Kurt Angle Turns Down TNA Contract Offer

limitbreak

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if they would chant "You Suck" right off the bat...

I would kinda hope that they wouldn't. Especially after Kurt returns from injury like this. I think a "Welcome back" chant would be appropriate for starters. Then they could ease into the "you suck" chants at an appropriate time.

If he uses the ECW version of his theme, the You Suck part isn't even there.

But they'd probably use the one people are more familiar with...didn't Kurt embrace the chants though? Like his last run as a face in WWE, whenever they chanted You Suck, he'd just point at his opponent so the chant would be directed at them instead. At least that's how I remember it.

This was my thought. Even in his 2003 face run he embraced them.

In all honesty, we're probably getting hyped for nothing, because he will probably just return to TNA. I mean...his videos on youtube have fellow TNA stars talking about how intense he is and how he'll be back better than ever, etc. Granted, those are his friends, and they're entitled to talk on Kurt's behalf outside of TNA...but still.

Only reason I could see him considering WWE, is if he has been talking to Sting and Sting told him that WWE is giving him good offers, etc. Also, he might be pissed about the way his last TNA match went. He looked incredibly weak by losing that match.

Also, it's possible that with HHH in charge of WWE, he may have reached out to Kurt the moment the injury happened and opened a line of contact. If I was HHH, that's what I would do...especially with Trips having gone through rehab issues of his own. It seems to me, that Triple H is a lot better at communicating with free agents than Vince ever was. I could definitely see HHH being buddy/buddy with Kurt and chatting him up about how to fight through the pain, etc. Kinda like how Edge became good friends with Stone Cold when he had his neck injury...

Angle deserves better than a "You Suck" chant if he returns. That's disrespectful and wouldn't be a great return --

I would LOVE to have him in a wrestling game again. Oh its true, its damn true!

Knowing Angle, he would wrestle anyway. We are talking about the dude who defected to TNA for the sole reason that WWE told him to take time off and he refused...

Not true. He wanted time off and they wouldn't give it to him. Just watched his RF shoot the other day.

Not to say Kurt isn't the most tenacious mother *censored*er walking the planet.

Be like Lebron and come back home to WWE. One match in WWE is equal to his entire career in TNA for me personally as I haven't really followed what he did in TNA and I'm sure a lot of people are on the same boat with me. Come back to WWE, maybe have one last angle (no pun intended) and retire at Wrestlemania and then reap the benefits of being a WWE legend, while still alive.

Knowing Angle, he would wrestle anyway. We are talking about the dude who defected to TNA for the sole reason that WWE told him to take time off and he refused...

Not true. He wanted time off and they wouldn't give it to him. Just watched his RF shoot the other day.

Not to say Kurt isn't the most tenacious mother *censored*er walking the planet.

I don't think that's how it happened at all. I was watching both shows when it happened. He was literally on ECW one week and then he was on TNA. WWE mandated time off because he wasn't in good health. He jumped ship to TNA so he could keep wrestling. If he wanted time off, why would he have signed with TNA so soon?

Still...a month is a quick jump. If he wanted to take time off, I'm sure he would have taken more than a month. I specifically remember reading all sorts of stuff about how WWE wanted him to take time off because he was pushing himself too hard. That's why they released him..because he became a danger to himself and others. They released him so he would be forced to take time off, and he signed with TNA instead...

Archived