TNA No Longer Allowing PPV Recording

iamthedoctor

There were issues with fans being able to order last night's pay-per-view through Time Warner.

On a related note, Time Warner reps told one fan that tried to record Slammiversary because he got home late that TNA no longer allows recording of their pay-per-view events.

Credit: PWInsider

Thats got to be the most stupidest thing TNA has ever done.

Wait, they mean like... ordering the PPV and then recording it at home? Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure they don't have the rights to do that with the way Pay Per Views works as of now. In case I am wrong here and they are able to do that - Say goodbye to a good chunk of buys.

why calling tna stupid this is a smart move it makes people have to buy the payperview instead of just going to youtube and other sites

No, it makes people who work, who go out or whatever pass on buying it because they aren't allowed to buy it and record the product for later viewing. If someone wants to watch it for free, they'll do that. You realize uploading it to sites for free viewing is illegal anyways? You think the pirates will now stop doing it just because the recording part isn't condoned anymore?

why calling tna stupid this is a smart move it makes people have to buy the payperview instead of just going to youtube and other sites

What has that got to do with paying to order a PPV and recording it for yourself.

Im suprised they are pulling this shit or do they want no one to watch their company.

What has that got to do with paying to order a PPV and recording it for yourself.

Im suprised they are pulling this shit or do they want no one to watch their company.

It really wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

I did a quick Google and Time Warner Cable does not allow you to record on Demand programs or PPV's. It was just this one guy that called about TNA and was told this. Of course they don't want to lose customers and they're gonna blame the company.

The report says it. The topic that we clicked on with the content we discuss. And whether it's a decision done by TNA or any sort of distribution partner is irrelevant to the fact that this is a stupid business move.

but calling tna stupid for it is idiotic when they have no control over it the whole topic it setup to bash tna for something they have no control over

Well TNA can kiss my royal canadian ass. Consider it a consolation prize for *censored*ing up everything good they manage to get going for themselves with braindead decisions.

To be fair during the early days of TNA they used to do promos with the wrestlers telling fans not to do a familar thing I vaguely remember it because they have families to feed.

I think it would be a good move to change the title of your topic cause some people still don't bother to read further and keep blaming TNA for this mess immediately after they read the title. :P

Archived