Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

Dragonball Xenoverse Mystery Fighter revealed!!

dragonball-xenoverse-scan-01-600x310.png

V-Jump Magazine always delivers the goods whenever a new Dragon Ball game is on the horizon and this time the magazine is giving us a front on look at the mystery fighter we saw in action in the game’s first official trailer. The character’s face may no longer be a mystery but his purpose and identity still is for the most part, only being referred to in the scans as ‘Future Fighter’ and being said to have come back in time to intervene in history’s biggest battles. We can also see him firing off a signature Kamehameha and a Special Beam Cannon.

Perhaps the biggest reveal in this scan is that Trunks is present, but not wearing his usual Capsule Corp. attire and there is a reason for that. This appears to who is known as Time Patrol Trunks who was a main character in a Korean only release MMO titled Dragon Ball Online. In that game his mission was to send you back in time to pivotal moments in Dragon Ball history so you could relive them as your custom character and it looks like he might serve a similar role here as we can see both this new Trunks and the time travelling ‘Future Fighter’ conversing. Maybe Trunks might be trying to stop this mystery character from messing with the events of the past?

dragonball-xenoverse-scan-02-600x308.png

The temple like location teased in previous screenshots has been labelled as the Time Storage Vault and the scan says this vault is a key part to the story in Xenoverse. Another random screenshots shows Krilling running with two Namekian Dragon Balls tucked under his arms while Guldo and the Future Fighter seem to be fighting which pretty much confirms Guldo will be playable and possibly suggest fights may sometimes have more than two people on the battlefield. Another screen shows Goku fighting Dr. Gero with a scanner overylay and another shows Gohan over Piccolo while he lays injured on the ground after being hurt by Frieza.

This is interesting. By the way I don't really post or link articles from other websites so if I'm doing it wrong please inform me. That said this seems to be some kind of alternate what if story and although we don't have a name yet this fighter seems to look very much like Gohan. Makes you wonder if this is a alternate Future Gohan, a descendant, or a custom character they don't want to tell us about yet.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was stated that they had the same power level and Gohan just got weaker.

I still don't get how people don't understand that Super Perfect Cell was stronger than Broly.

The problem with Broly in a fight is that he has the same problem a lot of real people have. Broly kind of loses his mind the angrier he gets, to the point where he doesn't really avoid damage, and just bullrushes his opponents. Whereas that can be a weakness, it also wouldn't give his opponents a chance to think, rest, or react.

But beating SSJ3 or Kid Buu? Nah, that wouldn't happen. At least unless you count the SSJ3 Broly from Raging Blast 2.

Didn't Broly get beat by 4 years from being a teen Gohan?

Could you rephrase that please? I can't really understand the question.

Didn't Broly get beat by Gohan? The 4 years from being a teen is because he's only 9. That certainly ain't a teen.

Broly (the real Broly) has been beaten twice. First by Goku, the second time by a combined kamehameha by Goten, Gohan, and ghost goku (or maybe that was just some bullshit, no one really knows). I don't count Bio-Broly, and no one ever should, evar.

Didn't Broly get beat by 4 years from being a teen Gohan?

Could you rephrase that please? I can't really understand the question.

Didn't Broly get beat by Gohan? The 4 years from being a teen is because he's only 9. That certainly ain't a teen.

Gohan was 11 when he fought Broly the first time with Goku, Trunks, Vegeta, etc. Goku beat him that time.

The second time it was when he was 18 with Goten in the second Broly movie, which they won.

Of course, none of this is canon.

No way Broly is stronger than Super Perfect Cell or SS2 Teen Gohan.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were at least stronger than Cell.

I'm not to sure about that. I really don't think he is stronger than Gohan after he first turned SS2. Adult Gohan got weaker due to lack of training for such a long period of time. SS3 Goku, Mystic Gohan, and most all the Buus I believe would wipe the floor with him. Anyway the movies aren't exactly canon.

So going back to the games, does anyone in DBZ do anything besides punch, kick, and energy blast? I ask because everyone always complains about how everyone fights the same in the games, but, as far as I can remember, that's pretty much all anyone ever does in the whole series.

Archived