Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

Hope that the stiffness gets sorted out. But as mentioned this is still probably in alpha.

Also I really hope the tone down on the light contrast on the models. Seeing one part of their body be bright as hell and another to be pitch black is putting me off. I'd prefer if they had the character graphics as close to Burst Limit's as possible.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna go out and say this as it's been on my mind.

It looks like it sucks. I'm *censored*ing sick of it. Budokai 3 perfected the 2D competitive DBZ fighting game. Tenkaichi 3 perfected the open style Dragon Ball Z fighting game.

After that, you got the Raging Blast series, which was virtually the same as the BT series, but with a smaller roster and minor gameplay tweaks. But it was still acceptable.

Then you got the complete boring mess that was Ultimate Tenkaichi (going off of videos and opinions, I never owned it), probably some more crap, and then finally Battle of Z, which I played the demo for, and it's a lame ass stiff simple game where the only challenge is finding your opponent and not pulling your hair out in boredom.

Battle of Z had that same disgusting stiffness of the opponent barely moving when you punch them, and the movement being clunky and awkward as we see in the new videos of Xenoverse. It's just going to be Battle of Z 2.0. I don't care Dimps is back, LOOK at the gameplay. It looks terrible. Unless in a few months they SOMEHOW manage to completely turn around the engine, it'll be another disgusting disappointment.

Back to B3 and BT3!

It looks like it sucks. I'm *censored*ing sick of it. Budokai 3 perfected the 2D competitive DBZ fighting game. Tenkaichi 3 perfected the open style Dragon Ball Z fighting game.

After that, you got the Raging Blast series, which was virtually the same as the BT series, but with a smaller roster and minor gameplay tweaks. But it was still acceptable.

Then you got the complete boring mess that was Ultimate Tenkaichi (going off of videos and opinions, I never owned it), probably some more crap, and then finally Battle of Z, which I played the demo for, and it's a lame ass stiff simple game where the only challenge is finding your opponent and not pulling your hair out in boredom.

Battle of Z had that same disgusting stiffness of the opponent barely moving when you punch them, and the movement being clunky and awkward as we see in the new videos of Xenoverse. It's just going to be Battle of Z 2.0. I don't care Dimps is back, LOOK at the gameplay. It looks terrible. Unless in a few months they SOMEHOW manage to completely turn around the engine, it'll be another disgusting disappointment.

Back to B3 and BT3!

Do you know what pre-alpha means because it doesn't look like you do

Back to B3 and BT3!

Do you know what pre-alpha means because it doesn't look like you do

this.

And the fact that it is Dimps. They aren't some developer no ones ever heard of and they've got some experience with DBZ and fighting games in general. I'm not telling you this like you don't know because playing B3 I'm sure you do. I'm simply saying this because we have nothing to worry about. At least not yet.

Still gonna get it, because its DBZ and I'm getting a PS4 soon, oh I miss my childhood lol. I liked Budokai 3, it took me forever to find out how to win the super attack button thing lol. Loved the idea of flying around. Liked 2 but the board game thing I didn't like. My favorites are Legacy of Goku 2 and Buus Fury, beat the games many times 100% haven't played Battle of Z yet, heard you can't transform, didn't Tenkaichi 1 do the same thing?

Still gonna get it, because its DBZ and I'm getting a PS4 soon, oh I miss my childhood lol. I liked Budokai 3, it took me forever to find out how to win the super attack button thing lol. Loved the idea of flying around. Liked 2 but the board game thing I didn't like. My favorites are Legacy of Goku 2 and Buus Fury, beat the games many times 100% haven't played Battle of Z yet, heard you can't transform, didn't Tenkaichi 1 do the same thing?

Yup. That's one of the reasons BT1 was terrible.

Yeah hopefully they address that issue. While it has looked stiff in previous vids and simplistic like BOZ, it looks a bit better in that one actually. Major potential. I hope this is awesome because I think we really need this series to turn around. To think where we could've been by now is almost frustrating lol.

If only we could get a game with Budokai Tenkaichi 3's gameplay and roster, Budokai Tenkaichi 2's story mode and Budokai's cutscenes.

BT2's story mode really dragged IMO. And the whole flying around the map was pointless bar the leveling up battles. It had nowhere near the freedom of Budokai 3's story.

If only we could get a game with Budokai Tenkaichi 3's gameplay and roster, Budokai Tenkaichi 2's story mode and Budokai's cutscenes.

BT2's story mode really dragged IMO. And the whole flying around the map was pointless bar the leveling up battles. It had nowhere near the freedom of Budokai 3's story.

Yes. I loved Budokai 3's storymode and the freedom. Flying around the map looking for Dragonballs and completing story arcs was cool. Just need cutscenes from the first Budokai and the T3 roster.

I said before, But unlike many I really love the gameboard storymode for Budokai 2. That said, as long as it isn't the bullshit we got in Raging Blast 2, i'm happy.

I actually love the B2 story mode the best out of the original Budokai games. It felt fun and like a game on in itself. Sure it altered the story, but it did it in a way that was quite fun and well executed in my opinion.

I actually love the B2 story mode the best out of the original Budokai games. It felt fun and like a game on in itself. Sure it altered the story, but it did it in a way that was quite fun and well executed in my opinion.

Plus, I found trying to stay alive while looking for the dragonballs on the board quite fun, especially when the boss chasing me down was someone strong.

Plus, I found trying to stay alive while looking for the dragonballs on the board quite fun, especially when the boss chasing me down was someone strong.

It made the whole story mode feel almost like a strategy board game which worked so well in this case. B3 has the gameplay and B1 has the roster, but B2 definitely has the best story mode to me. And obviously BT3 has the best roster of any fighting game ever.

It made the whole story mode feel almost like a strategy board game which worked so well in this case. B3 has the gameplay and B1 has the roster, but B2 definitely has the best story mode to me. And obviously BT3 has the best roster of any fighting game ever.

Isn't Budokai Tenkaichi 3 technically the fighting game with the biggest roster in the world?

Isn't Budokai Tenkaichi 3 technically the fighting game with the biggest roster in the world?

I'm actually not quite sure of that in all honesty.

After a little search though it seems that Tenkaichi 3 has the second largest roster of all time. The biggest goes to Tobal 2 with a roster of 200.

I'm actually not quite sure of that in all honesty.

After a little search though it seems that Tenkaichi 3 has the second largest roster of all time. The biggest goes to Tobal 2 with a roster of 200.

Never heard of that game. Still, quite the achievement, being the second largest roster of all time.

Archived