Fans To Decide What Ring TNA Will Use Moving Forward

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

Fans, this is what youve been asking for! You decide which ring we use moving forward, starting at our New York City IMPACT Tapings next week. Do we stay with 4 sides or bring back the 6 sided ring?

VOTE NOW using the poll below. Voting will end at MIDNIGHT on THURSDAY, after this weeks IMPACT.

THIS Friday, a winner will be announced and we will begin using the ring at next weeks IMPACT tapings at the Manhattan Center in New York City (June 25, 26, 27).

This is not a one-off event. The future of IMPACT Wrestlings ring is in your hands. Which ring do you want to see?

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/5884-Fans-Decide-Which-Ring-do-you-Prefer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting rid of the six sides was a good thing, in my opinion. Sure, it looks different than WWE's ring, but when the wrestlers repeatedly say they didn't like the six sides, that should carry more weight than what the fans want.

Only people in TNA I could ever recall having a problem with the six sides were Hogan and Bischoff, who changed it as soon as they got there because it wasn't "traditional". Most TNA guys will tell you they didn't mind the six sides at all.

Though AJ Styles brought up an interesting point recently. He himself loved the six sides and was upset when they got rid of it, but then he said he didn't mind the change when he realized the four sided ring was easier to bump on. So yeah, nobody minded the six sides, but it didn't do their bodies any favors.

Can't really blame Austin Aries or the rest of the roster...the 4 sided ring is like falling on a pillow compared to the 6 sided ring apparently.

Can't really blame Austin Aries or the rest of the roster...the 4 sided ring is like falling on a pillow compared to the 6 sided ring apparently.

But... why? I don't see any reason why the ring shouldn't be as good as the four sided one, aside from more hard areas at the outside, which would be there anyways, for any bump close to it.

But... why? I don't see any reason why the ring shouldn't be as good as the four sided one, aside from more hard areas at the outside, which would be there anyways, for any bump close to it.

Well, here's what AJ Styles had to say on Talk Is Jericho recently.

"Instead of a big spring in the middle, they had pillars which they had pulled apart. Obviously the closer they put them together, the stiffer it's gonna be. And then as you pull them apart, the more flimsy it's gonna be. So you had to find that happy medium. But then sometimes, it just didn't come out right. And I didn't realize how rough of a bump it was in the six sided ring until we switched to a squared ring. I remember Kurt and I wrestled, I believe in Wembley Arena in front of an incredible crowd in the UK. And he gave me the belly to back or belly to belly off the top rope and I was like 'ugh, if this was a six sided ring, I'd never take that again.' But obviously we did it again in a squared ring and I was getting ready for that impact and it was like falling on a pillow in comparison."

If you want to differentiate yourself from WWE, do it with better storylines, characters, and matches. Don't do it by using a stupid 6-sided ring.

The XFL was obviously a huge flop, but it would have been an even bigger flop if Vince McMahon tried to make them play football on a triangle-shaped field, just to be different than the NFL.

If you want to differentiate yourself from WWE, do it with better storylines, characters, and matches. Don't do it by using a stupid 6-sided ring.

The XFL was obviously a huge flop, but it would have been an even bigger flop if Vince McMahon tried to make them play football on a triangle-shaped field, just to be different than the NFL.

Six Sided rings were and are a thing in wrestling though.

I'd love to see the six-sided ring again, but if it's much harder for the wrestlers to compete in, thus increasing the possibility of injuries, they shouldn't bring it back permanently.

And while it's nice to see TNA letting the fans decide, such a decision is really not theirs to make.

Archived