Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gear system is a cute gimmick for Injustice 2 and MK 11 but I really hope it's not a long term thing. MK X did well with alternates, klassics and original/themed costumes.

At the very least do a ton of gear but let us be able to customize the coloring for any gear item. Really hate finally unlocking gear/skins I like but having them be random color schemed

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, a big game with a bunch of movie icons is not likely to ever happen, due to licensing fees and intellectual property rights. It's almost the same as wishing for a WWE vs NJPW game. The reason why we can have a handful of cameos in fighting games, is because it's a much more approachable business model to pitch working with one or two characters than it is to bring all those licenses together to build a game that doesn't yet exist. Mortal Kombat is an established franchise with a large fan base. Same goes for Smash Brothers. They can get some surprising IPs in the game, because it has such a huge fanbase, and the property owners see that there is profit to be made in allowing it. No one would lend their IPs to an untested new franchise that might be a flop...and the cost of making such a game would be astronomical. Instead of paying for one or two guest characters, you'd be paying for an entire roster. It would never make enough money in sales to warrant paying all the usage rights.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Dead by Daylight has as many IPs as it does. But, again...that's adding content one at a time, as the game grows and sees success. It didn't start with everyone that is currently in it. If you're talking about launching a game without a proven following, that would be tons of overhead.

I'd actually wish they would do a GOT version of this game

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Shades of Cool

I kinda feel like I should get MK11. I'm not super into all the guts kind of stuff or anything, but the game looks like a lot of fun. Any opinions would be great.

I kinda feel like I should get MK11. I'm not super into all the guts kind of stuff or anything, but the game looks like a lot of fun. Any opinions would be great.

I don't know who you are...how would I know if you'd like the game? :lol:

I like the game.

If you want s stranger's opinion on the internet...then get it.

Have you ever played one of the other 10+ Mortal Kombat games? Lol.

I'm not sure how to respond to this either. If you're into fighting games, then I'd say definitely get it. But If you're squeamish about over exaggerated gore then don't, I guess?

Guest Shades of Cool

I don't know who you are...how would I know if you'd like the game? :lol:

I like the game.

If you want s stranger's opinion on the internet...then get it.

Have you ever played one of the other 10+ Mortal Kombat games? Lol.

Hahaha maybe you knew me as Smackdown Liv.

Nope. I've never played a Mortal Kombat game before, though I do love the Injustice games.

I'm not sure how to respond to this either. If you're into fighting games, then I'd say definitely get it. But If you're squeamish about over exaggerated gore then don't, I guess?

I'm definitely into fighting games, so that's the plus. I'm not the hugest fan of gore per say, but I'm also not overly squeamish about it either.

As someone who hasn't played an MK since 9 nor any Injustice game, I say get it.

The gore at this point is so stylised it's damn near an art form. There's nothing else I could think of that makes me cringe and grin at the same time. Gameplay seems great (for however worth a non-hands on opinion on that would be), far less creativity and combo potential than X but many can overlook that. Story mode was really good. There's tons of unlockables so it keeps you busy for awhile. Plus if they can pull off Spawn, he might be the greatest guest inclusion in fighting game history.

If I was still into fighters this would definitely be on my list. Regardless it's a great game to watch so I still do that. Never played an MK before though? Damn. For a,fighting fan that's unheard of as many non-gamers have at least played 1 or 2. Hell now is as good a time as any especially if you dig Injustice

One thing I hate about Injustice 2, is if you delete it off your console. It supposedly wipes all your gear away. Hince why I havent deleted it because maybe one day I'll return. Mostly when Injustice 3 is announced

Ok...but what does that have to do with him getting MK11? Lol.

Sorry if it came off random lol. Was just pointing out a downside to Injustice 2 if they ever want to delete it later on

I've been eyeing MK11 as well. It's constantly on sale, right now as a matter of fact it's $23 I believe for the standard ed. I'm not in a rush though and I feel that some day, maybe even in the next few months the price for it will drop drastically and will one day be avaialble for dirt cheap like MKX was. I think I got MKXL for like $10 on cdkeys about a year and a half after it came out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived