Backstage News on Why Dolph Ziggler Isn’t Getting Pushed

.Sy™

Didn't him talking against the WWE got him into trouble?

They should have that as his gimmick. "The Shooter" Dolph Ziggler. Would be alot better than the show off.

That way he can run his mouth about whatever it is that annoys him or the fans about WWE, gets payed for it and might even end up as a main eventer.

Still don't get the hate for the name...

Only because you've been hearing it for years. It sounded absolutely ridiculous when it was first revealed...and there isn't a single damn person on this forum who didn't think so. Which means, to any outsider who is watching him for the first time and doesn't follow WWE or Ziggler himself, he sounds like a complete doofus. "Dolph Ziggler" isn't the name you want associated with being the World Heavyweight Champion of your company.

The way they pushed that name down out throats everytime with the handshake segments didn't help either.

The report has to be bullshit. Who in their right mind would blame Dolf for getting concussed from SWAGGER'S KICK? What if WWE doesn't want to get in trouble for lack of originality, since Dolf is a mix of Rick Rude, Billy Gunn, and Shawn Michaels?

Hmm.. the guy does get cougar pie off of mistaken identity. You're on to something.

I've said it before...Ziggler doesn't get pushed because he's a *censored*ing "yes" man. If you look at the shit he's agreed to do in the past, he's almost as bad as Sandow in regards to not saying no. Spirit Squad, segments with "Wolverine" and "Magneto", matches that involve musical instruments, having the name "Dolph Ziggler"...the dude clearly doesn't voice his opinion on anything. If he manned up and said "this is what I want, or I'm going to ask for my release", I'm sure he would be looked at more seriously. He is a valuable asset to the company. Vince knows he is. He's consistent in having solid matches with just about anyone. Releasing him wouldn't be a desirable outcome, so I'm sure Vince would be willing to hear him out if he would actually voice an opinion...

If he says "Give me what I want or I walk" WWE are going to let him walk, avoids paying off the contract and no man is bigger than the WWE.

I've accepted wrestling names a long time ago. (Wife-Beater, etc.). "Ziggler" never bothered me.

The wrestler makes the name, not vice versa.

Just like "The Undertaker" became on of the most iconic personas in pro-wrestling.

The Undertaker has an awesome name...he always did. "Dolph Ziggler" is a load of feces.

Dolph Ziggler is no worse than the Four Horsemen, The Fabulous Freebirds or The Big Show. Name-only, none of those guys sound like wrestlers but they all managed to be somewhat successful.

You ever see Big Show? Fatty looks *censored*ing dominant and scary. He's huge, has colossal strength, and is an effective monster.

The Four Horsemen were great at talking and great at wrestling. Did they look ridiculous in the ring? I dunno, but I doubt it. Unless it was severely ridiculous, they'd probably be successful regardless of hte name.

Dolf however looks like a joke. Blonde hair, swings his hips like Rick Rude/Val Venis, has a funny voice and bad mic skills, and he oversells. You could give him a badass name, and it wouldn't totally help him.

You ever see Big Show? Fatty looks *censored*ing dominant and scary. He's huge, has colossal strength, and is an effective monster.

The Four Horsemen were great at talking and great at wrestling. Did they look ridiculous in the ring? I dunno, but I doubt it. Unless it was severely ridiculous, they'd probably be successful regardless of hte name.

Dolf however looks like a joke. Blonde hair, swings his hips like Rick Rude/Val Venis, has a funny voice and bad mic skills, and he oversells. You could give him a badass name, and it wouldn't totally help him.

He barely oversells, he doesn't have bad mic skills (not good either though) and I suppose Cena voice cracks, Mister Perfect and Shawn Michaels never got anywhere either because they were too funny and joke looking/sounding, right?

How was Shawn Michaels joke-looking/sounding? He was small, but he showed how athletic he was. I dunno about Mr. Perfect, his finisher is crap. Cena's mic skills get on my nerves because he yells or some shit, but he got over as a rapper and was pushed by WWE because he worked hard.

