No Custom Themes on PS4?

defunct

So this means we're stuck with random music from the game itself? Oh FFS...I have yet to explore everything on my X Box One but yeah there is no feature for custom music like on the 360....so this is gonna suck for both PS4 and XB1 users ...

looks like Sony is JUST NOW hiring people to fix this

Sony promised a lot of features for the PlayStation 4, but not a whole lot of them have actually made it to the console yet, more than eight months after its initial launch. Whereas Microsoft and Nintendo have both been working overtime to patch in missing (and promised) OS features, Sony has been largely coasting. Just recently, they discussed the absence of another feature they promised for the PS4 at launch, but which still isn’t available.

Anyway, it appears that it will be getting at least one missing feature soon enough- that is MP3 playback, which is finally coming to the PS4, given the new job listings on SCEE’s R&D webpage.

Of course, if Sony has only just started recruiting people to work on features it promised before the console even launched, then it probably has some bigger issues that it should look after first. Like, I don’t know, shoddy management.

http://gamingbolt.com/mp3-playback-finally-coming-to-ps4

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/mp3-playback-finally-coming-to-ps4#VwReqR4dLq1FzFB3.99

Just now thinking about mp3 implementation? I don't think 2K15 will have custom music on PS4, then. I might be getting the PS3 version instead.

True. I doubt we'll get themes on next gen consoles. Knowing Ledesma, it would have been years before we got them back as he thought of every excuse not to return the feature. Let's just hope these new guys at 2K aren't the same.

Just now thinking about mp3 implementation? I don't think 2K15 will have custom music on PS4, then. I might be getting the PS3 version instead.

True. I doubt we'll get themes on next gen consoles. Knowing Ledesma, it would have been years before we got them back as he thought of every excuse not to return the feature. Let's just hope these new guys at 2K aren't the same.

To be fair, once they patch in MP3 support, 2K could patch it in to 2K15 as well.

To be fair, once they patch in MP3 support, 2K could patch it in to 2K15 as well.

Patches are usually for fixing stuff not adding new features. Not saying they won't do it, but it's very unlikely.

Patches are usually for fixing stuff not adding new features. Not saying they won't do it, but it's very unlikely.

Patching, update. same thing lol. Basically is patching. They'll add it to the Playstation soon enough.

Wow I never knew that One and PS4 didn't have mp3 support. That's really...........freaking stupid. That should have been a thing at launch and while I don't think it is that big a deal for any other game off the top of my head, it'd really suck bad for the WWE games. I remember the days without custom themes and thought those were behind us for good. They just better not screw the last gen gamers and not include the option at all since it won't be there for the current gen.

Well hopefully they won't take that feature out knowing that it could be there eventually. It's already in the game. To be honest, we'll probably have the feature by the end of the year if not much sooner.

Well hopefully they won't take that feature out knowing that it could be there eventually. It's already in the game. To be honest, we'll probably have the feature by the end of the year if not much sooner.

current gen yes, next gen cant say it is because its probably the new next gen engine yukes starting working on in 2009 (tank confirmed this as well as marcus later on). I am hoping it is in, but I can see why, like nab 2k15, they are leaving out an option that isn't available on that console and while it is said it will be released eventually that can mean at any point in the future.

Come to think, will it still be possible to import textures on next gen? Time will tell. This hush-hush crap with 2k is stupid. They should've let more of the bag because the game is not that far away. What are they waiting for? A drunk Ric Flair showing up again for promoting the game.

Come to think, will it still be possible to import textures on next gen? Time will tell. This hush-hush crap with 2k is stupid. They should've let more of the bag because the game is not that far away. What are they waiting for? A drunk Ric Flair showing up again for promoting the game.

I doubt we will be able to import textures on next gen anytime soon, the consoles are pretty restrictive at the moment. I hope 2K develop something similar to EA's gameface, where you can upload pictures and it scan the face into the game.

current gen yes, next gen cant say it is because its probably the new next gen engine yukes starting working on in 2009 (tank confirmed this as well as marcus later on). I am hoping it is in, but I can see why, like nab 2k15, they are leaving out an option that isn't available on that console and while it is said it will be released eventually that can mean at any point in the future.

True. They could leave it out, you may be right about that. I hope they don't because I really do think we'll have that feature sometime this year. They know it's a popular feature.

mp3's are apparently could be very coming soon

"Your message is heard loud and clear. As has been pointed out a number of times in recent executive interviews, future PS4 updates are always in the works so you can expect additional features in due course." replied Fred Dutton.

The "executive Interviews" Fred pointed out was of Shuhei Yoshida where he said some missing feature is coming to Playstation 4 soon. Its good to know that Sony listening to demands of Playstation community and working on it if its feasible. Tell us in the comment section below what additional feature you want Sony to add to Playstation 4 via upcoming firmware.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15183-sony-indirectly-confirms-mp3-and-other-additional-feature-coming-ps4-new-fi.html

mp3's are apparently could be very coming soon

"Your message is heard loud and clear. As has been pointed out a number of times in recent executive interviews, future PS4 updates are always in the works so you can expect additional features in due course." replied Fred Dutton.

The "executive Interviews" Fred pointed out was of Shuhei Yoshida where he said some missing feature is coming to Playstation 4 soon. Its good to know that Sony listening to demands of Playstation community and working on it if its feasible. Tell us in the comment section below what additional feature you want Sony to add to Playstation 4 via upcoming firmware.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15183-sony-indirectly-confirms-mp3-and-other-additional-feature-coming-ps4-new-fi.html

This is great. just as expected. hopefully they can get it to us and 2k can keep the feature. After all, it is a huge feature that would be missing.

Archived