Top TNA Wrestler Suggests WWE Copied A Current TNA Storyline On Last Night's RAW

Golden Boy®

Going back to the original topic... Agreed, with how long wrestling has been around. There's BOUND to be a lot of copying. Here's the point I'm trying to make, though. It's nice that everyone is trying to dismiss the BLATANT fact that WWE copied TNA without a whimper or anything. Yet TNA goes and copies or does anything similar to WWE and it becomes a HUGE, HUGE whine fest..

"Oh it's the Nation of Domination, which WWE did first." "Oh it's just three black guys. Because three black guys were grouped together in TNA and now in WWE doesn't mean it's a copy." "Nation of Domination, so TNA copied first!" NOPE... Now, granted this could turn into Nation of Domination this Friday on Smackdown or on RAW.. but right now it's just three guys. NoD was more than three guys.

Furthermore, why did they have Xavier Woods out there in a suit and glasses? Also, why Big E and not R-Truth? R-Truth has been Xavier Woods' buddy since the beginning. Thirdly, Kofi Kingston.. who is a high-flyer/technical wrestler...

tna-wwe_zps62b0c448.jpg

Really, think about it. As far as Nation of Domination goes... for the moment RIGHT NOW.. between now and the next RAW. This isn't Nation of Domination...

It most certainly isn't a coincidental pairing of three black guys.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for this and for being a TNA supporter, but when folks are so willing to call out TNA for copying.. They need to do the same with WWE when they do it. Why would WWE even bother wanting to copy TNA since it's so looked down upon negatively?

That's all I'm saying.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Claye....it's not copying. It's like saying MVP, Lashley & Kenny King are a Shield copy. Or a NoD copy. Or a 3MB copy.

Xavier, Biggie & KK have been together for literally 2 days. If that's enough to copy everything about MLK, then MLK wasn't anything to beginn with.

And It's not R-Truth because R-Truth is over 40 and also concentrates on his music at the moment. Maybe they will add him later, who knows? We don't know anything about XBK yet. It's not even possible to call them a copy. Unless you want to call The Shield a Ace's & 8's copy too.

The characteristics of the three guys in TNA (and we're not talking about skin color here).. Now look at that segment again and figure in those characteristics..

They're just way too similar for me to just disregard so easily like everyone else.

Xavier Woods came out in a suit and glasses in a serious type mood.. first time I've seen him do that.

Big E.. his body tone and muscle size speaks for itself.

Kofi Kingston.. his skill-set is technical and high-flyer..

Now had I not mentioned names and just said TNA.. The obvious would be MVP, Kenny King and Bobby Lashley... MVP with the suits and all, we saw that in WWE. Lashley with his size and muscle tone.. and Kenny King has that high-flyer/technical moveset.

Claye....it's not copying. It's like saying MVP, Lashley & Kenny King are a Shield copy. Or a NoD copy. Or a 3MB copy.

Xavier, Biggie & KK have been together for literally 2 days. If that's enough to copy everything about MLK, then MLK wasn't anything to beginn with.

And It's not R-Truth because R-Truth is over 40 and also concentrates on his music at the moment. Maybe they will add him later, who knows? We don't know anything about XBK yet. It's not even possible to call them a copy. Unless you want to call The Shield a Ace's & 8's copy too.

Alright.. this is nitpicking here.. but I couldn't resist.. You see what you did there? You called them XBK... Kinda like how MVP, Lashley, King were called MLK. lol but all kidding aside with the name.. I still stand with what I said earlier.

Xavier, Biggie & KK have been together for literally 2 days. If that's enough to copy everything about MLK, then MLK wasn't anything to begin with.

You hit the nail on the head. If it were a copy, what would that say about TNA? Their faction has been around a lot longer and the characters have had way more time to develop. If you look at it and say it has as little substance as a stable that was literally just formed the other day in WWE, then both companies should be ashamed. TNA for creating something so generic and WWE for thinking it was a good idea.

They're not the same though. MLK does have substance. It does have interesting characters that stand out on their own. And while it might be similar to the old NOD in a lot of respects, I applaud TNA for at least putting their own spin on it and pairing up three guys with great chemistry. As for WWE's faction, they were only just created and time will tell if they're successful or if they're a copy of TNA. My hopes aren't high, not because I don't enjoy Kofi and Big E, but because I think WWE's midcard has been struggling for a while now especially when it comes to tag teams.

