Question about Movesets

NickRedMachine

Is Bryan Williams gone from the team? I think I heard that before somewhere. If so, do you think the quality and accuracy of the default movesets will be improved?

EDIT: Yes, I know it's easy to change, but it's a pain to do for every character and I don't know too much about the whole roster.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew I liked Brian over Cory. I know Brian has told us a few big lies in the past but I just like him cause you can tell the guy is a fan of wrestling from everywhere and if he had more control, time, and money, he could give us the game we want. I've gotten over the 2011 debacle with the moves cause that was still a good game and his intentions were good he just went about it the completely wrong way.

Only thing I dont like about Brian is that he takes the time to add more based indy moves rather than ingame superstar moves.

I agree completely, actually. For years, basic new moves were needed when all he cared about is *censored*ing 450 reverse frankensteiners and shit

nah...Bryans definitely the problem. As i've said countless times......look at old wrestling games, that had Japanese devs handling movesets. Fire pro, Aki & Toukon games had more accurate movesets. Play as Eddie Guerrero in VPW or a Fire Pro game......and he has correct moves. And that was back in the mid 90's.

Half of the taunts aren't even assigned to the ppl they go to. Bruno Sammartino's DLC Canadian Backbreaker is wrong. Why? Because Bryan saw a botched version of the backbreaker that Bruno did to Giant Baba in a youtube video......and mo-capped that. Instead of the correct version Bruno did 99.9% of the time.

15 years of making Kane, Big Show, The Rock, Austin, Undertaker..........you would think they'd have those perfected by now. But nope. Every year, its like they just start from scratch again. Use a default moveset (w/ running floatover neckbreakers) and throw in a wrestler specific taunt, finisher, sig and 1 or 2 strong grapples that they know are right....and move on to the next guy.

The only movesets that Bryan actually "tries" on.....are his faves. Like CM Punk & Daniel Bryan.

And if u go thru there movesets, you'll notice its all moves ripped straight from the "Top 100 Moves of...." videos on Youtube. Bryan just goes on youtube. Watches 1 "Top 100 moves of..." video for his fave wrestlers. And inputs the moves he sees. Thats basically the same thing all of these crappy moveset makers do already.

nah...Bryans definitely the problem. As i've said countless times......look at old wrestling games, that had Japanese devs handling movesets. Fire pro, Aki & Toukon games had more accurate movesets. Play as Eddie Guerrero in VPW or a Fire Pro game......and he has correct moves. And that was back in the mid 90's.

Half of the taunts aren't even assigned to the ppl they go to. Bruno Sammartino's DLC Canadian Backbreaker is wrong. Why? Because Bryan saw a botched version of the backbreaker that Bruno did to Giant Baba in a youtube video......and mo-capped that. Instead of the correct version Bruno did 99.9% of the time.

15 years of making Kane, Big Show, The Rock, Austin, Undertaker..........you would think they'd have those perfected by now. But nope. Every year, its like they just start from scratch again. Use a default moveset (w/ running floatover neckbreakers) and throw in a wrestler specific taunt, finisher, sig and 1 or 2 strong grapples that they know are right....and move on to the next guy.

The only movesets that Bryan actually "tries" on.....are his faves. Like CM Punk & Daniel Bryan.

And if u go thru there movesets, you'll notice its all moves ripped straight from the "Top 100 Moves of...." videos on Youtube. Bryan just goes on youtube. Watches 1 "Top 100 moves of..." video for his fave wrestlers. And inputs the moves he sees. Thats basically the same thing all of these crappy moveset makers do already.

You my friend are 1000% correct. I couldn't Agree more on how much Brian Williams is bad at his job, everything you mentioned about the youtube is spot on. He's admitted himself all he does is youtube research and goes from that. You also bring up a great point about how he seems to watch a video of someone doing the move the wrong way or different from how they usually do it, if it's either a botch or oversell or a stupid sell if you will and instead of actually doing real research he would know that's not how it's done 99.9% of the time. How can move sets regress???? Can someone seriously tell me this guy isn't the problem when it's his job to do?

Here is the thing, THQ shouldn't even had to go to youtube. Just phone World Wrestling Entertainment requesting footage, hell WWE Network exists watch that. Plus THQ's WWE2k14 proved that all Brian Williams needs is more time and somebody watching his backside; as I've stated William is in the background basically earning a free paycheck.

Interesting thread. Didn't know they just youtubed movesets. And yes, it's a pain the arse to change the movesets every year.

Btw, what create a moveset also needs is a search bar. If you for example search enzuigiri, it lists all the regulars and step up enzuigiris so you don't have to scroll through hundreds of moves just to find the one move that fits there. Scrolling is too time consuming and makes moveset creating tedious. A search function would make it a lot quicker and therefore improve the creation experience.

Williams isn't like Ledesma or Siterson, he is a legit fan. He goes overboard and tends to be full of shit, but they can make good use of him if they keep him as a consultant. As far as I know, he's the only guy from the THQ team left, maybe that aught to make him tread carefully.

Interesting thread. Didn't know they just youtubed movesets. And yes, it's a pain the arse to change the movesets every year.

Btw, what create a moveset also needs is a search bar. If you for example search enzuigiri, it lists all the regulars and step up enzuigiris so you don't have to scroll through hundreds of moves just to find the one move that fits there. Scrolling is too time consuming and makes moveset creating tedious. A search function would make it a lot quicker and therefore improve the creation experience.

^ Agreed completely. I remember wanting the repeated powerbombs, didn't know the name for it, and I had to search for like 5 minutes before I found it was called 'Multiple Powerbombs'. Shouldn't be that annoying.

