Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I didn't ask for Leatherface"

Um.. okay? I'm sure if theres a Kombat Pack 3 Ed Boon will hit up who ever is complaining & ask permission on his DLC plans. I'm sure Jason/Predator sold more then Tanya/Tremor, at the end of the day it's a business and it's been shown that guest characters have sold more then characters only hardcore MK fans have heard of.

And to anyone saying he doesn't fit in the Universe, Mortal Kombat has everything from Gods to Movie Stars. But, a crazed man with a chainsaw who wears human faces doesn't? lol... okay.

Um.. okay? I'm sure if theres a Kombat Pack 3 Ed Boon will hit up who ever is complaining & ask permission on his DLC plans. I'm sure Jason/Predator sold more then Tanya/Tremor, at the end of the day it's a business and it's been shown that guest characters have sold more then characters only hardcore MK fans have heard of.

And to anyone saying he doesn't fit in the Universe, Mortal Kombat has everything from Gods to Movie Stars. But, a crazed man with a chainsaw who wears human faces doesn't? lol... okay.

and we even got DC Universe vs MK Universe.

seriously, can we not have fun with games anymore without people crying that someone doesn't 'belong'? its Mortal Kombat ffs, have a little fun with a different mix of FICTITIOUS characters.

I'm not saying he doesn't fit, I'm just saying that I didn't expect or ask for him to be in the game. I'm gonna buy the pack regardless as I did the previous one. It's just weird to see him in the game. I don't know how he's going to incorporate moves/combos into Leatherface's style.

horror movie icons like Freddy, Jason, Leatherface in Mortal Kombat is good thing. putting in characters like them in the game will draw horror movie fans that may not play MK will see them and go "NO *censored*ING WAY, i have to get that game now" which will do 2 things. 1, bring in a bigger revenue for the MK game/franchise, and 2, all the positive feedback from those horror characters will cause game developers to go,"oh, maybe we should make a stand alone game with all those horror legends". cause horror fans have been asking for one for a long time.

I have no problem with horror movie guest characters being in, my problem is with Bo Rai Cho from MKDA. Isn't this the MK4 storyline being redone? I feel that they should've at least brought back Reiko and added him to the pack instead, he was the war general of Shao Kahn's army. It was cool to see Deadly Alliance characters in the story, but I don't like Bo Rai Cho so I will never use him. (Probably will only once)

Guess I need to start reading the comics to figure out what happened with him, and I still don't know what these "Reiko accords" are.

I honestly think age is a major factor in this. There's literally no horror icons anymore and the ones from the past are no where near as big as they were in the 70's-90's. I wasn't alive when most of these movies came out. But, my family has always been BIG into horror movies, so I was watching them for a good part of my life. So when you say I could be using these horror characters in a fighting game against other bad ass characters? Hell yeah, sign me up!

I'll disagree about there not being any icons for this generation. We do have Billy the puppet and Jigsaw from Saw. If I wasn't currently brain dead from work, I could probably think of some more up. And now I'm kind of liking the idea of Jigsaw being in Mortal Kombat. Specials would just be traps going off, I think they would look nice. And I'm meaning the hooded pig head mask Jigsaw since there was more than one person under it.

Norman Bates could be considered a new icon with his young self in the Bates motel TV show. And maybe some characters from American Horror Story. Castiel from Supernatural since it branches to horror.

I'll disagree about there not being any icons for this generation. We do have Billy the puppet and Jigsaw from Saw. If I wasn't currently brain dead from work, I could probably think of some more up. And now I'm kind of liking the idea of Jigsaw being in Mortal Kombat. Specials would just be traps going off, I think they would look nice. And I'm meaning the hooded pig head mask Jigsaw since there was more than one person under it.

Norman Bates could be considered a new icon with his young self in the Bates motel TV show. And maybe some characters from American Horror Story. Castiel from Supernatural since it branches to horror.

They're certainly recognizable, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they're iconic. It's too soon to consider any of those characters iconic. They need to prove that they can actually stand the test of time first. Personally, I can't imagine any of those characters being considered very memorable, 20-30 years from now (at least in comparison to Jason, Predator and the like).

There is one I can say is iconic but none of us have ever seen him. The invisible entity known as Toby. He's the antagonist of the Paranormal Activity films, and where as we can agree those films are terrible, we can't deny they are on the same path as Friday the 13th. Didn't the 8th film come out this year? But as I said, invisible character. What would they do to work around that.

I'd love for Beetlejuice to be in this.

Enough with horror movie characters, let's get some action movie guys in here. How about John Maclain from Die Hard or Chong Li from Bloodsport?

Snake Plisskin

Clint Eastwood's character from the 'Man With No Name' trilogy

has Bruce Lee ever been in MK?

• 1 month later...

I'm definitely maining Triborg, especially the Smoke variation. Cyber Smoke was my favorite character in UMK3 and I liked him in Deception as Noob-Smoke. Glad to have Sektor back as well. I would have mained him in MK9 if I had the game.

Bo Rai Cho looks really good.

Alien is okay. Cool that he has Baraka's moves.

Leatherface is meh. Reminded me too much of Jason as well. Two shitty characters in my opinion. Alien and Predator would have been adequate for guest characters.

I'm excited for Apocalypse Takeda and the Pit stage.

Not sure if I'll even get this content. It's cool, no doubt...but it's been so long that there has been nothing to keep me playing this game...and now I don't know how to play it worth a shit. Going back into it just for these characters almost feels like a blatant waste of money...(unless they're included in the season pass).

Archived