Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You casuals. I beat that shit on my 4th try. :P I'm pretty darn good at pressing buttons, though. Even still, it was harder than I expected.

Still deciding on whether or not to get PlayStation Plus solely for MK. I kinda feel obligated to. The MK experience just isn't complete without online multiplayer.

I'm probably gonna break down and end up paying the $30 for the DLC. The price pisses me off to no end...but I think I'd like to have the content. Just out of curiosity, what all is included? I know they will have Jason, Predator (and Spawn is rumored?), but aside from that, what will there be? Is there stuff available right now?

So I just had a weird power outage that only lasted about 15 seconds before the backup kicked in. Everything is back on now, but for some reason I can't get back online on PS4. I even tried to start up MKX again 3 times, but every time it just ends up freezing at the copyrights screen. What is happening and why the hell is a digital download of a damn game freezing when it was fine just moments ago?

I just checked my other downloaded game DB Xenoverse and it freezes too!!

I don't know about power outages, etc...but I had a similar situation when I was trying to load the game once. I think it's just because of the way that the games are designed now (how they stay on in the background, etc). Talking about Xbox One, for the record...but I assume that both systems work relatively similarly. Try power everything off (in the case of the One, which is always on, I do a hard reset any time that I have an issue). Also, try actually exiting the game manually (if there's an option to do so). I know on the One, you can select a running game and scroll through the options to manually exit out of it.

I'm probably gonna break down and end up paying the $30 for the DLC. The price pisses me off to no end...but I think I'd like to have the content. Just out of curiosity, what all is included? I know they will have Jason, Predator (and Spawn is rumored?), but aside from that, what will there be? Is there stuff available right now?

The first bunch of DLC launches on the 26th. It comes with Jason and some horror themed skins. There's a vampire Mileena, kraken Reptile and someone that I forget.

The other packs have a similar kind of setup. The Predator one has a Commando Johnny and a Carl Weathers Jax skin etc.

I'm a huge MK fan, but it's a pretty steep price for what they're providing. You're essentially getting 4 characters and 15 skins (If you include the samurai ones).

Played a few more chapters in the story mode, completed the "test your might" tower (people were right about the titanium symbol being bullshit, btw). I figured people might be exaggerating how hard it was after literally all of the other 9 challenges were easy enough. But, yeah...I think it took me something like 24 tries to get it. And when I did, I didn't even get the satisfaction of seeing it smash, because I accidentally hit the Xbox center button...so I just heard it and when I went back to the game from the menu screen, it said "success". Anyway...did all of that, explored the krypt some more, found the Reptile/Sewer area of the krypt, spent about 13k more koins, etc. Game is definitely the best in the entire MK series, IMO. I'm happy that I don't feel like I've wasted money on a fighting game for once...

Anyone else find Takeda and Jacqui somewhat difficult to combo and use? I know a few basic combos after launching with Jacqui's Full Auto variation (her best one imo) and juggles, but I REALLY can't figure out how Takeda works. He's extremely difficult to combo with.

I actually play Takeda because he's one of the only ones I've figured out how to get good combos with. Maybe just because I spent a few hours experimenting with him in Training though.

I actually play Takeda because he's one of the only ones I've figured out how to get good combos with. Maybe just because I spent a few hours experimenting with him in Training though.

Which variation of him? The only one that I can semi-use is Shirai Ryu because of the similarity it has to my main Scorpion. The others I'm not even sure about besides his specials. I don't know what launching moves he has either so it's hard to maintain a juggle with him for me.

Which variation of him? The only one that I can semi-use is Shirai Ryu because of the similarity it has to my main Scorpion. The others I'm not even sure about besides his specials. I don't know what launching moves he has either so it's hard to maintain a juggle with him for me.
Shirai Ryu. The others don't really have much to work with imo. Lasher has a little bit but Ronin is pretty lackluster.

Liu Kang was my shit today though. His knock ups own.

Archived