Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mr. Satan makes it in, I hope he's in his prime and not his current old ass lol. As for who I really think should be DLC, I'll tag them just in case for whoever's not up to date on Super? I hear the number of DLC will be 8 so he's my list if that number's true:

-Future Trunks (Super Saiyan Anger)

-Vegito (Super Saiyan Blue)

-Fused Zamasu

-Android 17 (current)

-Kefla

-Jiren

-Toppo (God of Destruction)

-Goku (Ultra Instinct)

I was debating whether to include yet another Vegeta, but I'm not sure if limit breaker counts as a new form or not, as it's still Super Saiyan Blue at the end of the day. Though the same can be said about about Trunks' Super Saiyan Anger form still being Super Saiyan 2, but I'd rather have a new Trunks than yet another Vegeta personally lol.

If Mr. Satan makes it in, I hope he's in his prime and not his current old ass lol. As for who I really think should be DLC, I'll tag them just in case for whoever's not up to date on Super? I hear the number of DLC will be 8 so he's my list if that number's true:

-Future Trunks (Super Saiyan Anger)

-Vegito (Super Saiyan Blue)

-Fused Zamasu

-Android 17 (current)

-Kefla

-Jiren

-Toppo (God of Destruction)

-Goku (Ultra Instinct)

I was debating whether to include yet another Vegeta, but I'm not sure if limit breaker counts as a new form or not, as it's still Super Saiyan Blue at the end of the day. Though the same can be said about about Trunks' Super Saiyan Anger form still being Super Saiyan 2, but I'd rather have a new Trunks than yet another Vegeta personally lol.

-No

-No. I'd rather have SS4 Gogeta

-Yeah

-Meh

-She didn't even exist until weeks after the DLC was announced. There is literally 0 chance she makes it.

-Has barely even done anything and the DLC was likely planned before his fight with Goku

-Literally just happened a week ago.

-See Jiren and no.

On top of that the DLC was already datelined.

-Base Goku

-Base Vegeta

-Cooler

-Broly

-Bardock

-Vegetto

-Fused Zamosa

Ahh I wasn't sure how far back DLC had been announced lol. So caught up on Super, I didn't even think about maybe having some DBZ movie villains. I'm about it either way lol.

I hope whatever the DLC ends up being does really well, so maybe then they'll decide to do some more down the line. Having just 8 in this giant Dragon Ball universe kinda sucks lol.

People have found textures for Goku and Vegeta's Resurrection F outfits in the game files, so we might be getting alternate costumes as DLC! :D

Yes! It bothers the heck outta me that they just have the same attires on both Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Blue. They could've at least had Super Saiyan Vegeta in like Buu arc clothing or something (my personal favorite).

People have found textures for Goku and Vegeta's Resurrection F outfits in the game files, so we might be getting alternate costumes as DLC! :D

Considering alt costumes in for Arksys fighters is essentially the equivalent of making a new character, I highly doubt it.

The only two characters to actually have them are Noel in BlazBlue and Titt...I mean Elphelt in Guilty Gear. And those are just their old outfits since their animations and whatnot are largely if not completely the same.

The more I play this, the more it really bothers me that there aren't just proper unlockable characters. You literally only have three; Two of which are already unlocked with a code if you got day one edition. And the 21 unlockable requires you to beat all three story arcs...which feels like overkill. I love the game, so, I really don't want to complain so much...but it really could have had at least a handful of proper unlocks...a solid row at least. I get that they only wanted the powerful fighters in the game for the sake of realism...but having a few comedy entries would have been entirely worthwhile. Roshi and Turtle together as one, Yajirobe and Koren together as one, ChiChi and Bulma together as one, Kai with Bubbles and Gregory...just some stuff like that. Fighting games are supposed to have a comical side, IMO.

I do hope for more alternate costumes and maybe some more DLC characters later. I love tournament arc Gohan with his Great Saiyamen outfit and I would like to see Majin Vegeta and maybe Android 13 or Turles. I doubt they'll throw any GT characters in but that would be cool too.

^ Gameplay is simple to grasp...but, not simple to master. It's the way a fighting game should be. Easily one of my favorite fighting games ever made. It doesn't reward button smashing, but, it doesn't punish being a beginner either. Everyone will have fun when they first start playing...but, people who put the time in to get better will have a clear advantage. The game is more about power management and timing than simply knowing how to perform attacks.

The sheer luck of timing a big attack at the same exact point that your friend is doing one...and having them cancel out in a giant explosion is one of the most satisfying game experiences I can recall in my entire time of playing video games. I've only done it once...but, it is an awesome thing to see.

Archived