Bound For Glory 2014 Location + Poster Revealed

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

mkzw5t.jpg

Today, just hours before TNA's massive IMPACT tapings begin in New York City, TNA President Dixie Carter and legendary Japanese icon the Great Muta held a press conference at the Manhattan Center to announce that, for the first time, the annual Bound For Glory pay-per-view will take place in Tokyo, Japan at Korakeun Hall!

This year will mark the 10th Anniversary of the annual Bound For Glory event and will certainly be the biggest and most exciting year yet!

Additionally, it was revealed today that Team 3D will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame in Tokyo as well! The most decorated Tag Team in history, Team 3D have done many tours of Japan and held the country's most prestigious tag team gold!

Bound For Glory will be held on October 12, 2014 and more details will be available soon!

I really don't know what to think about TNA. Most of what they do suggests they're thriving. But then there are the first hand stories of bad business and the obvious things we see on tv that fans have a total disconnect with. ?

At first I thought this meant they'd be doing an inter-promotional show with NJPW, which would have been pretty awesome. If that isn't the case though, I don't see much point since they're barely surviving in America as it is and barely selling seats at their current shows.

Sounds like a terrible business move.

this means the PPV will air at 5 AM or something like that in the states. Doubt many will watch it and by the time you are able to watch a replay the spoilers will be all over the internet. And not many fans except maybe the true die hard TNA faithful will bother with it after.

How's it ballsy? The always do better abroad rather than in the states.

It's common sense

Well, considering there's a NJPW show literally the day after in the same arena (which I think will draw more honestly), it's a pretty ballsy move.

Plus, AJ Styles himself said recently that one of the biggest reasons that TNA is as big as they are overseas is because they are on free television. And even then, the amount of people willing to pay to get the channels to be able to watch WWE are as big as the amount of people that are watching TNA for free. Not only that, but magazine companies over there would still much rather have WWE guys on their covers instead of TNA guys because they don't sell as good. Now that's just in the UK and I don't know how good TNA draw in Japan, but just think about that.

That's why they have one of the biggest stars(Muta) in Japan and his company helping them. I thought the NJPW show was on the same day and the same arena? I think TNA will be having their show before NJPW, Fans could actually go to both if they wanted.(I would if I lived in Japan)

Going to that Magazine comment, I think they'd rather have Muta on it than any WWE Star.

That's why they have one of the biggest stars(Muta) in Japan and his company helping them. I thought the NJPW show was on the same day and the same arena? I think TNA will be having their show before NJPW, Fans could actually go to both if they wanted.(I would if I lived in Japan)

Going to that Magazine comment, I think they'd rather have Muta on it than any WWE Star.

Its on the same day The W-1/TNA show will start at Noon.

Take note WWE

Take note on what

On excluding fans of your biggest event and most likely not having a big viewership because NJPW is gonna kick your ass locally while timezones *Censored* up your main audience.

Has the time of the PPV been announced yet? I mean they could do an 9pm start in Japan which would be an 8am start in America correct? That's not terrible is it?

The NFL is doing the same thing with their London games as I believe the Falcons-Lions game is going to be 9am this year for american fans and I'll no doubt be up to watch it.

Also I think WWE could monitor this event closely. if the NFL has success with their London Games this year and TNA has success with this one I could deff see the WWE having a PPV outside the states (like they once did with a couple minor PPV's), esp with the WWE Network and fans being able to watch the PPV whenever they want.

Archived