Career Mode to be in WWE 2K15?

FrostOutside

^ Why? So that yo have to do it for every CAW, (Sting on NXT for example), and then re-do it for every game that releases after that? I've never understood the want for the game's Story Mode to be done in this style.

Some people think nobody has more CAWs than 5 at maximum

But the way people are talking, by aping the 'My Career' mode of sports games or UFC game, would be like going back to svr09 or svr2010's career mode, perform certain actions in matches in order to be able to increase your stats in that area. Grinding instead of having the freedom to be able to set your attributes how you want to when creating the caw. That would suck ass.

There's no reward to doing the NXT-WWE Title at WM kind of story mode. It would just be like old season modes, once you have the next title belt up the ones you've already holding will be completely ignored. There's no substance to it, especially if you have to do it for each CAW on every game that is released etc. It's not even like the WWE 2K series has the Legends Of Wrestling 2 style of 'popularity meter' for in-game actions to show progression.

100% fully agreed with, a sports style career mode doesnt gel well with theartre. A popularity meter would help, but if the a.i was smart enough to understand match quailty & ratings i'd prefer they used it in universe mode.

Everytime we've had these modes we've always been given dumb choices like tag with JR/King in his home town. Or go for the tag belts but get to pick your partner from 5 unsuitable choices it never works well & ends up as a grindfest. Worse still the story will revolve around 1 charcters pursue of the wwe championship and will quickly ignore the bulk of the roster and leave you feuding with the same top tier talent for most of the game

^ Why? So that yo have to do it for every CAW, (Sting on NXT for example), and then re-do it for every game that releases after that? I've never understood the want for the game's Story Mode to be done in this style.

Some people think nobody has more CAWs than 5 at maximum

But the way people are talking, by aping the 'My Career' mode of sports games or UFC game, would be like going back to svr09 or svr2010's career mode, perform certain actions in matches in order to be able to increase your stats in that area. Grinding instead of having the freedom to be able to set your attributes how you want to when creating the caw. That would suck ass.

There's no reward to doing the NXT-WWE Title at WM kind of story mode. It would just be like old season modes, once you have the next title belt up the ones you've already holding will be completely ignored. There's no substance to it, especially if you have to do it for each CAW on every game that is released etc. It's not even like the WWE 2K series has the Legends Of Wrestling 2 style of 'popularity meter' for in-game actions to show progression.

100% fully agreed with, a sports style career mode doesnt gel well with theartre. A popularity meter would help, but if the a.i was smart enough to understand match quailty & ratings i'd prefer they used it in universe mode.

Everytime we've had these modes we've always been given dumb choices like tag with JR/King in his home town. Or go for the tag belts but get to pick your partner from 5 unsuitable choices it never works well & ends up as a grindfest. Worse still the story will revolve around 1 charcters pursue of the wwe championship and will quickly ignore the bulk of the roster and leave you feuding with the same top tier talent for most of the game

And not to mention that the stories were very linear. Wins/losses barley mattered.

One way to solve the "every belt" problem, pick what belt you want to shoot for.. after gaining your 1st belt, that's where your career should branch off.. go for another title, or keep defending the one u got til you loose.. kinda how no mercy was..

to me, the only game, in the wwe series, to get that career mode right.

If we're getting a mode, i'd rather a wwe network mode where you can jump back and forth between past and present, covering all the promotions featured there & whatever talent they could sign for the game. It covers more ground than a specific mode, and could easily get more matches added to it that are happening with the current product. To push it further more, add the wwe network app to the game so subscribers can watch the match via the stream before they play it. And use the game as another way to access the network, have it remind you when a current event is about to start, you press a button and watch the card when its done exit and continue the game where you left it. For caw makers you could get a flood of reference images, hell they could be even smarter and tempt more of us to sign up by adding their entire catalogue of themes and titantrons to stream to your game if you have an account to the network. And those of us that care about those details will enjoy watching the network anyway so it isn't like thier trying to trick us into signing up

^ They're not going to write/make cutscenes for a number of years/companies.

Story Mode is dead as far as I can tell. We don't want to play the same storylines every time we start story/season mode.
Career Mode doesn't suite these games. We don't want to grind in order to increase our stats. I just don't think they work.

These games are mostly about creations, customizability. CAW Makers want to set the CAW's attributes correctly when they make the CAW. Those that want to play a specific company or time period can use Universe Mode to do so. But we just need things to work more smoothly together. Don't make our games lock-up, and don't remove arenas etc.

