Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

RB 2 didn't have a story because people were sick of going through the same story over and over. Which is also the reason for Xenoverse...well that and DBO.

I was thinking the same thing. At this point, why would anyone care about a story mode in a DBZ game? So you can repeat the same shit that you've already seen a million times over? The exception, of course, would be some sort of custom, original storyline. Even then, I wouldn't expect it to be anything noteworthy. It would likely be pretty lazily-written and unmemorable.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RB 2 didn't have a story because people were sick of going through the same story over and over. Which is also the reason for Xenoverse...well that and DBO.

I was thinking the same thing. At this point, why would anyone care about a story mode in a DBZ game? So you can repeat the same shit that you've already seen a million times over? The exception, of course, would be some sort of custom, original storyline. Even then, I wouldn't expect it to be anything noteworthy. It would likely be pretty lazily-written and unmemorable.

i wasn't going to respond but i'm going to respond now...

so basically you think it should be about you. there are alot of people that enjoy playing the story mode. i'm more of a story person not create your character person. not cause i can't but cause i just don't want to.

this is the same bs nonsense that goes on with complaining about showcase in universe mode. these games have to be for everyone not just one certain base. there are alot that like to play the story over. one iteration may not cover it all. prime example: Raging blast 1 didn't have the Mecha Frieza, Cooler arc, Ultimate gohan wasn't in RB 1 at all nor was future gohan.

i can go on and on with this. had they pu a story mode in RB2 i can guarantee more people would have kept playing thru it. that was one of the major complaints about RB2. not everyone plays online or cares about online that's what you fail to realize.

And the thing you don't seem to realize is that the reverse is also true. Not everyone cares about story and that's not just limited to "those damn FGC nerds and wannabes". Hell, the whole reason for RB2 axing story mode, as well as Ultimate Tenkaichi and Xenoverse being things is because up to that point, people had already played through the exact same story at least 8 times for the last...whenever Budokai came out and where getting sick of it. And that's only counting the console games starting with Budokai since Budokai, BT, and RG are the ones everyone talks about.

Not sure how pointing something out is selfish, but whatever.

because you want stuff one way but it's not okay for others to want a game based on the true story which has never happened. before the gameplay was off. not all the characters were used etc. but whatever. i'm tired of arguing with you.

HOLY *CENOSRED* THEY ADDED TRUNKS! I seriously didn't think he actually had a chance.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/jun/22/future-trunks-joins-dragon-ball-fighterz-roster/

Why would they not add him? He's been in pretty much every DBZ game ever.

I'll say this, if they add Kid Trunks and Goten I'll be ticked off. Gotenks will be fine.

>The joke

>your head

There is literally zero chance Gotten or Kid Trunks get added to the roster. Gotenks, on the other hand, has a very good chance of showing up. Also, one of the devs, or the producer, or someone said that the roster would include all generations of dragon ball, so we could get some interesting picks.

My crazy 24-30 character roster wishlist:

1.Goku©

2.Frieza©

3.Cell Saga Gohan©

4.Vegeta©

5.Mr. Perfect Cell©

6.Majin Buu©

7.Future Trunks©

8.Gotenks

9.Piccolo

10.Ultimate Gohan

11.Tien

12.Merged Zamosa

13.Beerus

14.Broly

19.Krillin

20.Kid Buu

21.Hit

22.Future Mai(could play like Elphelt minus the waifu motif) or Chi-Chi(see Super DBZ)

23.Bardock

24.Caulifla

25.Roshi

26.Towa

27.Videl

29.Omega Shenron

30.SS4 Gogeta or Vegito Blue

They used all the characters that have teleports in the playable build. I'm wondering how much harder it is for characters that don't have that trait and can't take advantage.

I believe I heard they were trying to avoid falling into that "duplicate" phase so many of the other games fell into. So I'm wondering if they'll add a fusion mechanic when you have the two characters on the same team to avoid having Gotenks or Vegito on the roster. Have it merge the two characters' health bars into one and do the stat boost. Maybe have it break the characters apart if you take too much damage in a short amount of time. I dunno... they could do alot with the game and I'm excited to see.

Also if they put Yamcha in, I wanna see how they animate the Wolf Fang Fist because hooooooooooooooooly sheeit, XD. And with Piccolo, that move he does where he sends all the energy shots around you and sends them all at you, wonder if that's a Lvl 3 (even though that's prolly reserved for the Special Beam Cannon) or a regular move used for mixups because a move like that would seem too easy to block so, if it's a super, I'd have to be a grapple or some sheeit right?

Teleporting is a mechanic. Everyone'll have it. Just like every DBZ game.

Now people can FINALLY stop *censored*ing about *censored*ing Saiyan Tails. I really wish they could make it so you didn't have to grind for dragon balls just to change a characters hair and then throw in new hairstyles as DLC.

On and data miners apparently found character files labeled BUU and DBR.

• 2 weeks later...

Krillin just made more sense to me for base 9 roster

Ay has anyone heard of there being ki blast clashes in this game? Like if Goku and Gohan both.throw Kamehamehas at each other, does it become a power struggle like in previous games?

No. The producer said beam struggles weren't in because button mashing in fighting games is a bad mechanic. There is, however, a sick animation for beam clashes where they cancel each other out and, I think, reset both players' position.

Injustice 2 clash system would seem like a good beam struggle.

Archived