Kurt Angle To Announce Next TNA Hall of Fame Inductee At Slammiversary

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

Exactly 2 years ago today, June 10th, The Icon Sting was announced as the first inductee to the TNA Hall of Fame. The announcement was made at Slammiversary in Dallas, TX.

This Sunday marks TNAs first trip back to Dallas since then for Slammiversary XII and we have just learned that Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle, will announce the next inductee to the TNA Hall of Fame! Slammiversary has become the annual event where a new inductee is announced and, just last year, Kurt Angle became the second man in history to be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame.

Kurt Angle is one of the most impressive athletes in the history of wrestling, both professional and amateur. In TNA alone, Kurt is a record five-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion, two-time TNA World Tag Team Champion, one-time X-Division Champion and a former IWGP Heavyweight Champion. Still today, Kurt Angle is the ONLY Olympic Gold Medalist to compete inside a professional wrestling ring.

When you get to the level of being a Hall of Famer, it is the greatest feeling of honor. Youll go down in history as one of the all-time best, said Angle. In TNA, only one inductee is selected each year and so that is even more prestigious in my mind. Last year, I became the second inductee and I followed one of the greatest wrestlers to ever step inside a ring Sting. Getting to this level takes a lot: being a great athlete, being an exciting character, telling a great story and, above all else, being persistent and having real passion for this sport. You must love this business and put your heart and soul into it. If you do, great things will happen. So, I lift my hat to the next Hall of Famer to join our ranks because you are truly one of the greats."

Slammiversary is live on Pay-Per-View this Sunday and limited seating is available. For tickets,[click here], OR you can get more Slammiversary details [here].

tna has a hall of fame? they've only been alive for 12 years. I don't understand.

They induct one person (or tag team) a year. So far Sting in 2012, Kurt Angle last year and now Team 3D. Obviously they can't do like a handful a year like WWE, I think one a year is good.

I give up on TNA's Hall of Fame.I have nothing against the inductees, they desrve to be in...just not yet.

This is the basic truth of it. The people being inducted are mostly worthy of being inducted into the WWE HoF...which is a real thing that has a reason for existing. The TNA HoF is just...eh. Unnecessary.

Archived