Here is the thing, THQ shouldn't even had to go to youtube. Just phone World Wrestling Entertainment requesting footage, hell WWE Network exists watch that. Plus THQ's WWE2k14 proved that all Brian Williams needs is more time and somebody watching his backside; as I've stated William is in the background basically earning a free paycheck.

Exactly he shouldn't have to go to youtube... Still doesn't justify him half assing things he obviously didn't think needed to be changed or fixed. Instead he did what he wanted to do... All we get is crazy omg moves and indy moves. Why?? The in game wrestlers move sets aren't even close to being accurate.

They need to get someone, anyone, to fix the preset moveset list. Nearly every Kurt Angle or Samoa Joe you download has that 'Hangmans Neckbreaker, Snap Suplex, Russian Leg Sweep, Running DDT' pattern of moves with their signature and finisher being the only accurate thing.

I agree that Bryan is a mark for indy guys and a lot of legends and superstars get crap treatment when it comes to unique moves, look at Seth Rollins or Cesaro's moveset compared to even big names like Brock Lesnar, The Rock and Stone Cold who are stuck with generic punches and clotheslines. The diva movesets are also a complete joke and any match with them is comical.

I thought the last time they tried to get everyone's moveset right was in '13 with the Attitude Era guys, we got a lot of unique moves for guys like X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Too Cool, Rikishi, Gangrel, Godfather, etc which were taken out years ago.

I'll be around next year, so it won't real matter if they do it correctly. Would like some back grapples though; they are always hard to choose due to how little there are

Bad mindset. If you keep saying ''Maybe next year'' nothing will ever change.

I'll be around next year, so it won't real matter if they do it correctly. Would like some back grapples though; they are always hard to choose due to how little there are

Bad mindset. If you keep saying ''Maybe next year'' nothing will ever change.

I would like new moves, but they don't have time to research movesets(takes awhile) and develop a game with new features. Maybe they could use mine and others' good ones?

They need to get someone, anyone, to fix the preset moveset list. Nearly every Kurt Angle or Samoa Joe you download has that 'Hangmans Neckbreaker, Snap Suplex, Russian Leg Sweep, Running DDT' pattern of moves with their signature and finisher being the only accurate thing.

I agree that Bryan is a mark for indy guys and a lot of legends and superstars get crap treatment when it comes to unique moves, look at Seth Rollins or Cesaro's moveset compared to even big names like Brock Lesnar, The Rock and Stone Cold who are stuck with generic punches and clotheslines. The diva movesets are also a complete joke and any match with them is comical.

I thought the last time they tried to get everyone's moveset right was in '13 with the Attitude Era guys, we got a lot of unique moves for guys like X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Too Cool, Rikishi, Gangrel, Godfather, etc which were taken out years ago.

Even then they missed bare basic maneuvers, Where is Road Dogg's Shaky Leg Leg drop? Ect; THQ's WWE'13 Move-sets where THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 bad in reality, sure people had some unique maneuvers but honestly every version of Triple H, Mick Foley, Ect being Copy & Paste of each other. They could have gone all out, given us Sweet Shin Music for Dude Love; but nope....gotta pay attention to the strange looking Inverted Frankensteiner. The fact HBK Got stuck with Super Kick 2 is insulting....God I hate Super Kick 2;

Even then they missed bare basic maneuvers, Where is Road Dogg's Shaky Leg Leg drop? Ect; THQ's WWE'13 Move-sets where THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 bad in reality, sure people had some unique maneuvers but honestly every version of Triple H, Mick Foley, Ect being Copy & Paste of each other. They could have gone all out, given us Sweet Shin Music for Dude Love; but nope....gotta pay attention to the strange looking Inverted Frankensteiner. The fact HBK Got stuck with Super Kick 2 is insulting....God I hate Super Kick 2;

I hate the wobble. I wish they still had the SCM's that had a pinfall in them. I think they last until SvR2009 or 10 before they gave us this crappy version. Petty that Custom Finishers are so weak that you barely get a one count because I like my custom verison of Sweet Chin Music.

I also made a Superman Punch. I need to video these.

I hate the wobble. I wish they still had the SCM's that had a pinfall in them. I think they last until SvR2009 or 10 before they gave us this crappy version. Petty that Custom Finishers are so weak that you barely get a one count because I like my custom verison of Sweet Chin Music.

The Sweet Chin Music with pinfall was debuted in THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 and then removed in THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 because apparently 'They didn't look up to par'; I'd really like some FBI Drone footage of exactly what took place in the meeting between Cory Ledesma, Aubrey Sitterson and Bryan Williams to screw up the game as bad as they did. Seriously;

Is this the Brian Williams hate thread?

If so, count me out..

BW is a cool cat doing the best he can with limited time and money.

No, it's not. At least, that's not how it was intended. It's just that the default movesets are damn terrible and I hear he puts them together.

Is this the Brian Williams hate thread?

If so, count me out..

BW is a cool cat doing the best he can with limited time and money.

No, it's not. At least, that's not how it was intended. It's just that the default movesets are damn terrible and I hear he puts them together.

They are pretty bad movesets. Probably because there aren't enough people who can do it. Movesets aren't easy at all; move placement is very important, and that can be difficult. The solution? Us. A couple of people, including me, like to put effort into making accurate movesets for others. What if 2K realized this and began to use ours, learning from them and adding new animations in? Or even hire the older moveset makers(I'm not fit for this job at 16) so they can work with the team. But I don't see something like this happening.

The Sweet Chin Music with pinfall was debuted in THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 and then removed in THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 because apparently 'They didn't look up to par'; I'd really like some FBI Drone footage of exactly what took place in the meeting between Cory Ledesma, Aubrey Sitterson and Bryan Williams to screw up the game as bad as they did. Seriously;

Lots, and I mean LOTS, of cocaine.

Archived