Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of a long story:

I don't care if it's the 2nd billionth time I'm replying Cell's demise, that 1 armed Father-Son Kamehameha gives me goosebumps every time and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I remember drawing a picture of that moment when I was like 11, I was watching DBZ religiously back then and drawing was my main hobby as well. One of the adults at the school I was in at the time (Hambrick Elementary School in Stone Mountain, GA) saw my picture and wanted to hang it on the wall of the entry hallway of the school, which is where other great drawings were hung to showcase. I said okay and there it stayed for a while, I highly doubt it's still there, it's gotta be long gone by now. I moved back to Pittsburgh shortly after. I stopped drawing when I turned 16 I think but, I was pretty damn good back then. A lot of kids even thought I traced that picture of the Kamehameha but, I've never been into tracing. I didn't even know about the manga until after DBZ ended on Toonami.

I'm glad they added the Cell saga, I can't wait to see what all the side missions are.

Yeah Android/ Cell saga is my favorite ever of all Dragonball. And Cell is my favorite villian, and to me, looks the coolest. Most I remember as a kid, coming home from Elementary School it being on Toonami. Just memories. Yeah so what we play the same story over and over.

I wish they'd make the language option in future Dragonball games just like how it was in Street Fighter X Tekken. In that game you could switch each character's spoken dialogue from English to Japanese individually instead of having to change the entire cast.

They do the same in Mahvel and I think SFV. It'd be nice it be was a standard.

• 3 weeks later...

What is some minimalist cover art that you like? I happen to like both. I like most DBZ game art but just something different about those you mentioned. Not busy covers I guess. Just a nice change for once.

Also this is just my opinion but it seems more like it's a big title when you have a simple cover than a busy one. Sometimes those stand out more. I definitely wouldn't say it's bad by any means.

So the date for release of Kakarot is officially the 16th of January in Japan. Hopefully it's the same for the US and I must say I like the cover.

https://comicbook.com/anime/amp/2019/09/11/dragon-ball-z-kakarot-official-release-date-revealed/?__twitter_impression=true

Trailer looks decent and actually canon to DBZ. Wish we got a 'what-if' with Gohan keeping up his training instead of slacking off.

What is some minimalist cover art that you like? I happen to like both. I like most DBZ game art but just something different about those you mentioned. Not busy covers I guess. Just a nice change for once.

Also this is just my opinion but it seems more like it's a big title when you have a simple cover than a busy one. Sometimes those stand out more. I definitely wouldn't say it's bad by any means.

The main issue I have is that it just isn't aesthetically pleasing to me. They'd have been better off going all out on it rather than the 2K approach because, for a Dragon Ball game especially, it doesn't fit the mould.

In regards to the minimum covers, this is the kind of stuff I like.

zbLASlC.jpg

CTQQxrG.jpg

tn9Obh0.jpg

ptkZ03L.jpg

The main issue I have is that it just isn't aesthetically pleasing to me. They'd have been better off going all out on it rather than the 2K approach because, for a Dragon Ball game especially, it doesn't fit the mould.

zbLASlC.jpg

CTQQxrG.jpg

tn9Obh0.jpg

ptkZ03L.jpg

Gotcha. I can understand that. They definitely took from Spiderman on this one. I like it but I get it. I do like most of those covers too.

Also glad they added the Buu saga. I figured they would but it's good to have it confirmed.

@M3J they have some side quests that are made for this game so you never know what they'll do for later sagas. The preorder side quest seems like a cool filler episode.

zbLASlC.jpg

CTQQxrG.jpg

tn9Obh0.jpg

ptkZ03L.jpg

Gotcha. I can understand that. They definitely took from Spiderman on this one. I like it but I get it. I do like most of those covers too.

Also glad they added the Buu saga. I figured they would but it's good to have it confirmed.

@M3J they have some side quests that are made for this game so you never know what they'll do for later sagas. The preorder side quest seems like a cool filler episode.

Oh nice. Side quests sound cool, and I hope we get a Vegeta PoV during Buu Saga, at the least. His character development was amazing, and it'd be cool to relive that. Them adding in movie stuff too would be even better, like Bardock as the prologue or during Freeza saga.

HsYWD9d.jpg

GETTING THIS.

OH

MY

GOODNESS

GETTING THIS IF IT'S AFFORDABLE

Yeah I'm hoping they add some cool stuff from the movies and maybe super later. I think some missions with Bardock and maybe even future Gohan and trunks in his timeline would be cool to play as a flashback or something when Trunks comes to warn them. So instead of just listening to him warning Goku we get a cool playable flashback sequence. Or they can do it before and we can play out the events and then actually play out him arriving and finding Frieza.

I think there are supposed to be some cool extra missions or something that kind of fill out the story more and even just random shit that has nothing to do with anything. Like doing that quest for Eighter during the Saiyan arc.

Pretty exciting shit. I don't even care how many times I've played the story over the years. This looks like the Dragonball game I've wanted forever and hope it lives up to it. The idea of having an attack of the Saiyan's or legacy of Goku game covering the entire story and in full 3d is a thing of beauty.

Yeah, it'd feel a bit weird not to have those flashback scenes, at the very least, given how important they are to the storyline. Who's Eighter?

No game covered the whole series? That's interesting... but then again I don't think any Naruto game did either. One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 did though.

Eighter (if I spelled it right, lol) is Android 8 from Dragonball that Goku befriended during the red ribbon army arc. Looks like Frankenstein.

No those games only covered certain sagas per game. If you haven't played attack of the Saiyans for the DS I recommend it. Pretty cool little RPG turn based game. It's like they blended legacy of Goku and final fantasy together and it covers the tale end of Dragonball to the end of the Saiyan saga in Z. Wish they would have made sequels like they were supposed to.

No game covered the whole series? That's interesting...

There was 1 turn based RPG card fighting game with typical RPG overworld maps that was released in 2002 for the Gameboy Color (The same year that Legacy of Goku 1 came out for the GBA). It was called DBZ Legendary Super Warriors and it covered the entire series, it was a pretty fun game and I highly recommend it for those who are into those "card RPG" style games.

DBZ.png

Judging by the cover and the fact that no other game released in the U.S had covered the entire series in 1 game at the time, I was surprised when it went beyond the Cell saga.

Archived