If the next game came with real arenas for the following and let us use them in Universe Mode, would you have much more to want? you could have whatever style of story mode you want and specifically exclude what you don't want to see:
RAW OldSchool/Attitude Era/RAW 2002
SD OvalTron/Fist/Current
Heat

Velocity
WCW Nitro/Thunder/StarrCade/GAB/COTC
ECW OldSchool/WWE ECW
NXT

I can't take another historic storyline or RTWM. Instead, I would like what 2k did for NBA2k series for the WWE series: Mycareer. They should allow you to take your CAW through a journey of going through NXT to making it to the big leagues. It should feel like an actual climb to WWE status (and then that should be rewarding and challenging). I would compare it to a modernized season mode: give it branching storylines, the ability to go backstage and interact with different superstars and managers (maybe even have a relationship system which creates allies and enemies?), social media (I.E, Twitter), a ranking system, and the works.

I wouldn't mind a Mywwe career replacing whatever story they had rigged up.

Again, I find it telling that no one is addressing my concerns...

You know that at BEST it will make us see stupid stuff like 80s Arn Anderson or Sting on NXT with no one knowing whom he is and talking-down to him; and will be like every old season mode where once you get the next belt up the other ones you've collected get completely ignored.

At WORST they may pull a SVR09 and tie upgrading your caw's stats to this mode like the upcoming UFC game (do 'x' in a match to increase that stat), or make you run through the mode for every CAW you have in order to upgrade them.

These 'My Career' modes are not suited to wrestling games in the slightest. CAW creators want to set their caw's stats when they create them. There's no substance behind the matches, it's not even as if you have Legends Of Wrestling 2's cheer/boo mechanic behind your actions in the ring.

You know that at BEST it will make us see stupid stuff like 80s Arn Anderson or Sting on NXT with no one knowing whom he is and talking-down to him; and will be like every old season mode where once you get the next belt up the other ones you've collected get completely ignored.

At WORST they may pull a SVR09 and tie upgrading your caw's stats to this mode like the upcoming UFC game (do 'x' in a match to increase that stat), or make you run through the mode for every CAW you have in order to upgrade them.

These 'My Career' modes are not suited to wrestling games in the slightest. CAW creators want to set their caw's stats when they create them. There's no substance behind the matches, it's not even as if you have Legends Of Wrestling 2's cheer/boo mechanic behind your actions in the ring.

I can come up with a number of fixes for these problems. For one, an option to choose where we start in the company, to prevent legends being talked down upon. Second, the attribute issue is simple to solve too. Simply split the attributes for normal play and for season. So in Universe your superstar might have an overall of 95, while in season you might not be quite there yet. And if you start at a higher tier in season, you receive enough exp or whatever to make up for not playing through the indies/NXT. These ideas are pretty simple, and have been implemented in older games before, so I don't see why we wouldn't be able to have it now, especially now that we have somebody half way sensible like 2K running the show.

I can come up with a number of fixes for these problems. For one, an option to choose where we start in the company, to prevent legends being talked down upon. Second, the attribute issue is simple to solve too. Simply split the attributes for normal play and for season. So in Universe your superstar might have an overall of 95, while in season you might not be quite there yet. And if you start at a higher tier in season, you receive enough exp or whatever to make up for not playing through the indies/NXT. These ideas are pretty simple, and have been implemented in older games before, so I don't see why we wouldn't be able to have it now, especially now that we have somebody half way sensible like 2K running the show.

It doesn't work from a storytelling standpoint.

Even in NBA2k14 it's just game after game after game with very linear story-cutscenes on some occassions.. In a WWE career mode it would be SvR'09/SvR'10 all over again.

Great news if true. The legend modes were always cool, but they can really only be played once or twice. As soon as you get all of the medals for the different requirements, they cease to be a solid form of entertainment. Personally, I always preferred the story modes with actual wrestlers though. I wish that would make a return. I don't like playing with created guys. It would be best if the story mode for 2k15 offered the option of making your own guy, or choosing one of the real NXT guys.

Hope we do get a few nxt guys. Maybe 10 or so.

