impact Wrestling" could soon be without a home -- Spike TV quietly let the league know it's not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal ... tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter late last week to break the news -- and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.

TNA's current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It's unclear at this point when "Impact Wrestling" will stop airing on Spike.

We're told there's no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.

TNA's show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 -- and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.

We've called TNA and Spike for comment ... so far, no word back.

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/27/impact-wrestling-cancelled-spike-tv-tna/

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To continue to mine, I can't stand TNA right now, but that's some shit that they lost that TV deal. It's hard enough that I can't find any other pro wrestling on TV but WWE, even though I love WWE, I wanna explore alternatives as well. Who knows if they'll get another deal, but they won't with Dixie Carter at the helm.

I don't think this is a bad thing at all, Yes, bad if they don't find a TV Network in time to put TNA on the air.

But this is a good thing because Spike was not helping TNA at all. I mean, when you see USA Network and WWE, USA Network does a good job of letting people know about WWE as it's product. Same thing for the other shows that appear in that channel. Let's not forget the Wrestlemania Specials NBC also airs for WWE.

Was there some similar sort of exposure with TNA from Spike? Viacom? Yeah, I don't think so.

TNA needs to find a network that will thoroughly promote them. Because that's what gains viewers.

Upon their cancellation, TNA should just fire Dixie Carter before making ANY sort of business decision afterward.

I don't think this is a bad thing at all, Yes, bad if they don't find a TV Network in time to put TNA on the air.

But this is a good thing because Spike was not helping TNA at all. I mean, when you see USA Network and WWE, USA Network does a good job of letting people know about WWE as it's product. Same thing for the other shows that appear in that channel. Let's not forget the Wrestlemania Specials NBC also airs for WWE.

Was there some similar sort of exposure with TNA from Spike? Viacom? Yeah, I don't think so.

TNA needs to find a network that will thoroughly promote them. Because that's what gains viewers.

Yeah...Spike TV is a shitty television network in general.

Tbf, TNA's marketing team sucks donkey balls.

But why haven't they? Why not try to get their channel more ratings? I think the blame should go mostly to TNA or Dixie, if not entirely. Though, I barely remember TNA ads when it was actually good years ago.

Archived