Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully getting this soon. Been playing injustice to get into the fighting game mood

The combo mechanics are very different from injustice. Nailing combos on injustice is super easy. Whereas, in MK, it's a pain in the ass. I could easily pull a 22 hit combo with Lantern in injustice. MK though, hard as hell.

-

Story is pretty good. Loved the ending. Was badass.

Thus continues the trend of every movie, show, and video game needing a gay character...just because.

If there is one place where having a gay character seems not only unnecessary, but also borderline absurd, I think MK would be it. Not because gay people are weak, can't fight, or anything like that...but because there is no real reason why sexual preference should ever need to even be mentioned during a tournament to the death. Like...who gives a flying *Censored*? Dear 2015, stop being so PC.

The same reasoning could be applied to the portrayal of straight characters in MK, too, but no one seems to be complaining about that. Johnny Cage, Sonya, Mileena, Reiko, Lui Kang, Kitana, Shao Kahn, Sindel, etc.

Sexual preferences have been illustrated throughout the series' history. In the games, the comics, the movies, etc.

Anyone else think the story was a little too short? It was great and all, but I just wish there were more chapters.

Totally agree.

Kenshi should have gotten a chapter at the very least.

Also Erron Black is an old western bounty hunter, right? They totally missed the opportunity of having a chapter where he hunts down D'Vorah for Kotal Kahn after she steals the amulet. That would have been amazing.

This has nothing to do with the story, but I thought I should put in spoiler tags anyway because it's about Shinnok.

Corrupted Shinnok's fire blast is some bullshit, especially how quickly he can spam it which of course he does. I'm in ladder fighting him and he's spamming the hell out of it. I'm used to MK bosses being cheap and all and he's nowhere near as cheap as Shao Kahn, but damn. Reminds me of Jinpachi's fireball blast that took away half your health in Tekken 5 (before I remembered I could've easily sidestepped....)

I was never able to beat Shao Kahn in MK 9, in fact it was the last time I rage quit....is the final boss beatable?

You gotta fight his cheapness with spamming and cheapness of your own. Kahn is beatable in MK9, but you gotta watch him and find ways to dodge his long range attacks and stay on offense. Don't dare take him on at close range unless he's either laughing or taunting because then you're done and if you do get an opening at close range then use a combo. When you get to long range he usually throws his arrows, that's a kinda good time to strike him if you jump over them (sometimes he'll use his shoulder charge to knock you away). Every now and then he'll throw you a bone and taunt and laugh like a jackass, that's when you use your best combo's against the bastard. He breaks combos, but only when he doesn't feel like going easy which ain't often.

Not gonna lie, I spammed him with Raiden's flying spear whenever I had the chance which wasn't often because screw him. He's my 2nd favorite MK character tho.

I get a little bit of lag, but it only really effects how I input combos from the couple of second delay there is before it outputs in the actual online match. It doesn't screw me over but I wish it'd stop a bit so it feels more fluid. I still can seem to only beat people with Cassie and Scorpion though since I know them the best so far.

I keep running across the same Kitana player in ranked and he wrecks my shit every time. I'm winning more than I'm losing at this point though, so it's all good.

What factions have the people here joined? Too many people are in the Lin Kuei imo.

Archived