Fans To Decide What Ring TNA Will Use Moving Forward

Guest Fight Me.

If you want to differentiate yourself from WWE, do it with better storylines, characters, and matches. Don't do it by using a stupid 6-sided ring.

The XFL was obviously a huge flop, but it would have been an even bigger flop if Vince McMahon tried to make them play football on a triangle-shaped field, just to be different than the NFL.

Six Sided rings were and are a thing in wrestling though.

Sure but mainstream United States pro wrestling has alwasy been in a 4-sided ring.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we gonna get any announcement of this ahead of time or is it just gonna be revealed when people show up to the tapings?

I'm all for the six-sided ring returning. It won't fix the problems but it was one of the things that made them unique and provided quite a few moments that a four-sided ring wouldn't have been able to do. I've always felt that TNA's four-sided ring looked small. I think a six-sided ring could be just as protective as a four-sided ring if it's big enough, and designed right. I don't know enough about the engineering of a wrestling ring to say anymore than that but surely there must be a more efficient way to support the ring than the pillar design mentioned above. Four-sided rings can be just as hard depending on the way they're built. Go watch some Stampede Wrestling footage to see what I mean.

On a side note: Looking at the overall reaction of the IWC to this is quite funny. I remember when TNA decided to switch to a four-sided ring and people hated it. Now they want to bring the six-sided ring back and people are shitting all over it.

Are we gonna get any announcement of this ahead of time or is it just gonna be revealed when people show up to the tapings?

I'm all for the six-sided ring returning. It won't fix the problems but it was one of the things that made them unique and provided quite a few moments that a four-sided ring wouldn't have been able to do. I've always felt that TNA's four-sided ring looked small. I think a six-sided ring could be just as protective as a four-sided ring if it's big enough, and designed right. I don't know enough about the engineering of a wrestling ring to say anymore than that but surely there must be a more efficient way to support the ring than the pillar design mentioned above. Four-sided rings can be just as hard depending on the way they're built. Go watch some Stampede Wrestling footage to see what I mean.

On a side note: Looking at the overall reaction of the IWC to this is quite funny. I remember when TNA decided to switch to a four-sided ring and people hated it. Now they want to bring the six-sided ring back and people are shitting all over it.

We are hating on the fact that they ask the fans and not the wrestlers, who seem to have a lot problems with it.

Eh, I don't care. I voted for six-sides because I just want things to be interesting. If they had a poll which asked, "Which would you rather see? Us try to copy WWE and fail or us try to come up with original things and fail?" I feel like there would be a lot less bitching

I didn't know that about the 6-sided ring. It probably was for the best that they switched, for the sake of the roster's health.

Gotta say though, I would like to see the 6-sided ring instead of the 4-sided one. If the 6-sided ring gets voted in, and TNA decides to be honest with the voting, maybe they'll get a new, safer design for it that isn't as taxing on their roster.

Eh, I don't care. I voted for six-sides because I just want things to be interesting. If they had a poll which asked, "Which would you rather see? Us try to copy WWE and fail or us try to come up with original things and fail?" I feel like there would be a lot less bitching

What the *Censored* are you talking about lmfao

They're supposed to announce a winner today.

What exactly is so great about the six sided ring?

I know its different from any other company & used to watch TNA when they used it but dont really see what the big deal about it is. Its just a wrestling ring.

I agree TNA as a product whole is garbage but they have a pretty good roster and it's a shame to know their health is now at more of a risk because of the 6 sided ring. I didn't realize the danger of it until other superstars spoke out about it. I think the 6 sided ring was cool at first because it made them stand out but now it's just dangerous and unnecessary. If it were a special thing for certain PPV's I would understand.

It also amazes me that the amount of sides their ring has is what Dixie Carter and the other morons running this company are worried about. Instead of focusing on digging their product out of the seemingly inevitable grave it's in, they increase their production costs (I imagine) by changing their entire ring set up.

Never liked the six sided ring in the first place, so I hate this result, and it seems a lot of superstars aren't too happy either. I know that they wanted to be different from WWE in the first place which is why they used a six sided ring, and I totally get that... but that just doesn't work for them nowadays because they just rip every storyline WWE currently has going, and barely have any original storylines. I'm sorry to say that there are many other things they could/should have done to give their product a unique feel, instead of simply changing the ring around.

I dont think it would be that difficult to make the 6 sided ring safer for the workers, however we all know TNA wont actually cough up the money to do that.

I don't really think a 6 sided ring can be all that worse IF they put it together correctly, just my opinion though.

Thing is, rings are (typically, as far as my experience goes) actual wooden boards laid across metal supports. With a square ring, the boards are all the same length, thus, they're springy toward the middle. In a 6 sided ring, the boards are varying lengths and where the shorter boards are, there's more resistance. The shape of the ring creates less springy space and more area with shorter boards and more rigidity.

I don't really think a 6 sided ring can be all that worse IF they put it together correctly, just my opinion though.

Thing is, rings are (typically, as far as my experience goes) actual wooden boards laid across metal supports. With a square ring, the boards are all the same length, thus, they're springy toward the middle. In a 6 sided ring, the boards are varying lengths and where the shorter boards are, there's more resistance. The shape of the ring creates less springy space and more area with shorter boards and more rigidity.

Which is why I'm saying that I think if they actually took the time to figure it out, they could fix the problem. Thing is, that's time and money TNA doesn't care to use, instead using it to put Dixie on TV some more.

Which is why I'm saying that I think if they actually took the time to figure it out, they could fix the problem. Thing is, that's time and money TNA doesn't care to use, instead using it to put Dixie on TV some more.

I'm just saying that it's impossible to create more springy space without scaling up the size of the ring.

Archived