Football Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if Germany being destroyed tonight is a good thing or a bad thing for Scotland.

Bad. You know Germany is gonna wanna avenge that loss.

When I heard the results, many people I knew (two fellow German supporters as well) said that this loss to Argentina was no big deal because it was a friendly. I honestly think otherwise. Your first game after winning the World Cup and you lose? Not a good way to start off your Euro and World Cup campaigns.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/prospective-rangers-owner-mike-ashley-4161063

Mike Ashley owns the naming rights to renaming Ibrox the Sports Direct Arena and has done for TWO YEARS all for the price of £1. Thanks Charles :cool: you p**** :annoy:.

The worst part is that Green wasted money trying to call off the deal. The running of this club is a *censored*ing joke. Every last one of them are in it for themselves which is what worries me about Ashley getting involved as I know that Newcastle fans protested against him during their naming rights because he was doing it to make more money for himself rather than the club.

The ibrox naming rights wouldn't just be for a pound, that would be pointless. It'll be a pound with the promise of future investment or some form of investment at least.

And Mike Ashley is for me the least worst option out of all prospective owners. He has money and is willing to put up, unlike all the so called fans like Dave King. He'll be out to make money for himself yes, but he's proven to be a successful businessman and if he wants to make money he'll have to run the club in a professional and profitable way. He's smart enough to realise that when back in the premier league Rangers could feasibly play in the champion's league every year if run correctly and that would make a substantial amount for him and us.

Don't care if he renames ibrox. It'll still be ibrox to the fans, players and international media, and if celtic and thehscottish media mock us who cares.

I'm not so bothered about Ashley buying the naming rights as I am Charles Green making the deal and then later trying to stop it and wasting club money.

But yeah I do have concerns that Ashley could be like others before him.

Christ, the whole deal sounds stupid. Paying that much in legal fees, mental.

The Mirror is reporting De Jong could be out until Christmas. *Censored* sake. If true though, hopefully by the time he's fit we'll have a manager who can actually successfully play with a system that would have him in his best position. Pardew has tried it so many times and all but a few times it has failed.

How much did he sign for?

Henry just scored his 50th for New York. I really do love watching this man play. Hes playing a diffrent role this year but *Censored* hes still great.

Dunno, just know he signed for two years, after toying with the hearts of MLS fans everywhere.

I hate to see what becomes of this team once Henry retires, Cahill too, if things don't brighten up during this chase for the playoffs. BWP will still be an asset, but I don't think we'd be able to manage with only one striker of considerable skill. But if Sene can manage to get healthy, I think he can grow into something pretty good for us. He was able to score a goal during the game against CD FAS while still not being 100% percent. But of course, that was against a Salvador team filled with scrubs, ravaged by FIFA penalties which saw most of their star players suspended for multiple years.

How much did he sign for?

Henry just scored his 50th for New York. I really do love watching this man play. Hes playing a diffrent role this year but *Censored* hes still great.

Dunno, just know he signed for two years, after toying with the hearts of MLS fans everywhere.

I hate to see what becomes of this team once Henry retires, Cahill too, if things don't brighten up during this chase for the playoffs. BWP will still be an asset, but I don't think we'd be able to manage with only one striker of considerable skill. But if Sene can manage to get healthy, I think he can grow into something pretty good for us. He was able to score a goal during the game against CD FAS while still not being 100% percent. But of course, that was against a Salvador team filled with scrubs, ravaged by FIFA penalties which saw most of their star players suspended for multiple years.

Cahill has become useless honestly. Hes a great player but not for this team since they will only put him in the midfield. If Henry does leave Cahill can go up top next to BWP and we can get that elusive attacking mid we have been looking for all year and have a true diamond with Sam and Oyongo (Who is incredible by the way) on the sides and a hopefully healthy Dax at CDM.

They played really well last night but they need to keep that line up. Peguy is great as a CM adds something totally diffrent that Cahill doesn't and it lets Henry run around like a mad man and opens things up more. If we can find that second CB to play solid next to Olave and Dax can play as well as he has been things are looking up alot.

And dhino was New York bound but because of assholes like Rafa, Rost and the very lack luster "talent" we picked up this year the purse strings have been tightened and they weren't offering him anything more then like 3 million since they don't want to spend any more then 4 million per DP.

Sene could be good but he clearly just coming back from injury. He was blown up in the 60th minute of that FAS game but if you watch him pre and post game his is always talking to Henry for pointer, even when he was with New England he was always on Henry right after the game.

If this team wins anything this year is going to be on the shoulders of Henry. Dude is determined to win. Apparently him and Petke had a talk before the game last night last time that happnened it lead to them winning the Supporters Shield.

Other than Stones and Wilshere the system is pretty much allowing everybody to play in their best position. Just a shame the front 3 are *censored*ing up every opportunity they get to make that decisive pass. Poor from Welbeck then but that 10 seconds of play essentially epitomises him as a player. Delph will probably get hauled off before he gets a red.

Archived