Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda random, but I have a good feeling that Xenoverse 2 is gonna replace Tenkaichi 3 as my favorite DBZ game and on my top games of all time list. At this point, the only real reason I go back to BT3 is the (overrated[lol 160+ get outta here])roster and consider how big XV1's roster was plus on top of the fact that XV2 is supposed to be adding a lot of characters, this will definitely overthrow it. Well minus the DB characters. Gameplay's already better, just needs refining which we're getting and we'll get even more come XV3. As far as the roster goes, I think by the time we get to XV3, all we'll really have left are filler characters like Pikkon, and Garlic Jr., movie henchmen(Zangya), new Super characters, and maybe some of the originals from Heroes and Online. Add all that to character creation and you have easily the best DBZ game ever.

And looking at Fusions, it'd be cool if we could get some of those characters too because why not. Xenoverse is already DBZ fanon the game.

Kinda random, but I have a good feeling that Xenoverse 2 is gonna replace Tenkaichi 3 as my favorite DBZ game and on my top games of all time list. At this point, the only real reason I go back to BT3 is the (overrated[lol 160+ get outta here])roster and consider how big XV1's roster was plus on top of the fact that XV2 is supposed to be adding a lot of characters, this will definitely overthrow it. Well minus the DB characters. Gameplay's already better, just needs refining which we're getting and we'll get even more come XV3. As far as the roster goes, I think by the time we get to XV3, all we'll really have left are filler characters like Pikkon, and Garlic Jr., movie henchmen(Zangya), new Super characters, and maybe some of the originals from Heroes and Online. Add all that to character creation and you have easily the best DBZ game ever.

And looking at Fusions, it'd be cool if we could get some of those characters too because why not. Xenoverse is already DBZ fanon the game.

I was excited with Xenoverse but I think it was more curiosity than anything. I'm legit excited for this though. Like more than any game this year besides Battlefield 1 and WWE 2K17. I haven't been this excited since the Tenkaichi days. Forgot how great of a feeling it was. This game is going to be epic!

Noob questions since I have never played Xenoverse, but I am rather interested by this game

- Can I create a fighter?

- Is the storyline just fighting through the sagas?

- Is the gameplay similar to Budokai Tenkaichi?

My apologies in advance.

edit: Questions are in regards to the first Xenoverse, or both.

Noob questions since I have never played Xenoverse, but I am rather interested by this game

1. Yes. You can make a Human, a Saiyan, a Buu race, a Namekian or one of Freeza's race. For the first three you can choose to be male or female.
  2. Story is about fixing the timelines being broken. Such as some characters being given a sort of evil energy boost making them too strong for people to fight at the time, or Freeza transforming from his base form straight to his final form rather than going through them all.
  3. Gameplay is more like the Tenkaichi games rather than the Budokai series.

1. Yes. You can make a Human, a Saiyan, a Buu race, a Namekian or one of Freeza's race. For the first three you can choose to be male or female.
  2. Story is about fixing the timelines being broken. Such as some characters being given a sort of evil energy boost making them too strong for people to fight at the time, or Freeza transforming from his base form straight to his final form rather than going through them all.

Thanks for the answers. I always fancied Xenoverse, but I could never find it cheaper than £50 when I was looking to buy it.

Thanks for the answers. I always fancied Xenoverse, but I could never find it cheaper than £50 when I was looking to buy it.

You should be aware, however, that Xenoverse 1 has very horrendous RNG. If you aren't a fan of that, you may wish to just skip right on to Xenoverse 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What exactly does Xenoverse play like? Is it like...an open world game, is it linear? The Xbox gold deals for this week are Bandai/Namco, and I think I might get Xenoverse...because it's cut from $39.99 to $13.20...

You have a hub world with various missions. Unfortunately, if you're not a fan of repetition, the RNG is going to drive you insane.

I don't mind repetition for the most part. Like...I could play stuff like Assasin's Creed with the side quests and things like that. As long as the repetition is balanced with a few different types of quests...

...ehhhhhh... Yeeeeeaaahhhh... no. I'm afraid its not balanced well at all. Expect to be repeating the same infuriating artificially difficult missions over and over with 3 layers of RNG, trying to get a drop that just won't come.

Archived