No Custom Themes on PS4?

defunct

MP3 support is a stupidly simple feature to implement at this point. It's 2014 not 1999. With the time I've spent with the PS4 it seems everything was very rushed to market. I mean the thing didn't even support DVD/Bluray movie playback at launch. There are a lot of standard features besides Mp3 support that the PS4 is still lacking.

It has been rumoured that despite public appearance, BOTH the Xbox One and PS4 were intended to have all the DRM/online restriction nonsense that Microsoft got a lot of heat for and promptly reversed their stance on. Sony saw the matter blowing up in MS's face and decided to do an about-face themselves prior to the PS4 reveal to benefit from the MS debacle. In short, (rumoured), both systems were going to have the nonsense that MS announced and then reversed, and now BOTH companies are make a lot of under-the-hood changes in a short amount of time leading to a lot of missing features at launch, because they couldn't undo everything in time for their launch dates.

Nonetheless, the PS4 and Xbox One are obviously capable of playing MP3s technologically speaking, because some of your DVDs and streaming videos from Netflix, etc. use MP3 for their audio streams. Music services like Music Unlimited use MP3 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think theres anything to worry about, Sony/Microsoft want to make everyone aware of their games and exclusives right now. XboxOne gets monthly system updates & I'm sure PS4 will get loads too, as long as fans keep reminding them we want this, we'll get this

Quick question. At the moment, the PS4 doesn't support MP3, but... what about other file types like .wma or hell, even .ogg. Just asking.

I don't think it does, even if it did though, there's no option to play music anywhere apart from Sony's "Music Unlimited" There's no music or video player anywhere, just Sony's Apps you have to sign up for and pay monthly.

Quick question. At the moment, the PS4 doesn't support MP3, but... what about other file types like .wma or hell, even .ogg. Just asking.

I don't think it does, even if it did though, there's no option to play music anywhere apart from Sony's "Music Unlimited" There's no music or video player anywhere, just Sony's Apps you have to sign up for and pay monthly.

Well, I don't see them attempting to force us to use that, at least not for very long. The outcry against it would be far to much and MP3 support would be a very simple feature to add.

Well, I don't see them attempting to force us to use that, at least not for very long. The outcry against it would be far to much and MP3 support would be a very simple feature to add.

Theres been an outcry since nov and they still havent added it

Theres been an outcry since nov and they still havent added it

There still concerned with getting a decent games cataloge, I think microsoft has the most active ex ips & sony the most 3rd party ex add ons

It's odd how the rumors of the PS4 with MP3 support will be added. Am I the only one that thinks that there may be a catch where PS4 owner may have to pay more out of pocket?

And then Sony would face even more backlash. MP3 support was free on PS3, why should you have to pay for it now?

It's odd how the rumors of the PS4 with MP3 support will be added. Am I the only one that thinks that there may be a catch where PS4 owner may have to pay more out of pocket?

Nope, Sony know why the PS3 sold less than the 360 & now they have the majority of the PS2 gamers back, they know better than to upset people. Its very easy to trade a PS4 for a fair price & buy an xboxone and vice versa, both know this and both will work hard to keep & win customers

Archived