Bo dallas- obviously too late for "bolieve" gimmick

Adam rose- from what ive read his call up was more a last minute decision rather than a unanimously popular decision so him making it might be difficult

Xavier woods- has a good chance based on the fact deadline looks to be feb again (roberts has confirmed in the past he does his recording in one day due to the wwe talents schedules; after roster plus dlc is decided on) and woods was on the main roster.

Paige/emma- had good followings in nxt so they might have a good chance.

If nxt guys arent planned parts of the roster, woods may make it as a wild card, but id guess he'd likely be it.

Beyond start at NXT, become that shows champion move on to WWE and pursue a title match at wrestlemania, has any of us got any ideas that would make career mode interesting. One thing I've learnt from playing wrestling games for the past 20+ years is they either copy whats already happened (SYM/HCTP included in that) or they make up something dumb that plays like the script to a b movie

I don't think that getting a world title shot should be the main goal. I felt that a career mode should follow the CAW in a role-playing like story. Let's say that in the start of this career mode, the CAW starts off in NXT and his main goal is to hit the main roster. They give you a time period from your first match to your breakout match (or however NXT stars get on the roster). Along the way, you'd be caught up with building a name for yourself. Examples could be:

Choosing a face/heel WWE mentor and helping them in a match. Have a match against an NXT heel/face. Now let's say you've gotten to your breakout match and you're about to meet your first goal (getting on the roster) and with doing these side aforementioned objectives, you'd be a face/heel with allies and enemies, so on and so forth.

Objectives would be the side matches (that feels like fillers, every mode has them but at least these matches will garner you fan support/heat, backstage support/heat, win/loss to your CAW. All for your CAW). Objectives would contain in-game cut-scenes as certain wrestlers can be changed, etc (since it's a choose your own path sort of thing).

Goals on the other hand would be main storyline, top tier stuff. Goals will occur once you've done enough objectives, another example: You've done enough objectives to gain HHH's attention as you're now a top heel in the company. A storyline is created were you're now pit against the WWE W.H champion (D-bry). Now these would contain the cutscene heavy, voice-acted if possible, cutscenes... the big 'main quest' stuff. Objective would be branching, side quests which could

In this way, you feel like your CAW is actually grinding in the WWE to reach their ultimate goal of being a legend or whatever. With a reliable SMART A.I, overalls would not be a necessary huge factor. If they must be one, then could your CAW's overall not be lowered for Career mode only? You won't have to grind in Universe and slap 100 overall on whoever, but in the 'My WWE' career mode, they'd have to work to the top? And if you're bored with one CAW, bring in another and choose another option on the branching storyline and since the mode should be 24/7, face one CAW against another.

I hope I made sense and I trust this would be fresh and welcoming.

Thanks.

Universe is unreliable; your idea of a storyline with your Caws could be crippled, just because of dumb booking or A.I. In the RTWM/Relive modes of the past games, I saw the A.I fight better there, so it seems the only way to get your story and a good fight would be to make a mode for your CAW.

I, for one, am not interested in doing a WWE history lesson. I speak for myself, but I would prefer them allowing us to see what it takes to go from rookie to legend in the WWE in a detailed, roleplaying manner. That's what Universe should have had (with the branching storylines which I NEVER received, two games straight).

Thanks.

Universe is unreliable; your idea of a storyline with your Caws could be crippled, just because of dumb booking or A.I. In the RTWM/Relive modes of the past games, I saw the A.I fight better there, so it seems the only way to get your story and a good fight would be to make a mode for your CAW.

I, for one, am not interested in doing a WWE history lesson. I speak for myself, but I would prefer them allowing us to see what it takes to go from rookie to legend in the WWE in a detailed, roleplaying manner. That's what Universe should have had (with the branching storylines which I NEVER received, two games straight).

I don't think that was the point to Universe, it wasn't about 1 guy but the whole universe. The rookie to star storymode is the same thing we've had since WWF Warzone (PS1) we've had 2 out of how many games relive past events. And lets not forget career mode leads to demands for more voice acting, which leads to linear paths. The reason we've had attitude/30 years is because rtwm became so stale they could be bothered to make anymore. I don't see how bringing back career now will create freshness.

I think there are ways to make Universe smarter, or at least make you more in control. Giving any set feud a final victor if you want to see the match results simmed, and at the very least it should give you the ability to change matches to how you see fit without the AI fighting you the entire way. Giving you a blank slate with every show and building your card should alleviate a lot of the AI confusion when you introduce new wrestlers or elements to the built card.

Archived