PS4 or Xbox One?

Schizo

Before I start. Please try to refrain from turning this into a console war. Even though that's easier said than done. And if it has to be war let it be a polite and mature war.

In two weeks I'm getting a next gen console. Now at some point I'll have a PS4 and Xbox One but I still don't know which one to get. I'm not a graphics whore but at the same time I do what the game I'm saying to look nice. Now I've heard how Sony is more powerful and has a better graphics card. But for some reason I can't decide. And Sony tends to have the better upcoming library. And my friends have either or. So it's split when it comes to who I'd be playing with online.

Also can someone explain the whole Xbox not having 1080p story?

The 1080p thing, I've never heard about personally, so I can't tell you anything about it, sorry.

But as for my choice, I recommend a PS4. I have a PS4 currently, and do plan on getting both an Xbox One eventually, but for me it boils down to game library, and I say PS4 simply because I like they're exclusives a lot better. The only exclusive I like for Xbox is Halo. Ps4 has a ton of amazing games. inFamous Second Son is simply amazing, Uncharted 4 will be out next year, Last of Us remake will be out the end if this month. Those 3 alone win it for me.

Graphics alone cannot be the deciding factor in this because even if there is a difference between the two, it's very minimal to non existent. You'd have to very picky and like so geeky about it to get a console based on better graphics because the difference is that minimal. It all comes down to your personal preference, friends and the exclusives. Which one you prefer more based on previous consoles, where your friends are at and most importantly, whose exclusive titles you like more.

With a recent update the Xbox One is getting a 10% power boost, so the difference between graphics will even be more minimal. It really boils down to.. Which are the majority of your friends going to buy? And which console has the exclusives you absolutely have to play?

All about personal preference. What exclusive do you want

Infamous, Uncharted. No Man's Sky. Last Of Us remastered. I didn't play the original however. H1Z1, DriveClub & Little Big Planet 3.

For Xbox, Killer Instinct, Master Chief Collection( mainly for Halo 2)...........

Forza.

I had the 360 last generation and I often played the PS4. I honestly thought and still think the 360 was the best console last time around. This generation though, the PS4 is looking much more appealing to me. I don't like the whole One layout and the machine itself seems to be weaker overall. Also, the exclusives are more important to me than what the One offers. PS+ seems to be much better than XBL Games with Gold and while I personally think XBL offers the more enjoyable online gaming experience, everything aside from the actual playing, PSN is superior so you have to wager that.

Personally, I'll get the PS4 this month, because I definitely want to have it anyways. However, I'll get a Xbox One later as well because I'd prefer to play stuff like Fifa, WWE, NBA etc. online on XBL as it seems better to me and I'd love to get my hands on the next Gears Of War and Dead Rising 3 down the line. The one thing that bugs me about buying the One first and possibly having it as my only console is that I really doubt Microsoft will lay those always online and DMR things to rest forever and I don't want to be reliant on a system that eventually turns into what they first announced.

I'd really just decide by the following factors:

Do you play online? (Point for the One imo)

What do your friends, possibly both on and offline, have and how much do you value playing with them?

What exclusives are overall more appealing to you?

They are both great consoles anyways and it greatly comes down to what you personally prefer.

Short answer - Neither.

Right now I don't think either are worth buying. And this is coming from a guy with a PS4.

PC all the way.....until the exclusives start rolling out then sure, it's worth the purchase. If I really had to choose, I'd go with the PS4 because it's looking (at the moment) like that is going to be having the better performance on most multi plat games. I got a ps4 to play with friends and play exclusives (when they start coming out). My real gaming is done on PC.

The difference between the graphics is the same as the PS3 vs 360 but it's been flipped. The 360 had better graphics for multi plats but now the PS4 has better graphics. It's noticeable if you go back and forth quite regularly but not enough to be bothersome, both have great graphics anyway. Developers seem to prefer the PS4 over the One so that could be something to help you make a decision.

Exclusives is preference. Right now I wouldn't see either console has had a truly amazing game of great one for that matter, both Infamous and Titan Fall aren't what they are cracked up to be apart from the general aesthetics and gameplay being amazing, the storyline, characters and replayability is a grind and not so great. Titan Fall has awful issues like the screen tearing holding it back. Haven't played it for a while so don't know if it's been improved.

The UI system on the PS4 is easier to navigate and isn't run by Windows 8 so I'd say that's a win on PS4's side too.

If you like interactive games obviously get the Xbox because Fable is out and Kinect is just way better than the shitty PS4 camera I got, literally does nothing.

Both consoles are stripped down right now with features, pretty shitty you can't play music files or videos from a USB but I'm sure it will come eventually, both consoles at this time are pretty even but I feel the PlayStation edges it, the developers favouring it is a big factor, it sure was for the 360, especially with the year head start too. The PS3 eventually took over in sales though, I think it was due to the exclusives that came out later for PS3, really think that Uncharted 2 was like the turning point.

Let's be honest, most people want to use USB to watch pirated TV shows and movies on their big screens. That's the reason they don't allow it and I don't blame them. They want people to try their video and music services on their respected devices. I think Sony have said USB support will come after people complained but it's not in their interest to do it right away.

Let's be honest, most people want to use USB to watch pirated TV shows and movies on their big screens. That's the reason they don't allow it and I don't blame them. They want people to try their video and music services on their respected devices. I think Sony have said USB support will come after people complained but it's not in their interest to do it right away.

Not true. The main reason most people on this site want USB support is so that we can put wrestling themes on our consoles. It was on the PS3, why backpedal?

Not true. The main reason most people on this site want USB support is so that we can put wrestling themes on our consoles. It was on the PS3, why backpedal?

He means people in general, not just this site.

Update for anyone who cares. I had some fun with my PS4. I however took it back and traded it in for an Xbox One. Titanfall and Need For Speed Rivals are outstanding. And I just downloaded Killer Instinct last night and really love it.

Update for anyone who cares. I had some fun with my PS4. I however took it back and traded it in for an Xbox One. Titanfall and Need For Speed Rivals are outstanding. And I just downloaded Killer Instinct last night and really love it.

Personally i have both and i dont use the Ps4 at all , i hate everything about it , now that i am use to the Xbox one , Everything on the interface , imo and personally, are better on xbox one , Kinect is a lot superiror to the shitty cam of ps4 , And the online is just far superior to the ps4 , but at the end it's all personall preference , im looking for someone to sell my Ps4 so much i hate it.

Graphic-wise there's really no diffrence at all , barely noticeable.

But on the subject of your quote , yeah titanfall is fun for couple of days but after this it get repetitive and boring imo , Need for speed i still play it since the first day i bought it , it just one of the game i never get tired to play with..

PS: It's all just my personal opinion.

Personally i have both and i dont use the Ps4 at all , i hate everything about it , now that i am use to the Xbox one , Everything on the interface , imo and personally, are better on xbox one , Kinect is a lot superiror to the shitty cam of ps4 , And the online is just far superior to the ps4 , but at the end it's all personall preference , im looking for someone to sell my Ps4 so much i hate it.

Graphic-wise there's really no diffrence at all , barely noticeable.

But on the subject of your quote , yeah titanfall is fun for couple of days but after this it get repetitive and boring imo , Need for speed i still play it since the first day i bought it , it just one of the game i never get tired to play with..

PS: It's all just my personal opinion.

I got to say about the Titanfall thing, you're right. I'm already starting to get a little down with it. Not bores but it's most def repetitive. NFS I can never get tired of either man.

Archived