Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

The season pass for Injustice was $15 and MK9s was $15 as well and that gave you four characters for the price of three as they were five bucks each. I know I spent $1.99 on the Kold Steel SubZero costume on the PSN store yesterday but thats because I had $2.01 floating on my account.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who usually sucks at fighting games, plays them very briefly, and then never touches them again...I'm saying right now that MKX is different than truly any other fighting game I've played. It definitely has lasting appeal. I definitely want to get a second controller, so I can play with people. I might even consider playing online, if I can come to terms with how badly I suck (and the fact that I will lose more often than not).

Has anyone found the secret rooms yet? Ive only managed to find one. You need Raidens staff and go to the room where you need a gem to unlock a door.

Has anyone found the secret rooms yet? Ive only managed to find one. You need Raidens staff and go to the room where you need a gem to unlock a door.

Had a funny Test Your Luck experience online.

One of the modifiers was electric ground so we'd both got hit every 5 seconds or so by electricity. Anyway I hit my x-ray early, he then hits his after. Only when he was hitting his he was losing health at the same time from the electricity. He had low health from my x-ray so when he finished his he just fell down and I got up. I won the match.

Well the one I was describing, you have to go to the left wall of that room instead of the door thats requiring a gem.

Might of worded that bad. Theres a room where you need a gem to open a door. The left wall of that room however is a door to a hidden room that you need Raidens staff to open. Now it may say that it isnt able to be opened at that time because I had that happen to me. I saw it, and turned to do something else, went back, and was told that it was no closed.

Has anyone figured out whats with the stop clock thats running in the bottom left?

Damn titanium symbol.

Nvm just got it.

Go die. >.>

Has anyone figured out whats with the stop clock thats running in the bottom left?

I thought maybe it has to do with the chests that appear and disappear...but I'm not sure. I know you can hear them when you're near one.

Earlier in the Krypt, I was walking along a wall when the game suddenly pushed me back a step and a chest popped up right where I was.

Im personally the kind of player that almost completely forgets block is a button and not "hold back" and I work on learning the specials and the combos. Nothing more nor less. Cancelling, hit boxes, damage ratio, and all that other extremely detailed fighting game stuff I cant push myself into learning. The parrying counter attacks, like Sonya's X Ray is stretching it, haha. After a bit, I may find a combo that I can hit a special into at the end just to add some more damage to the chain like I did with Green Arrow but thats it.

So, who are you guys playing as? My favorite is Mileena, but I'm best with Scorpion (though I believe that's mostly due to Scorpion being notably better than Mileena, in my opinion).

Im personally the kind of player that almost completely forgets block is a button and not "hold back" and I work on learning the specials and the combos. Nothing more nor less. Cancelling, hit boxes, damage ratio, and all that other extremely detailed fighting game stuff I cant push myself into learning.

I'm pretty much the same way, aside from damage ratio. That's basically my entire focus.

When I get a new fighting game, I immediately go into training mode, pick who I feel will be my overall go-to character, and spend a couple of hours trying to figure out the best possible combo I can do. That's pretty much the extent of how much I dissect the game. Unfortunately, because of how much I focus on combos, my fundamentals tend to suffer (blocking appropriately, mixing highs and lows, being mindful of the interactables, etc.).

Thus continues the trend of every movie, show, and video game needing a gay character...just because.

If there is one place where having a gay character seems not only unnecessary, but also borderline absurd, I think MK would be it. Not because gay people are weak, can't fight, or anything like that...but because there is no real reason why sexual preference should ever need to even be mentioned during a tournament to the death. Like...who gives a flying *Censored*? Dear 2015, stop being so PC.

So, who are you guys playing as? My favorite is Mileena, but I'm best with Scorpion (though I believe that's mostly due to Scorpion being notably better than Mileena, in my opinion).

Im personally the kind of player that almost completely forgets block is a button and not "hold back" and I work on learning the specials and the combos. Nothing more nor less. Cancelling, hit boxes, damage ratio, and all that other extremely detailed fighting game stuff I cant push myself into learning.

I'm pretty much the same way, aside from damage ratio. That's basically my entire focus.

When I get a new fighting game, I immediately go into training mode, pick who I feel will be my overall go-to character, and spend a couple of hours trying to figure out the best possible combo I can do. That's pretty much the extent of how much I dissect the game. Unfortunately, because of how much I focus on combos, my fundamentals tend to suffer (blocking appropriately, mixing highs and lows, being mindful of the interactables, etc.).

I used to play a lot of MK and Tekken and shit when I was younger and only care about combos too. I haven't played a "real" fighting game since I've learned melee though so maybe id be able to focus on fundamentals now.

I used to play a lot of MK and Tekken and shit when I was younger and only care about combos too. I haven't played a "real" fighting game since I've learned melee though so maybe id be able to focus on fundamentals now.

As in, Smash Bros? Nice. I myself got into Melee a year ago, after watching Evo.

It's funny, because most people have no clue about the level of depth that it has, given that most of us just played it casually as kids.

Archived