PWG the (Un)official topic

cuey82

Well, just when I thought PWG were having a quiet start to the year (only quiet compared to the awesomeness of 2012 & 2013), they go and somehow out do themselves!

This years BOLA is 24 competitors over 3 nights, 29th, 30th & 31st August, there's still 8 competitors to be announced and it already looks the strongest line up possibly ever (well 2007 BOLA was very strong at the time but still!)

1. Matt Sydal

2. Drew Gulak

3. Trevor Lee

4. Chris Sabin

5. Johnny Gargano

6. Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins)

7. Michael Elgin

8. Biff Busick

9. Kyle O'Reilly

10. Brian Cage

11. ACH

12. Zack Sabre Jr

13. Rich Swann

14. Trent?

15. AJ Styles

16. Cedric Alexander

17. AR Fox

18. Chris Hero

19. Roderick Strong

20. Chuck Taylor

21. Tomasso Ciampa

22. Adam Cole

23. Ricochet

24. Kenny Omega

So that's 4 debuts in PWG (Gulak, Busick, Myers & Sabre Jr) and 4 anticipated returns (Sydal, Sabin, Styles & Omega)

My tip to win it is Elgin, beaten finalist for last 2 years in a row, just feel now is his time! If not then Ricochet if he is announced

No doubt we'll see some people raise their status like Gargano in last years, I think Sabre Jr and Gulak will be nice surprises; I'm open minded to see Myers on the indies as long as he's give time he could make the impact Trent? has since he debuted last year

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like an amazing BOLA this year, I feel like Gargano is gonna take it this year. If Younger didn't leave, I'd think he would win it. I hope to see Styles/Gargano again, the match they had for 2CW is so good.

Also, I think you forgot Cedric Alexander.

It seems like an amazing BOLA this year, I feel like Gargano is gonna take it this year. If Younger didn't leave, I'd think he would win it. I hope to see Styles/Gargano again, the match they had for 2CW is so good.

Also, I think you forgot Cedric Alexander.

Oops I completely forgot about him you're right, thought the numbers didn't as up with them announcing 8 yesterday, makes sense 8 today, presumably the last 8 tomorrow? I think the final 8 will be made of PWG regulars eg Ricochet, Steen (if he's not in WWE at that point), Willie Mack (if not same as steen), Roderick Strong, Joey Ryan, AR Fox, Chuck Taylor, Tomasso Ciampa

I can't see there being more debuts, the only likely ones if they happen could be JT Dunn and/or Timothy Thatcher

And I haven't see that match yet but I have heard good things, to be fair Gargano could drag a decent match out of anybody. I would love to see him and O'Reilly go at it again, if not in the BOLA tournament, a title match one of the nights

I was waiting for this topic to come up. I guess I haven't been following it lately, because the only people I knew about being in it were Sydal and Gulak. This year's BOLA is going to be awesome

We need some Alex Shelley up in this bitch!

^Also this

Not sure what that word 'premise' actually means. English is not my first language and tried to use translater but didn't help... :shift: I'm gonna guess you mean what's BOLA about. It's King of the Ring style tournament. Winner gets a trophy and whatever he wants. Most have chosen a world title shot while Davey Richards requested a shot at the tag titles in 06. 2009 the PWG title was vacated after Danielson won it on his last night before going to WWE. So the BOLA of that year was for the strap. The amount of wrestlers taking part of the tournament has varied from 8 to 24 and from 1 night tournament to 3 day. There has been a sort of curse around BOLA because many times there has been booking issues and wrestlers have been pulled out of the tournament due to injuries. My favorite BOLA's thus far have been 2007 & 2008. Also the first one in 2005 has a place in my heart because Bosh won it. :)

It's easily my favorite tournament held in US over stuff like Best of the Best (CZW) or Young Lions Cup (CHIKARA)

Is that the one where everyone chases Omega around the building, or was that 08?

I haven't seen much of the older PWG, aside from the Sells Out Compilations, so I'd say one of my favorite moment was also a tag match of people eliminated. Actually two of them, at BOLA '12. The first was the match with Team Statutory. (The birth of Sleazy Kyle) And then I think it was also at BOLA '12 where Generico teamed with Steen and Rick Knox against the Young Bucks and Brian Cage.

I still think the first bola had one of the best lineups. The tag between all the losers of night 1 on night 2 was awesome for that one. This lineup definitely looks like one of the best in a few years. I would love to see super dragon come back at bola as doubtful as I know that is he did say he'd be back at some point.

The final 8, have been announced, and wow just wow, Kenny Omega comes home, as if this tournament line up couldn't get any better

Sadly this looks like the event prior to BOLA, ELEVEN is Steens final PWG appearence; I'm also surprised (but not necessarily disappointed) not to see Joey Ryan or Candice Larae in the tournament, presumably they'll tag together in a non tournament match up,

What a line up, best BOLA ever

Fantastic final announced people in the event. Just perfect. Also now a super dragon 3 disc collection comming soon? Pwg is on a roll

Really? Where and when was this announced?

Fantastic final announced people in the event. Just perfect. Also now a super dragon 3 disc collection comming soon? Pwg is on a roll

Really? Where and when was this announced?

I'll just leave this here for you and everyone else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd9E6vj9wuc&feature=youtu.be

Awww shit! Much appreciated. Can't wait

Two Awesome Non-Tournament matches have been announced:

Night One: Mount Rushmore (Adam Cole/Young Bucks) vs Best Friends of Low Moral Fiber (Kenny Omega/Chuck Taylor/Trent?)

Night Two: Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels/Frankie Kazarian) vs The Young Bucks

Holy shit! They're going all out with BOLA, this year!

Archived