The characteristics of the three guys in TNA (and we're not talking about skin color here).. Now look at that segment again and figure in those characteristics..

They're just way too similar for me to just disregard so easily like everyone else.

Xavier Woods came out in a suit and glasses in a serious type mood.. first time I've seen him do that.

Big E.. his body tone and muscle size speaks for itself.

Kofi Kingston.. his skill-set is technical and high-flyer..

Now had I not mentioned names and just said TNA.. The obvious would be MVP, Kenny King and Bobby Lashley... MVP with the suits and all, we saw that in WWE. Lashley with his size and muscle tone.. and Kenny King has that high-flyer/technical moveset.

He did that in NXT, recently in his feud with CJ Parker, playing off of him getting his PhD

Aren't these guys basically a shitty, less talented version of The Authority? Weren't they also feuding with the lesser talented version of Daniel Bryan and his rip-off version of the YES movement? I also remember them doing the whole "time keeper", "ring announcer" and all that shit during EY's match... which seemed awfully familiar too. *Censored* TNA, and *Censored* you Lashley you bathturd!

They lost their Authority power recently, Kurt Angle is now in charge. They had a more Evolution feel anyway.

I'm just glad they found something for Woods to do

Can't say I've ever been a big fan of his, even back to his Consequences Creed days. I never disliked him or anything, I just preferred whoever he was involved with, or feuding with, whether that was Sabin and Shelley, or Lethal. But this has me intrigued. Let's see where he goes from here

• 2 weeks later...

This TNA talent never heard of the Nation of domination? used in WWE before TNA or even T&A (test and albert team) ever existed.

• 1 month later...

Going back to the original topic... Agreed, with how long wrestling has been around. There's BOUND to be a lot of copying. Here's the point I'm trying to make, though. It's nice that everyone is trying to dismiss the BLATANT fact that WWE copied TNA without a whimper or anything. Yet TNA goes and copies or does anything similar to WWE and it becomes a HUGE, HUGE whine fest..

"Oh it's the Nation of Domination, which WWE did first." "Oh it's just three black guys. Because three black guys were grouped together in TNA and now in WWE doesn't mean it's a copy." "Nation of Domination, so TNA copied first!" NOPE... Now, granted this could turn into Nation of Domination this Friday on Smackdown or on RAW.. but right now it's just three guys. NoD was more than three guys.

Furthermore, why did they have Xavier Woods out there in a suit and glasses? Also, why Big E and not R-Truth? R-Truth has been Xavier Woods' buddy since the beginning. Thirdly, Kofi Kingston.. who is a high-flyer/technical wrestler...

tna-wwe_zps62b0c448.jpg

Really, think about it. As far as Nation of Domination goes... for the moment RIGHT NOW.. between now and the next RAW. This isn't Nation of Domination...

It most certainly isn't a coincidental pairing of three black guys.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for this and for being a TNA supporter, but when folks are so willing to call out TNA for copying.. They need to do the same with WWE when they do it. Why would WWE even bother wanting to copy TNA since it's so looked down upon negatively?

That's all I'm saying.

Now , months later I agree with this even more. Just because a tag-team/stable shares the same race as another, does not make them the same. NoD,Harlem Heat, Cryme Time, and PTP are ALL different. The only thing they share is race. However, to deny the similarities between MLK and the stable of Coffie, Big Bunz and Forrest is stupidity. You would have to be blind NOT to see it.

Only time will tell HOW different they are...but as of the group itself(the wrestlers), they are very much the same.

Bushes=MVP

Big Bunz=Lashley

Coffie=King

As someone else suggested, out of ALL of the black wrestlers on the roster, why get those with similar traits? Why not replace Coffie with Titus? Why not Truth instead of Bushes? Darrin Young over Bunz(pun intended)?

I think you guys might be looking into it too much. Who knows what WWE was thinking with those guys. Maybe they thought Titus didn't fit (tbf, I don't think he would). Plus he's pure gold right now in Slater Gator and actually on TV each week. Darren Young was/is injured so he's out. R-Truth... well, I guess they just don't see a future in the guy. He's old now, and the only thing he's done recently was being used as Zigglers cheerleader. I guess they just took 3 guys who weren't really doing a lot or didn't really have much direction, and decided to stick them together and hope something awesome came out of it.

Then again, maybe you are right. Maybe WWE are taking TNA's biggest angle (not watched in some time, but I assume that's correct), and making a parody of that, making it look like TNA's biggest angle isn't even good enough to be on WWE TV.

Archived