Outside Dives

ArmVD

One issue that I've noticed with this game is outside dives. There have been multiple times where I've knocked my opponent outside of the ring. I then try to run the ropes on the opposite side of the ring, like people would do in real life, and then use an outside dive, when I come back. However, every time I try this, the wrestler I'm controlling ends up just doing their standard running attack to the ropes or turnbuckle, as if the opponent was inside the ring. I've tried everything I can think of, from holding LB when pressing X to dive, to letting go of LT before pressing X, to holding both LB and LT when I press X. In past games, I've been able to do the run the ropes - into outside dive spot, with no problem. Do I just suck, or is this not possible to do in 2K14?

Its timing I do the same run to the opposite ropes then run back (more realistic feel) if you push it too soon you do a regular move it you to it too late you end up doing some generic slingshot body splash. (that your wrestler may not even have). I find right when you are about to the touch the ropes pushing it works 8/10 times.

Thanks. That helped. It worked in the match I just played, at least. I think one of the reasons it wasn't working was I was holding X, instead of just pressing it.

It's a pain in the ass on these newer games. I myself usually end-up with the attack button not registering and my guy bouncing off the ropes and heading back towards the middle etc.

I don't know if it's to do with targeting or camera issues or what, but all I know is that it worked flawlessly in the past.

Archived