Easiest way for a game to appeal to you?

ttttttttttt

What is the feature or game genre that makes you go "wow I really need to get this, this is going to be so good"?

Personally the quickest way a video game can get to my heart is by featuring some sort of career or story mode where I can create my own character. Mainly sports games seeing as I have a bad knee and have no chance of doing much noteworthy in sports, it allows me to pretend im a 7"1 black man with a green mohawk. Second is probably just any sandbox game, like GTA, saints row and mafia. Generally a sandbox I can just goof around on.

Sports is usually a good career mode. Its really had to grab me with story mode based games just because I usually tear through them quickly with little problem and then have nothing to do. Online typically doesn't appease me.

I think recently its competitive games with a deep metagame that allows for a lot of difference. Games that I can play online and typically not find someone playing the same way as me more than a few times

Character creation/customization.

Yup, this.

Whenever I see some sort of character customization the chances are high that I'm going to get that game. Even without looking up things about the game.

That's how I got Mass Effect, Wrestling Games in general (TNA Impact for example), Saints Row, the Sims, and many many more

Name really. I don't get many games so I just go for ones I know for the most part. If a game gets super awesome reviews and it's not a shooter ors something I'll prolly get it down the line when it's dirt cheap.

- Innovative: It's gotta be new or inventive in some kind of way; if it's something I've done before, then it's a tough sell for me

- Customization: I enjoy being able to alter the appearance of my characters and make them my own; weapons, vehicles, skills/abilities, etc. are nice as well

- Choice: I like having the ability to make my own decisions and have multiple options to tackle certain tasks

- An adequate story: I'm not looking for high-caliber material, but it's gotta have a story that's worth playing through

- Multiplayer: Now, not every game needs a multiplayer mode, but I would be lying if I didn't say those types of games are the games I play the most and the longest -- so yeah, I would prefer if the game had a multiplayer option as long as it makes sense

Of course, not every game fits that criteria all at once but if a game doesn't at least meet one or two of those items, then it's likely I'm not interested.

Archived