Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

I looked at Battle of Z and it looked like it could've been good were it not for the forced 4-on-4, no local multiplayer, and the terrible roster.

I agree. somehow they think its rocket science to make a DBZ game and need to make a completely different game every year

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is everyone's main gripes with the DBZ games? For me, it started out with just being to repetitive story wise since all of the games have the Saiyan to Cell sagas(Budokai and onward), but then it turned to the games just sucking.

For me it'd be the lack of decent cutscenes. I was replaying Tenkaichi 3, and oh man the cutscenes for that game were bad.

You know what game had a really good roster for its time? Ultimate Battle 22 for Playstation. Ok so the roster started off a little weak. But once you added a code, it unlocked a heap of other characters, including a Hercule that pretended to power up, and blasted by throwing grenades and using rocket launchers.

I hated Sagas, primarily because it kept having me restart from the beginning of Saiyan saga no matter what I did.

Sagas is one of the worst games I've ever played. No matter what console I play it on it always glitches up in the final Gohan/Cell fight. It goes from the fight into Gohan traveling through a psychedelic glitch of space.

You know, I always see people saying they hated the story mode to Budokai 2, whereas I liked it and thought it was quite unique.

Good to see I'm not the only one who likes it. I loved it as a kid more then Budokai or Budokai 3.

One thing that I think they should bring back (if they didn't in games after Tenkaichi 3) is that in Tenkaichi 2, you could start off with battle damaged attire. I loved that as a kid mostly because I would make up my own specials with the games. So being able to continue a battle but with a damaged attire was really fun. I think they should bring that back for sure.

You know, I always see people saying they hated the story mode to Budokai 2, whereas I liked it and thought it was quite unique.

I never played it. Nor did I play Sagas. I went straight to Budokai 3. Shame I don't have Budokai 3 anymore - I let a mate borrow it, but he ended up moving out of his house, so he's got it somewhere packed away.

I never played it. Nor did I play Sagas. I went straight to Budokai 3. Shame I don't have Budokai 3 anymore - I let a mate borrow it, but he ended up moving out of his house, so he's got it somewhere packed away.

That is why I never let anyone borrow my games anymore. I lended a game to a friend and he just gave it to somebody else. I never got it back.

The remastered version Budokai isn't the same, it had those shitty Japanese songs in it.

Wait, I thought they just used the soundtracks from the Tenkaichi and Raging Blast games?

I still wouldn't bother getting the HD Collection 'cause I've got the originals.

You are correct Alter. They used the soundtracks from the Tenkaichi games, the reason being that the composer of the first three games was accused of plagiarizing the work of others, and thus they had to remove his music.

Archived