Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend sent me a tower challenge and I beat the shit out of it. Got the achievement for that. I re-sent him the same one he sent me after I beat it, and got the achievement for sending a challenge too. Also did some of the more random achievements...like the Hari Kiri one with Kotal Khan, the one for winning by time out, etc.

I got the X-Ray moves one too...but not the fatality one. Need to figure out who I haven't done a fatality with during normal gameplay. Which is going to be hard...because the first thing I did when I got the game, was check out all of the fatalities in practice mode. So, I've seen them all done...hence, there aren't any characters that I specifically remember not performing a fatality for in an actual match...

Anyway, I just feel happy as hell that this game is still delivering. Every time I play it, I think "well...it had a good run, but I'm bound to grow tired of it today". And every day, it keeps giving me more and more reason to keep playing. Literally the first fighting game EVER that I can say that about.

General tips not to suck? Especially concerning Kombos and distancing. I can land a decent combo occasionally but when I try to get close to the enemy, he destroys me.

What everyone else said, but also, don't focus too much on trying to land combos and focus on your neutral game. Neutral's basically trying to get the upper hand while you and your opponent aren't doing much in a neutral stance. Try a jump in attack, do simple crouching attacks and overheads to allow yourself to open up into your combos and specials. If your opponent blocks too much, grab him too. Grab beats blocking.

General tips not to suck? Especially concerning Kombos and distancing. I can land a decent combo occasionally but when I try to get close to the enemy, he destroys me.

What everyone else said, but also, don't focus too much on trying to land combos and focus on your neutral game. Neutral's basically trying to get the upper hand while you and your opponent aren't doing much in a neutral stance. Try a jump in attack, do simple crouching attacks and overheads to allow yourself to open up into your combos and specials. If your opponent blocks too much, grab him too. Grab beats blocking.

Don't underestimate using the environment either. The launch pads are some of the most effective ways to get directly behind an opponent, or to put distance between you. And the attack elements, like the torches or tree limbs can take an opponent by surprise if they aren't paying attention to where you're standing.

Thanks for the tips, people. I'm glad to see that in this game, victory is not solely reliant on strings of combos or special combos but also influenced by set ups and strategy. This is one fighting game whose fighting mechanics I actually spend time experimenting with in the lab.

Level 65 and Kustom Kombat modifiers is all I have left for the Platinum.

Jesus. How much do you play? Aren't there achievements/trophies for like 500 wins and shit like that?

Not proud of it but I did quite a bit of boosting for some of the trophies. I've got about 35 hours or so into the game.

Yeah, I like to breeze through Trophies/Achievements (Especially Online ones because they get harder to get as time goes on) MKX will still be primarily my go to game until Batman Arkham Knight comes out.

Invasion Boss today is Shinnok. Great, just great.. lmao

Yeah...I literally couldn't touch him....but I fought him a bunch of times just to help my faction. I don't know how the scoring really works...but the most I got against him was enough for 300 koins. I mostly got 100 or 200 every time I fought him...but I did get 300 two or three times. And something popped up to say that my faction had successfully defeated him, and I got another 5,000 koins from that.

Archived