Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like you're either good at fighting games, or you're not. I don't think watching videos can do anything to help you improve. In my case, I suck royally at fighting games, and yet, I always end up buying the new ones and playing them a handful of times before wondering why I wasted money on them. And I will probably do the same thing with MKX. :lol:

I was beginning to think based on the gameplay, it was kind of closer to Injustice than MK 9, but I'm sure the juggling and combos from MK9 will still work regardless of the shared UI/system that MKX shares with both MK9 and Injustice. The game probably is a mixture of both in terms of the fighting, but probably works more to the MK9 system because of the block button and the enhanced supers, probably. The only thing it kind of shares with Injustice is the user interface menus, imo.

Anybody have any videos that they'd recommend to help me improve at MK games? The only ones I've ever been decent at are Tekken, and it's just because I mashed the kick buttons with Eddy.

I feel like you're either good at fighting games, or you're not. I don't think watching videos can do anything to help you improve. In my case, I suck royally at fighting games, and yet, I always end up buying the new ones and playing them a handful of times before wondering why I wasted money on them. And I will probably do the same thing with MKX. :lol:

Gen is pretty on the nose with this. From what I've found is people are either good at the games when they pick em up and can build on that, or you're bad at them and you're going to constantly struggle to pick up the combos and tech.

Here's the EVO 2011 Grand Finals between REO and Perfect Legend. This is pretty much top of the bar you're looking at, the way I practice the fighting games I play are by watching the pros and trying to see how they string things together.

Good Lord. I get excited when I get like a 2-3 hit combo hahahah

Don't worry, you honestly don't need to be playing at that EVO to compete online. The vast majority of players are nowhere near that good. Just pick a character and spend some time learning 2 or 3 combos and their special moves, familiarize yourself with that jazz and jump online. As you become more familiar, you can start learning new combos and stuff.

Occasionally you'll run into a spammy scrublord or an amazing player that absolutely steam rolls you, but you should be fine for the most part.

I will get this eventually even though I have never played any Mortal Kombat games. I have played Injustice though so there's that.

From what I have seen I will probably try to play as Kenshi or Takashi Takeda.

Played the tournament and got shit on by a Mileena main ;_;. However, I put up a good fight with Cassie Cage, it's whatever, very fun to play though. The midnight release for this thing was hype, truck outside the local GameStop with MK X, MK9 and Injustice in them. Cassie's so *censored*ing fun to play, holy shit.

Fighting engine is fast-paced and fluid too, none of the controls feel clunky at all. Not to mention how beautiful the game looks.

Now, to beat story..

So...the full game installed rather quickly. Then there's an update of around 2Gb, and it's taking *censored*ing forever. How and why? How is an update taking longer to install than the full disc? And why is there an update for a game that literally released today?

Yea I got that myself. Since I had already spent two hours playing the game at the store before I could be given it, I let it download the update overnight. It was queer however.

Finally got the game installed and got to play for a bit. Really great game. Story mode is definitely engaging. I quit after having some trouble with the Kotal/Kano battle. Dude was just pissing me off. I'll get it later, but it's a pain in the ass to go from someone like Johnny Cage to someone like Kotal, who is slow as *censored*ing molasses.

Archived