Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

Kombat Pack won't download for me (already redeemed code, just won't appear in downloads list), I see on the PS forums many have the same issue. anyone in here have it as well?

edit: wait, is the samurai pack the same thing as the kombat pack?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's this game, is it better than MK 9? Seemed like that was really good

MK 9 was most definitely really good. I'd say this is a superior game and much better presentation overall though. It's really really addictive. The variations system really adds to the longevity of the game. I also loved this story mode over the last MK game story mode. And Faction Wars and Test Your Luck is online now and I just had like 10 straight Test Your Luck matches with someone online and man was it a blast! The Krypt is also actually scary this time lol

I don't really understand what the Krypt is. It seems like you walk on kind of a track (forward, back, and side to side)...and you can use "koins" to smash headstones, which give you rewards. I heard that you can encounter monsters too (?) but yeah...I'm generally confused about how it works otherwise.

I don't really understand what the Krypt is. It seems like you walk on kind of a track (forward, back, and side to side)...and you can use "koins" to smash headstones, which give you rewards. I heard that you can encounter monsters too (?) but yeah...I'm generally confused about how it works otherwise.

That's all there is to it. It's just a means of unlocking extra content (costumes, concept art, soundtracks, etc.). An in-game store, if you will.

Personally, I hate it. Navigating through it feels like such a pointless chore. I much preferred the older Krypt designs from the PS2 era MK games. The navigation was quick and straight to the point.

Playing MKX story but didn't finish MK9 story but

Did these returning characters die in MK9?

I'm only on chapter 1 for MKX btw.

If they're revenant (possessed), then they died.

Damn kinda makes me want to finish MK9. Seems like shit went down.

Okay then, so what do the monsters do?

They're just jump scares like in MK9's Krypt except not a creepy image pop up. Interactive jump scares I guess.

And give you extra koins if you fight them off. I spent a good hour exploring the krypt last night and it feels kinda like a Zelda dungeon crawler. Outside of the obvious differences that is.

I just spent the morning playing the krypt, and I agree...it's pretty fun. I like that even when you don't have any koins, you can explore to find different weapons and objects that can open new areas (and in-turn, give you more koins). Definitely a nice alternative when you don't feel like fighting.

I haven't tried any test your might shit yet...but any time that I need to press buttons fast, I form "peace signs" with both hands, put my two left fingers on X and A, and my two right fingers on Y and B (Sqaure, Triangle...X and Circle for PS). Then I just do little finger-walking motions as fast as I can. I also hold the controller kind of on its side, or even upside down...

I was going about the way you were Gen, with the controller on my leg and what it wants you to do is mash until you get in the sweet spot and then hit R2 while still mashing. All the mashing has lead to many premature R2 presses.

I will say that I am very happy with how much development went into this game. I love how NRS/Midway has treated their fighting game fans dating back to Deadly Alliance with their Krypt. The only MKs I like the least are Armageddon and MK4. MKA is explanatory, but for MK4 it didnt capture me like its precedors and successors did. Back to my main point on this game however, like I said the Krypt this time is pretty much a dungeon crawler which, as Gen said, is a fun substitute when youre not playing a fight. And there is the Test Your Luck mode that can make myour matches impossible, what the *Censored*, nightmarish, very confusing, and/or an exciting moment. Ive taken a big liking to this on MK9 and Im glad they expanded on it this time. I have to give this game a 10/10 at the time. Its got me captivated and I see myself playing this for a long time.

Only thing I dislike about the game is that the cameo characters aren't playable. I mean...it makes sense to an extent when they don't make NPCs playable in WWE games, for example...because they're family oriented, and they don't want people to get the idea that it's "okay" to attack non-wrestlers...but, this is Mortal Kombat. I mean, come on...pretty much every MK fighter from past games should be included in the non-story mode; Even if they're dead. People like Smoke, Rain, Cyrax, Sektor, etc. should all be in the game for the normal one-on-one mode.

Im gonna go ahead and bet they will be dlc. If you go back and watch the story for MK9, you can see Skarlett and classic Smoke in the background as well as a grey palette swap of klassic Kitana/Mileena/Jade standing next to the klassic Smoke. So we may very well see the cameos in future DLC.

Sindel, Rain, Stryker, Sareena, Frost, Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, Baraka, Kabal, Nightwolf, Smoke, and Fujin. All characters that have been coded into the game yet they are not on the roster.

Archived