Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

Yup, Cassie Cage is gonna be one of my mains.

Question, does anyone else here decide who they will mostly play as and get good with by just hearing their name and/or looking at then from a character select screen? I do that with a lot of fighting games with exclusions like Skullgirls. I already had a feeling Id be using Cassie, but in the past, it was like, yup Im using Smoke, or yup Im playing as King without seeing how they play first.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ermac or go home Boone. Whooped with him last game. If not, not sure who I'll run

I'm sure he will be succeeded by a less cool, more lame distant relative of his. Maybe it'll be a teenage girl. How does the name Tiffany Ermac sound?

The salt is real lmao

Yup, Cassie Cage is gonna be one of my mains.

Question, does anyone else here decide who they will mostly play as and get good with by just hearing their name and/or looking at then from a character select screen? I do that with a lot of fighting games with exclusions like Skullgirls. I already had a feeling Id be using Cassie, but in the past, it was like, yup Im using Smoke, or yup Im playing as King without seeing how they play first.

I usually use every character in training mode and go from there, In MK9 I mainly used Smoke because I could control him really well. I absolutely hated his design, and despised his Fatalities as well.

I didn't have a main in MK9. Well, I can't remember if I had one or not...I think I used Smoke a lot, but I literally haven't played it since 2012.

Anyway, I'm actually trying to avoid a lot of the gameplay for now, until after Monday night (I'm going to an event which has the EB Games staff playing the best stuff of E3 on a cinema screen). I also don't know what I think about the new characters yet.

I still have ton of fatalities to unlock in MK9, but a few of my favorites that I've seen are Noobs where he splits into two guys and pulls his opponent apart, Shang Tsungs where he turns into a clown and shoots you, and even though I wasn't a fan of his character, I thought Strykers were he tazes you and then shoots you was pretty cool.

How many more descendants does everyone think will be in the game? What characters do yiu want to see descendants of? Id like to see a Reptile successor(unlike Scorpion's case of being the only person left of his clan, Reptile's race is all wiped out except for female Khameleon)

I like the fact they're doing the future thing and introducing new characters, keeping the game fresh but I would like to see classic characters as well as new ones from their respective families like they did with Cassie Cage. Kotal Kahn I HOPE is a descendant of Shao Kahn, but that's not confirmed.

I just saw the fatalities gameplay, holy shit that's so gruesome and badass. I LOVE how dark they went with them. It keeps me pumped for the new game.

Capcom should be embarrassed at how MK is now in it's 10th different game and Street Fighter is still stuck on #4. And I ain't buying into the Ultra SF hype either. Until SF can evolve storyline wise Mortal Kombat will be a better franchise for me.

This. Street Fighter is a super iconic game with a huge following, yet they can't seem to move forward. Mortal Kombat really has the edge especially if 10 is anything as good as 9

Im going to have to disagree about what you said of Street Fighter. They may be only on the fourth game of the main Street Fighter series, but they have a huge amount of games that either werent continued or were just touchups to a game already release because of their money grubbing. Inwhich fifteen dollars to get all the touch ups isnt bad in ky opinion.

God damn, I just won a match of test your luck with the psychosis stipulation put on while im drunk against a friend. That was an extreme match to win O.o

Im going to have to disagree about what you said of Street Fighter. They may be only on the fourth game of the main Street Fighter series, but they have a huge amount of games that either werent continued or were just touchups to a game already release because of their money grubbing. Inwhich fifteen dollars to get all the touch ups isnt bad in ky opinion.

God damn, I just won a match of test your luck with the psychosis stipulation put on while im drunk against a friend. That was an extreme match to win O.o

I'm not saying that it's not a good deal. I'm just saying that the SF franchise has stalled as far as progression goes. Look at all the mainstay characters like Ken, Ryu, and Guile for example. They have the same exact look they had from 20+ years ago. During that same span, the MK cast has changed pretty drastically at least in terms of appearance. Most importantly though, the storyline has been very uneventful in the SF world.It was the same thing from SF1, Alpha, and SF2. In SF3 it changed with Gill and the whole illuminati thing, but then what kills me is that they made SF4 to take place between 2 and 3. That killed any progression in the storyline in my opinion.

Archived