Career Mode to be in WWE 2K15?

FrostOutside

2K Games posted a few more general details for the upcoming release of "WWE 2K15." According to a report from SEScoops on May 14, the publisher may not be launching the next installment of the series in 2014 as previously indicated. Instead, the company is possibly planning a release window set for early 2015.

Aside from giving the development teams some more time, the delay seems to make since from a financial standpoint. The WWE brand usually strive during the first quarter of the year due to the popular Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania events. "WWE 2K15" could benefit from the hype surrounding Wrestlemania 31, which takes place on March 25 of next year.

Rumors are also suggesting that the "30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode from "WWE 2K14" has been replaced. You can find a screen featuring the campaign of last year's installment from the official Facebook page of the franchise with the photo near the top of this article. Instead, "WWE 2K15" is expected to launch with a "My Career" mode where the player begins his or her wrestling career at NXT, the development division of the WWE. He or she has to work their way on to the main roster, ultimately winning championship belts.

The official roster for "WWE 2K15" has still not yet been announced. However, potential leaks suggest that John Cena, Justin Gabriel, Summer Rae and The Undertaker are going to be playable. In the past installments, the complete list of characters was usually announced during an event set before the SummerSlam, which takes place in Aug. of this year. However, the delay may have changed the announcement plans.

Only the PS4 and Xbox One versions "WWE 2K15" have been announced by 2K Games so far. The switch to the next-generation systems should bring many some improvements to the gameplay and visual elements. The aforesaid "WWE 2K14" has an official launch date of Oct. 29 in North American and Nov. 1 in Europe for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wwe-2k15-nxt-wrestlemania-31-and-release-date-details-revealed

That's exactly what I asked for...for 2K14. Don't replace the Historic mode or whatever with it though. "My Player" mode in NBA 2K is just for created players so "My Career" would most likely just be for Caws. Have "My Career" as well as a Season Mode/Whatever historic mode you want to use next.

I still think a my career mode isn't suited to the wwe brand, it'll be the same thing as we've seen before but you start at nxt instead of heat/velocity. Problem is by the time you've won the main wwe world heavyweight championship your also so tag and ic/us champion and the game will ignore those belts after a few defences making the lowercard titles pointless

i've never played any 2K sports games (NHL, NBA etc) so im not sure how they do their rookie careers in those games, but in EA's NHL games, with one of their career modes, you start in the AHL and in order to get called up to the NHL team, you have to accomplish objectives. like certain amount of goals, assists, points, hits ect. and you have to do those to when playing on the NHL team. maybe if 2K does something like that with a 'my career' mode in WWE2K15 where when you start on NXT, you have to win a certain mount of matches, win the title, successfully defend it a certain amount of times then get called up to RAW/SD and completes accomplishments there to.

i've never played any 2K sports games (NHL, NBA etc) so im not sure how they do their rookie careers in those games, but in EA's NHL games, with one of their career modes, you start in the AHL and in order to get called up to the NHL team, you have to accomplish objectives. like certain amount of goals, assists, points, hits ect. and you have to do those to when playing on the NHL team. maybe if 2K does something like that with a 'my career' mode in WWE2K15 where when you start on NXT, you have to win a certain mount of matches, win the title, successfully defend it a certain amount of times then get called up to RAW/SD and completes accomplishments there to.

I bet you'd go to raw as nxt champion and that title and brand will be ignored for the rest of the game though. Thats the problem with tackling theatre the same way as sport, you should lose a belt before you chase another but why would you want to lose in a game?

Yeah I hate when you have every championship and only defend the top one.

SvR 2010... Won every title with my Spiderman Caw.

That was a stupid five days.

If I was a 2K developer working on WWE 2k15, I'll probably replace Universe Mode and bring back GM mode. Universe mode is kinda similar but not the same.

In SvR 2008 you could set up storylines, battle for ratings etc.

I just hope they bring it back in future games.

Yeah I hate when you have every championship and only defend the top one.

SvR 2010... Won every title with my Spiderman Caw.

That was a stupid five days.

If I was a 2K developer working on WWE 2k15, I'll probably replace Universe Mode and bring back GM mode. Universe mode is kinda similar but not the same.

In SvR 2008 you could set up storylines, battle for ratings etc.

I just hope they bring it back in future games.

God no. The GM mode was a horrible mode. "setting up storylines" was worse than what we have now. Because you were still forced to book everything by yourself, had no cutscenes and it was even more repitive than Universe mode.

And I don't even want to mention the in-game money & contracts

I've never understood the appeal of this. So you want to take every CAW from NXT - WWE WHC at WM... on every game as it releases each year. God forbid they tie upgrading stats to your career mode like in svr09 and you literally have to 'grind' again.

Universe Mode is much better as you can set up your own brands/rosters and exclude anything you don't want; and you can still play matches as one particular superstar.

A Career mode might be good if the stories keep changing. There should be cut scenes with subtitles if no voice overs. But there should be different stories. I remember the Career mode in 2007, i really don't know. It was good but after a while the stories were repetitive but at least there was a choice in the stories to be a part of one faction or the other. that would at least make me play the mode with different superstars.

And i do not think the Universe mode will get affected by this Career mode. It is a different mode with no connections to the Career. And i think just like the Creation Suite, Universe mode is a highlight for the game regardless it being some what glitchy.

I like this idea & its this I have been looking for years for WWE games to do. You start out in the indies after you win a number of matches you get offered a developmental deal to nxt. Then work your way to WWE TV. Along the way your actions say you can go back stage & attack say Daniel Bryan. Causes a reaction & gets you noticed if you win. That sounds awesome to me.

^ Why? So that yo have to do it for every CAW, (Sting on NXT for example), and then re-do it for every game that releases after that? I've never understood the want for the game's Story Mode to be done in this style.

Some people think nobody has more CAWs than 5 at maximum

^ Why? So that yo have to do it for every CAW, (Sting on NXT for example), and then re-do it for every game that releases after that? I've never understood the want for the game's Story Mode to be done in this style.

Some people think nobody has more CAWs than 5 at maximum

But the way people are talking, by aping the 'My Career' mode of sports games or UFC game, would be like going back to svr09 or svr2010's career mode, perform certain actions in matches in order to be able to increase your stats in that area. Grinding instead of having the freedom to be able to set your attributes how you want to when creating the caw. That would suck ass.

There's no reward to doing the NXT-WWE Title at WM kind of story mode. It would just be like old season modes, once you have the next title belt up the ones you've already holding will be completely ignored. There's no substance to it, especially if you have to do it for each CAW on every game that is released etc. It's not even like the WWE 2K series has the Legends Of Wrestling 2 style of 'popularity meter' for in-game actions to show progression.

Archived