WWE 2K15 Confirmed Information Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt CM Punk won't be in the game actually, dude's still signed

but putting him on the game may involve paying Punk. WWE at this point doesn't want to reward him.

And you know that...how?

How do you not? Its been all over the internet, mattel confirmed 2 punk figures announced in production have been cancelled "per request", and at live events his merchandise has either been heavily discounted or recently people have reported no punk merchandise available at all.

Sounds to me like they dont want to reward the guy!

but putting him on the game may involve paying Punk. WWE at this point doesn't want to reward him.

And you know that...how?

How do you not? Its been all over the internet, mattel confirmed 2 punk figures announced in production have been cancelled "per request", and at live events his merchandise has either been heavily discounted or recently people have reported no punk merchandise available at all.

it's not a reward. It's merchandise. That's is something normal for wrestlers to have.

And you know that...how?

it's not a reward. It's merchandise. That's is something normal for wrestlers to have.

How do you figure? Not selling his merchandise or discounting it means small profits/no profits for punk. He gets 5% of all his merchandise sold and that adds up.

I already posted this over in the E3 thread but figured I'd post it here too, just in case. So, for what it's worth, Jared (the "2K Community & Social Media Manager of WWE) posted this on the 2k forum:

[Note: This was originally going to be published tomorrow, but as GameInformer's article already contains much of this information, no point in keeping you all waiting!]

Hey all,

It's E3 week and we're down here in Los Angeles giving just a few lucky folks an early first look at our plans for WWE2K15. We'll have a lot more for you all down the road, but for today we'd like to share the first details of what you'll find when WWE2K15 launches this October.

The First Seven: Bray Wyatt, John Cena, Roman Reigns, Cesaro, Hulk Hogan, AJ Lee and Naomi are the first seven WWE Superstars to join the WWE2K15 roster. To celebrate, we have a special Bray Wyatt wallpaper for you to download, with more to come in the near future.

Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler Return: We're thrilled to have the voice of WWE, Michael Cole, return to the WWE2K15 broadcast team alongside Jerry "The King" Lawler. This is also the first time in franchise history that the duo has recorded their lines together, which will make for much more authentic and organic audio.

This is but a small taste of the overall WWE2K15 experience and we thank you all for both your enthusiasm and patience. The opportunities to advance authenticity and quality in all aspects of WWE2K15 -- as well as future titles -- are at the forefront of our plans and we can't wait to share them with you all.

Have a funny feeling Bray might be the coverboy, which I'm so okay with. I guess that confirms Naomi too then.

Edit: While browsing the forum, I found this from Jared as well. I wouldn't expect anything else about 2k15 to come out this week.

Sorry, but no further information tomorrow. This was all we were planning on saying this week, the Game Informer article simply bumped up our time frame.

And you know that...how?

How do you figure? Not selling his merchandise or discounting it means small profits/no profits for punk. He gets 5% of all his merchandise sold and that adds up.

Yeah, I know. Just like every other former WWE Wrestler, who doesn't have a merchandise contract.

Why do we still have just Cole and Lawler on commentary?-_-

Could be a 2K decision.

2k likes to have their own custom anounce team that is actually never seen/heard on TV(i know Cole and Lawler were THE actual broadcast duo but they have been a 3 man team for years now) for their games, so they can go all out and not be restricted by how it is supposed to go on TV, so they can just freeflow.

They do the same for the NBA series and it has the best commentary of any sports game on the market and has been that way for years now.

Why do we still have just Cole and Lawler on commentary?-_-

Could be a 2K decision.

2k likes to have their own custom anounce team that is actually never seen/heard on TV(i know Cole and Lawler were THE actual broadcast duo but they have been a 3 man team for years now) for their games, so they can go all out and not be restricted by how it is supposed to go on TV, so they can just freeflow.

They do the same for the NBA series and it has the best commentary of any sports game on the market and has been that way for years now.

Oh, alright. That's fair enough I guess, but it would be a bummer if commentary is still shit.

*Censored* it, I'm pumped for 2K15. :D

Lets just hope 2K gets the hype right this year and BUG. TESTS. THEIR. FUGGING. GAME.

Sorry, don't know what came over me there..

Archived