Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

Who would have thought 5 years ago that Mortal Kombat would have made such a comeback and be so much more badass than the Streetfighter franchise. I like SF 4, but the characters look too goofy to be taken seriously and look more like they were taken straight from a Saturday morning cartoon.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if this crossover Boon has been hinting is MK including a bunch of characters from different movies and games that would fit in the game. Or MK X SF. Probably just in ny head and isnt happening, but what if NRS and Capcom worked together to include some characters from Capcoms library. Dante from DMC, Wesker of RE, Strider, and Morrigan would be my main picks to place into the game.

I highly doubt we'd ever get our dream game of Mortal Kombat X Street Fighter. They're just too different and the styles clash way too much to the point where to make the game happen, you'd have to basically change a lot of the things fans of both series know and love.

Capcom was able to turn Tekken fighters in Street Fighter ones pretty decently. Yes, that game wasnt the best, but it was a better game then MvC3 in my opinion. SF may be going for a more cartoonish appearance with its fights while going over the top where as MK wants to go super realistic with its brutality, but with different versions of SFs Ryu(Evil Ryu) and Akuma(Oni), or just bring in someone who could just fit like Alex possibly. And in vice versa, Scorpion, Subzero, Sonya, and Johnny Cage put into the SF X MK version. Cage would make that game amazing. C age vs Makoto in a battle of best crouch shots FTW!

The only problem I have with crossovers is they balance the game in terms of style. too neutral. look at mortal kombat vs DC. no gruesome fatalities. I'm too worried about the same with other franchises. no one can really run with MK. maybe killer instinct like Luis said.

The absence of fatalities in MK vs DCU was not the main reason that made the game bad. Honestly, I could still play it today if offered a match and with the success of Injustice and MK9, Im glad that game was made because it showed what MK and DC fans would really want to see in an amazing fighting game featuring those characters.

The only problem I have with crossovers is they balance the game in terms of style. too neutral. look at mortal kombat vs DC. no gruesome fatalities. I'm too worried about the same with other franchises. no one can really run with MK. maybe killer instinct like Luis said.

If the game included weapons again I think it would be a cool crossover to have them face off against Samurai Showdown characters, like they went back in time or something. Doubt many people in here know about the SS series though.

What about multiple fighting styles as in Deadly Alliance. Almosg everyone had two styles and then a weapon style. Id be fine if it was just one regular and one weapon style.And with Boon saying that the past versions of MK characters will be playable, along with all the classic skins MK9 had, I can see the outfits from Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armageddon, and 9 coming in.

The gameplay video from last night showed what I was suspecting and the fatalities did seem to be more gruesome, which I have no problem with. During the fatalities part, you could see two more new characters, one of which looks like a Lin Kuei warrior. He had a white face mask.

The gameplay video from last night showed what I was suspecting and the fatalities did seem to be more gruesome, which I have no problem with. During the fatalities part, you could see two more new characters, one of which looks like a Lin Kuei warrior. He had a white face mask.

That's Sub-Zero, his mask turned to ice for some reason, u can notice this when he's fighting Scorpion.

Mmm, I dont believe that it was Sub-Zero. Unless both are going to be in it. I tried to see if the mask turning to ice is what happened with Scorpion but didnt see it.

I kinda really want Skarlet and Rain to return.

Nvm, I finally saw it. Also, did anyone else notice Scorpion charging up?

That game play video was simply awesome. Graphics looked well and good, and the fatalities looked brutal, which makes them awesome. As far as characters are concerned, I'd be happy if they just used the MK9 one again and threw some new people in there personally, maybe take some out of the MK9 roster for a few more.

I was wondering how they could top the *censored*ing brutal fatalities from MK9 and I already think they're doing a great job.

I don't know if Kung Lao is gonna be in this game if it's following the story from MK9 but as long as Kenshi is still in I'll have someone to main. I don't mind trying out new people though

Archived