Dolf oversells. Hopefully he doesn't do that ridiculous turnbuckle flip that Shawn does. His mic skills have not stood out in any way either. Like, I enjoy watching Dolf wrestle because of his athleticism (which combined with his look/build could have gotten him pushed and be over if he didn't get in trouble back int he early 90s), but I'm not gonna delude myself into believing things about him.

Plus, didn't Mr. Perfect have charisma and good mic skills? I dunno, I only saw one promo and it annoyed me because he was all "perfect perfect perfect." I think it was a Royal Rumble promo?

"Dolf however looks like a joke." "How was Shawn Michaels joke-looking/sounding?"

HOLY JESUS, GIVE ME PATIENCE AND GIVE M3J THE ABILITY TO CONNECT THE DOTS.

Dolph was over when he turned face, got pooped on, got more over against the Authority, got pooped on again, people still cheered for him despite being pooped on and under-presented. He's charismatic.

I've accepted wrestling names a long time ago. (Wife-Beater, etc.). "Ziggler" never bothered me.

The wrestler makes the name, not vice versa.

Just like "The Undertaker" became on of the most iconic personas in pro-wrestling.

The Undertaker has an awesome name...he always did. "Dolph Ziggler" is a load of feces.

Dolph Ziggler is no worse than the Four Horsemen, The Fabulous Freebirds or The Big Show. Name-only, none of those guys sound like wrestlers but they all managed to be somewhat successful.

WHAT? Four Horsemen is absolutely badass. It's a reference to the riders of the apocalypse. How could you even begin to tell me that a stable named the Four Horsemen is somehow on the same level as "Dolph Ziggler"? These are wrestling names. Undertaker, Four Horsemen, Freebirds...they're wrestling names. Dolph Ziggler is like a normal name, but it's such a bad name that it's more like one of those people who you laugh at...because their parents must have been high as *Censored*.

"Dolf however looks like a joke." "How was Shawn Michaels joke-looking/sounding?"

HOLY JESUS, GIVE ME PATIENCE AND GIVE M3J THE ABILITY TO CONNECT THE DOTS.

Dolph was over when he turned face, got pooped on, got more over against the Authority, got pooped on again, people still cheered for him despite being pooped on and under-presented. He's charismatic.

Don't need charisma for that, just overselling. Was he over when he was in Spirit Squad?

How was Shawn Michaels joke-looking/sounding? He was small, but he showed how athletic he was. I dunno about Mr. Perfect, his finisher is crap. Cena's mic skills get on my nerves because he yells or some shit, but he got over as a rapper and was pushed by WWE because he worked hard.

Dolf oversells. Hopefully he doesn't do that ridiculous turnbuckle flip that Shawn does. His mic skills have not stood out in any way either. Like, I enjoy watching Dolf wrestle because of his athleticism (which combined with his look/build could have gotten him pushed and be over if he didn't get in trouble back int he early 90s), but I'm not gonna delude myself into believing things about him.

Plus, didn't Mr. Perfect have charisma and good mic skills? I dunno, I only saw one promo and it annoyed me because he was all "perfect perfect perfect." I think it was a Royal Rumble promo?

This post had me dying. I don't know what it was but I just balled my eyes out.

Going back to his name thing Generations, Dolph Ziggler is a Swedish/Scandinavian. I think im right in saying that his grandfather was called Dolph and going with his blonde hair and blue eyes (I.E clearly having Swedish heritage) the name does make sense however goofy it sounds.

Dafuq? I thought his finisher was beast, especially when he did it to the heavier/bigger guys. I don't even get how his finisher comes into it anyway since you're talking about guys looking/sounding like a joke, especially as Mr Perfect was neither of those things, and even if he was, his finisher wouldn't be the cause of that.

You should really watch some of his other promo's instead of relying on just one as well. Good mic skills doesn't even begin to cover it.

Archived