Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to go into the lab to see the damage done and I have to time it way faster than I usually did to connect my teleport combos with it now. It sucks, but it hit Hellfire the most because of the Fireball cancels it allowed before the patch. Ninjutsu got MASSIVE buffs, which makes it a lot better now and I'll have to start experimenting with that one too again. I can hit 114 cancels just fine, but 214 is a string a lot of Scorpion players (like myself) use in BnB's and universally affects all of his variations.

I don't know why they keep nerfing EB lol. It is literally ONLY SonicFox having real success with him. And the Scorpion nerf didn't even hurt him lol, he didn't lose like any damage it's jsut a slightly different combo.

And Reptile buffs were *censored*ing useless lol. They just gave all of his worthless strings slightly more damage. They didn't actually change anything. All of his weaknesses are still there and he's not any better at the stuff he already was good at.

Played MKX at my cousin's house a few times. Thought about buying it but have decided not to. Sure the game is awesome but until all (or at least some) of my favorite characters return as DLC, I can't see myself getting it. Not the biggest fan of the new characters... although I do think D'Vorah and Erron Black are pretty badass! Until then, I'll stick with UMK3, MK9 and Armageddon.

Pyromancer Tanya is broken lol. And they buffed it. gg NRS

Yeah, I was watching Sonicfox play with her and the amount she can *censored*ing do with not just that variation but ALL of them is *censored*ing ridiculous. They won't do anything about that but yet continue to nerf Erron and not fix Sub at all, wtf?

They want to make DLC characters top tier so everyone buys them. It's bullshit though. Maybe with SonicFox being even more dominant with Tanya than with Erron they'll realize it wasn't the character that was really *censored*ing good, it was just him. And when he picks an actual top 3 character he flawlesses Tyrant lol.

I wouldn't say the same thing for Jason, though. He is viable in tournaments but he definitely isn't S or A tier for me. Mid B tier is where I'd have him because of how slow some of his attacks are, him being unsafe, and his combos being very easy to predict. His damage and projectile in Slasher make him very *censored*ing good though.

It seems some of you are quite good at these games, well I have some questions for you.

Does skill outweigh the tier of a character? And does the tier system inflate the use of certain characters in general (I.e most players using only Scorpion and S tier fighters online in MK9).

It seems some of you are quite good at these games, well I have some questions for you.

Does skill outweigh the tier of a character? And does the tier system inflate the use of certain characters in general (I.e most players using only Scorpion and S tier fighters online in MK9).

No matter how low tier a character is, skill will ALWAYS outweigh the tier of a character. You could be always playing an S tier character but when someone knows what they're doing with a lower tier character, you're *censored*ed. Tier systems just generally show who's good in a tournament fighting scene and who's the most viable, it doesn't really mean the character is truly asscheeks. You will always find people using S tier and the most popular characters online though because of that, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're the best with them.

I would go ahead and say that there is no low tier in this game, especially after the latest patch. Kitana and Goro were the only candidates for that placement before they were buffed. This game is well-balanced, although arguably some nerfs could be considered unnecessary.

First thing is that there is no unviable character in this game. There are top tiers, but there aren't really any bad characters. Next thing is that in fighting games, the tiers don't really actually start to matter too much until you get to high level competition, so unless you plan on competing in nationals, you can play anyone you want and do fine online and with friends.

And a side note, Bone Shaper Shinnok is really good, I've been telling people lol. Still lost to Tanya but eh, she needs a little nerf.

tanyawinslol

I don't think I'll ever support Reo. I can understand playing to win but jesus, that guy is, no offense, a tier whore. There's a difference between picking a super viable character and simply going for the character that's trending.

One, he's not a tier whore. He played Erron Black since pre-launch lol. And he picked up Tanya as soon as she was released like every other pro. And I don't know why people act like tier whoring is a bad thing anyways, he is playing to win serious amounts of money why wouldn't he play the character that gives him the best chance? If anything character loyalty is bullshit imo.

And 3 Tanyas and a Tempest Lao in top 4, shocker.

One, he's not a tier whore. He played Erron Black since pre-launch lol. And he picked up Tanya as soon as she was released like every other pro. And I don't know why people act like tier whoring is a bad thing anyways, he is playing to win serious amounts of money why wouldn't he play the character that gives him the best chance? If anything character loyalty is bullshit imo.

And 3 Tanyas and a Tempest Lao in top 4, shocker.

Yeah, well, I kind of vented there. It's reasonable why people pick would the absolute best characters but at the same time, I have an innate desire to watch an exciting match. Be hyped. Reo's style of playing is extremely anti-hype but then again, this is a tournament, not an entertainment medium. Who are the spectators for demanding how the tournament should be conducted?

This could potentially end up getting a worse treatment at Evo than Injustice at Evo 2013. People are counting the *censored*ing teleports. This is surreal.

The Grand Final was fairly exciting. I like how the tournament ended with that fatality on Tanya and the still of her mutilated body... almost made up for the trainwreck that the top 8 was. I wonder what Ed Boon was thinking while the crowd were booing Tanya and counting her teleports. Reptile in a grand final and winning against Kung Lao was genuinely surreal to watch.

Spooky calling PerfectLegend out on chat for ducking was awesome.

Archived