Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

I've been burning through achievements and Krypt stuff pretty quickly now.

Kinda doubling down on what I already said...NetherRealm doesn't own anybody an "apology" patch/update or any free stuff. Part of the reason why I keep playing this game every single day, is because there is a ton of stuff to unlock. If I already unlocked it all, I'd be playing something else, probably. It's like...they found the magic formula that actually gives fighting games replay value, and people complain about it.

Also, one of the biggest complaints seems to be that there are 60 skins for each character, and most of them are "too hard" or "too time consuming" to bother unlocking. I personally think that's great. It teaches people that you don't need everything, and can't always have everything. Enjoy the skins that you have personally unlocked, keep trying to get new ones...but accept that you'll probably never have them all. Accept that you don't need them all (because, you really don't). It's kinda like if people complained about there being too many spirits in Smash. You really shouldn't want/need/or expect to have all of them.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the PC and PS4 patch went live yesterday, and I believe the Xbox one is supposed to go live in about 15 minutes.

- Got the update on my Xbox. towers are improved...but I didn't get the free gift of koins, souls, and hearts. Even powered the system down fully, restarted a few times, checked my notifications in-game, etc. Hopefully that stuff appears later tonight when I check again. I may have said that they don't owe us anything...but it doesn't mean I still don't want it. :lol:

Just saw some MK X footage and man, it looks shit on hindsight compared to MX 11 lol

I somewhat agree. I like the new character models for everyone except Jax. His MKX face model was perfect for him in my opinion. I also really like the new voice for Shao Kahn. I was not a fan of whoever voiced him in MK9.

Not sure why there's such a disconnect between people on this game. I've enjoyed the whole damn thing.

Story was fun. Krypt has been fine...other features...also fine. Did people forget how to play games? Seriously...think I've played this for about 15 hours, have a gamerscore of 750/1000...and no negative remarks to make. I'll be done with it soon...so maybe I could complain that it's short? But, yeah...I'll probably 1000G by 35 hours...and I haven't had a bad time for five minutes.

I'm not having too much fun with the story, but that's mainly my fault for not paying attention to some cutscenes and now I have no clue what's going on. :lol:

Ok trying to do 50 Fatalities on Cetrion to get her head to then create her amulet, to use in the Krypt. Already got Cronika's and I did the glitch for Shinnok, normally you'd have to buy a 10K Soul thing to get it but at the wheel where you place it in, there is a regular 100 Soul item, just line up to where it says locked, spam X, or A for Xbox and they'll put it in. That will save you 10K Souls, trust me.

Ok trying to do 50 Fatalities on Cetrion to get her head to then create her amulet, to use in the Krypt. Already got Cronika's and I did the glitch for Shinnok, normally you'd have to buy a 10K Soul thing to get it but at the wheel where you place it in, there is a regular 100 Soul item, just line up to where it says locked, spam X, or A for Xbox and they'll put it in. That will save you 10K Souls, trust me.

Hmm...I'll try this. I know that they patched the head glitch though. Read about that while I was out one day...came home and it was already patched out. :lol:

So...I think Kabal has the grossest fatalities in this game. The crunching noises of teeth as he rips the opponents head in half never fails to make me cringe. Lol.

Hmm...I'll try this. I know that they patched the head glitch though. Read about that while I was out one day...came home and it was already patched out. :lol:

So...I think Kabal has the grossest fatalities in this game. The crunching noises of teeth as he rips the opponents head in half never fails to make me cringe. Lol.

I'm not gonna 100% the Krypt for AWHILE not only do you need 50 Fatalities on Cetrion to get her head to make into her Amulet. You need to do 50 Fatalities ON EVERYONE to get their head to put on a spike in there character location chest. Sigh. Been kicking ass on AI battle mode, just select my team of Noob, Sonya, and I have multiple the last like Shao Kahn, Baraka, Johnny Cage, or Eron Black. Been getting skins doing that. And it helps unlock slots for augments

I'm not gonna 100% the Krypt for AWHILE not only do you need 50 Fatalities on Cetrion to get her head to make into her Amulet. You need to do 50 Fatalities ON EVERYONE to get their head to put on a spike in there character location chest. Sigh.

This actually goes pretty fast if you let the AI play towers (hitting X on Xbox or O on PS4). Gotta figure...you get a bunch of characters in each tower...and the AI almost always does a fatality. So...you sim 50 something towers, and you're already unlocking most of the heads. I literally just went after Cetrion to get her head. I buckled myself in for a long haul, but I only had to play about ten more battles to get her. And like I said...the others are gonna start rolling in naturally now, and mostly all at the same time. Those chests were built for longevity of the game...but, unfortunately, people just want everything instantly...so we end up spamming AI battles. :lol: It works though. Like I said...the head will all end up coming at the same general time if you do a fatality after every fight in the towers. It's a natural process, tbh.

I could be wrong (since I haven't checked myself), but I believe the number fatalities you have to perform to get severed heads has been reduced to a lower number (I heard 25 at most).

I'm not sure about this. Is it possible to patch out achievements? I thought those were locked. Since there's an achievement for collecting a severed head, I would imagine it's locked at 50. No?

By the end of the night, my gamerscore on this should be 920 (after completing the Master of Time achievement for 50G). I'm fairly sure I can finish that pretty quickly. Then I'll just have 50 kasual fights, unlock 5 victories, do a team fight with two other players, and complete all strategy tutorials.

Probably dreading the tutorials the most...just because I get really frustrated doing the same thing over and over again...and I'm really bad at chaining super long commands. Some of these are like 15 inputs in a row without messing up. I hate it. But, I do think I can get it eventually. I've been chipping away at it so as not to get completely pissed off. I like that you can just do one lesson and it saves the progress. Would never get it if you had to sit and do a full set at once. :lol:

Also, not looking forward to 50 kasual matches...just because I'm not an online kind of guy. I fully expect to lose 49/50 times (probably to Noob Saibot). Lol. Wish the number was more like 25...or even 10.

Just got to work on Xbox. Awesome. Finally got to take advantage of something before it got patched out. :lol:

825/1000G now. Just a few more achievements to go...

YO IT WORKS FOR THE OTHER AMULET TOO. I just did it

Wait...I just thought about something. When the DLC characters come out...are they all going to have 60 variant attires and a bunch of kustomization parts like the in-game characters? Because...if we get the rumored characters, then...yes please (especially alts for Spawn).

Yeah, that glitch works for a lot of things in the krypt, apparently...but it's not really worth my time, tbh. I hate standing there and trying to find the sweet spot for it to work. Happy to use it for the absurd 10,000 souls...but I already got Cetrion's head on my own...and I don't really need to use it for anything else. Still...great that it exists.

Anyway...Kabal has unexpectedly become my main in this. I've been using one of his human skins where he looks like a normal dude, and he's just a badass. I wasn't big on his look to begin with, since he was in his relevant form or whatever. But, yeah...as soon as I unlocked some normal skins, I said "this is my dude". He's also great for doing the brutalities if you don't feel like doing them yourself. His AI will do brutalities about half the time for whatever reason. But, yeah...I use him a lot. Both as a player and as cpu.

And shortly after I posted this, I unlocked a mask for Kabal that makes him look like a T-800...and now he's even *censored*ing cooler. Lol.

Archived