Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avoiding Terminators Fatality because I want to see it as I play. I do kinda agree with AOL with Spawn being many MONTHS away Injustice and MKX didnt make us wait that long for the characters after announcing I believe, right?

didn't even think about that (the Cassie Quinn dialogue with Joker). I can't see her praising anybody though. If it's not something like "kiss my ass, Mr J", I don't see it happening

As for T 800, doesn't seem like an exciting guy to watch, but he looks outstanding. The flames peeling away the skin, especially during the fight, is heated, no pun intended. Would've been interesting to have a T 1000 that plays kinda Glacius-like

I liked the ending and he's fun to play as. I wish Netherrealm Studios and WB could use a ton of licenses and make a new fighting games with all guest characters

You mean something like the Terrordrome fighting game?

Yeah but not just horror characters and made my Netherrealm using Mortal Kombat gameplay and visuals

I liked the ending and he's fun to play as. I wish Netherrealm Studios and WB could use a ton of licenses and make a new fighting games with all guest characters

You mean something like the Terrordrome fighting game?

Yeah but not just horror characters and made my Netherrealm using Mortal Kombat gameplay and visuals

Yeah man, I'd love to see Al Bundy in a fighting game some day.

Unfortunately, a big game with a bunch of movie icons is not likely to ever happen, due to licensing fees and intellectual property rights. It's almost the same as wishing for a WWE vs NJPW game. The reason why we can have a handful of cameos in fighting games, is because it's a much more approachable business model to pitch working with one or two characters than it is to bring all those licenses together to build a game that doesn't yet exist. Mortal Kombat is an established franchise with a large fan base. Same goes for Smash Brothers. They can get some surprising IPs in the game, because it has such a huge fanbase, and the property owners see that there is profit to be made in allowing it. No one would lend their IPs to an untested new franchise that might be a flop...and the cost of making such a game would be astronomical. Instead of paying for one or two guest characters, you'd be paying for an entire roster. It would never make enough money in sales to warrant paying all the usage rights.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Dead by Daylight has as many IPs as it does. But, again...that's adding content one at a time, as the game grows and sees success. It didn't start with everyone that is currently in it. If you're talking about launching a game without a proven following, that would be tons of overhead.

Archived