Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That bitch Mileena can suck my *censored*ing diiick! So goddamn OP!

I don't even think she's that OP. She's a good, but not great character. Her specials (mainly roll and telekick) are unsafe on block and some of her combos/openings are laggy and don't have a great reach unless it's her F343 or F344 combo (but these are VERY laggy and easy to read). Most of opening up with her specials rely on her roll and telekick and are punishable on block/whiff.

If I have a complaint about a character, it's *censored*ing D'vorah. Now she's annoying and OP to me. Her range is so *censored*ing ridiculous and she's so fast, it's hard for me to read her at all. I know some of her strings are unsafe from what I've seen in competitive play and breakdown videos of her, but I still find her hard to read and I constantly fall for her launch special (the pool of bugs) all the damn time. Not to mention her footsies and lows have so much reach, it's hard for me to get close to her and I'm a horrible zoner, so it's difficult for me to get a hit on her.

Mileena is pretty average. D'Vorah is good but gets shit on by projectiles and has very very few safe options. And her launcher is so slow you literally have time to jump out of it in the start up, even out of a block string.

How balanced do you think the roster is? Do tier lists matter?

If we compare the roster to comic book adaptations, is it like Marvel or DC (DC signifying a large gap between the strongest and weakest films)?

Tier lists matter, but not in the way people would want them to when they make them. I think you can definitely have characters that are easy to play, but a good player will play their main better than an average player will play a top tier all the time, and usually on par with most top players at top tier characters barring matchup

How balanced do you think the roster is? Do tier lists matter?

If we compare the roster to comic book adaptations, is it like Marvel or DC (DC signifying a large gap between the strongest and weakest films)?

I think the roster is fine right now since the game is still very new and they're figuring out who is and isn't actually viable right now. Every character is beatable regardless of how strong each is. There are 24 characters not counting the DLC, with 3 variations each, so that's over 70+ single characters they have to figure out to make an actual tier list.

In a sort, it does and doesn't. It shows who is viable or isn't, but at the same time, I have seen lower tier characters place high in tournaments because people know how to use them (like Olimar and Dong in Smash), so it basically puts a tier list to shame when it happens.

You never know with fighting games sometimes.

Bought the skin pack with the cold war outfits. While I think it's BS that we should have to pay additional money even after paying $30 for the kombat pack, I couldn't resist that badass Sub Zero with the rebreather. Seriously tho...after paying $30, everything should be free. $30 just for four new characters and a handful of skins is bogus.

It isn't really worth it. I'm just waiting on the MKX Komplete Edition if they do release it. Would get everything at half the price or something.

Oh, it's not worth it at all...but they know that people like me can't resist an awesome looking Sub Zero skin, so I'll pay $5 goddamn dollars for three skins, two of which I don't even care about.

They put an MK3 Premier Tower up. Apparently there are 2 secret fights and I'm not sure how to get them.

EDIT: Oh wow, there's a secret fight after the third fight. All you have to do is get three finishes. I did three brutalities with no flawless victories. It's Mileena and she shit on me. *Censored*.

I started practicing my A List Johnny Cage and his brutalities. Love his bloodspurt and how its a reference to his Jean Claude origins.

Tried the invasion boss today for first time. I did not enjoy that at all. The four attempts after were all the same too.

I can't find the Kold War outfits for anyone

Im surprised that I like A List because I never took to charge characters in the past. I learned how to play with M. Bison in SSFIV but that was just to test myself and I would not claim to know how to play well with him. Same goes for cancelling, but with Cage im letting myself learn and enjoying the style. Theres only his Rising Kick and his ?,?,? combo I need to practice the charge on.

Johnny Cage isn't as easy to learn as he was in MK9 in this version. He's a bit harder to play and is someone you have to keep playing as to learn. He is fun to play with, but I can't maximize his options because I don't know him or play him enough. I do think his best variation is Stunt Double, though. That gives him range and a new special that allows him to open up for combos.

Archived