Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

in-game transformations, awwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

The art-style has got to be the closest a mainstream DBZ game has gotten to looking like the show.

yeah but it still seems like it's just gonna be a fighting game vs action

so that's what has me underwhelmed about the whole thing

but i do agree with the art style

and i still am not satisfied with the transformations especially if we cant take say base form frieza and go all the way to golden so i'm gonna just wait and see if it's just final form frieza as character or if we actuallly get base form. but i'm not that interested so far

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in-game transformations, awwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

The art-style has got to be the closest a mainstream DBZ game has gotten to looking like the show.

yeah but it still seems like it's just gonna be a fighting game vs action

so that's what has me underwhelmed about the whole thing

but i do agree with the art style

and i still am not satisfied with the transformations especially if we cant take say base form frieza and go all the way to golden so i'm gonna just wait and see if it's just final form frieza as character or if we actuallly get base form. but i'm not that interested so far

Well.. I mean its clearly designed to be a fighting game. I'm not sure what else is expected there, it's not trying to be Xenoverse or Raging blast or god forbid, Sagas. I'm happy to finally get a real good fighting game.

Of course one should be skeptical, but its nice to see transformations are in the game though.

Xenoverse 3 is in development, so there's really no reason for this to be another traditional DBZ game. And It should be very clear base Frieza isn't in the game. This is a traditional fighting game, so you might as well temper any roster expectations you have right now.

Xenoverse 3 is in development, so there's really no reason for this to be another traditional DBZ game. And It should be very clear base Frieza isn't in the game. This is a traditional fighting game, so you might as well temper any roster expectations you have right now.

well you gave me the answer i was searching for.

definitely won't be picking this up

i'll wait and see if xenoverse is gonna be any good. i was let down with XV2 the dlc was horrible imo.

Ayyyyyyy, that looked sweet as hell. Plus in game transformations are in.

Did they show villains transforming. Thats what i'm worried about
They showed Frieza's right there in the video.

yeah he just went from final to golden.

not what i was talking about.

goku transformed in a damn cutscene.

this says ultimate tenkaichi to me all over again without the stupid rock paper scissors minigame.

not trying to be negative but i know it's not gonna be for me.

yeah i'll pass on this. it's just gonna be a fighting game no more no less.

guess my dbz game playing days are over

you can sugarcoat it all you want but comparing to street fighter etc makes me think this is just gonna be a non free roaming, static location based fighter.

i can live without it.

Well....bye

This game is going to shit diarrhea all over Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. My god it looks soo good.

:facepalm:

just cause something looks good does not mean shit

look at ultimate tenkaichi that's a prime example

This is easily the best-looking DBZ game ever. It's the first one I've been interested in since Budokai 3.

I'm so glad that they've gone back to a ground-based, 2.5D style. I wasn't a fan of the Tenkaichi series, or any of the other DBZ games that followed.

we'll see if you're singing that same tune when it's released

and the budokai series didn't have any freedom compared to the budokai tenkaichi series or the raging blast series. but have fun.

This is very clearly not anything like Ultimate Tenkaichi and no it didn't look good from the beginning. This however does. If you don't like fighters then you'll have XV 3 to look forward to. I'll agree about XV 2 dlc though. Wasn't impressed especially with only two players a pack.

Ayyyyyyy, that looked sweet as hell. Plus in game transformations are in.

Did they show villains transforming. Thats what i'm worried about
They showed Frieza's right there in the video.

yeah he just went from final to golden.

not what i was talking about.

goku transformed in a damn cutscene.

this says ultimate tenkaichi to me all over again without the stupid rock paper scissors minigame.

not trying to be negative but i know it's not gonna be for me.

yeah i'll pass on this. it's just gonna be a fighting game no more no less.

guess my dbz game playing days are over

you can sugarcoat it all you want but comparing to street fighter etc makes me think this is just gonna be a non free roaming, static location based fighter.

i can live without it.

Well....bye

This game is going to shit diarrhea all over Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. My god it looks soo good.

:facepalm:

just cause something looks good does not mean shit

look at ultimate tenkaichi that's a prime example

This is easily the best-looking DBZ game ever. It's the first one I've been interested in since Budokai 3.

I'm so glad that they've gone back to a ground-based, 2.5D style. I wasn't a fan of the Tenkaichi series, or any of the other DBZ games that followed.

we'll see if you're singing that same tune when it's released

and the budokai series didn't have any freedom compared to the budokai tenkaichi series or the raging blast series. but have fun.

This is very clearly not anything like Ultimate Tenkaichi and no it didn't look good from the beginning. This however does. If you don't like fighters then you'll have XV 3 to look forward to. I'll agree about XV 2 dlc though. Wasn't impressed especially with only two players a pack.

yeah going in i assumed it was going to be a replacement to xenoverse/the main dbz game series so that's why i threw a bit of a tantrum :lol:

sorry if i got a bit annoying

but yeah those dlc packs pissed me off so much with those 1 or 2 characters and everything else was basically focused on custom character or parallel quests. which i think it's kinda stupid to force us to do those pain int he butt PQ's all over again from XV1 like that one where you have to beat Vegito and buu can't die. that annoyed me to no end.

Sure, but it was more akin to traditional fighting games, which is what I want. The Tenkaichi series was more of an arena-style brawler, with really streamlined mechanics. "Freedom" isn't necessarily an element that I'm looking for. Freedom in video games isn't inherently good - it all depends on what you can do with said freedom/what the game offers, and the Tenkaichi series was paper thin.

Sure, but it was more akin to traditional fighting games, which is what I want. The Tenkaichi series was more of an arena-style brawler, with really streamlined mechanics. "Freedom" isn't necessarily an element that I'm looking for. Freedom in video games isn't inherently good - it all depends on what you can do with said freedom/what the game offers, and the Tenkaichi series was paper thin.

SIGH it's not what every one wants and obviously you didn't play the tenkaichi story at all cause that's not what tenkaichi was about at all.

you just said you want a traditional fighting game. so basically you want dragon ball z to be street fighter z that's what i gathered from your post.

Freedom in video games isn't inherently good? WWEGames and GTA series says hello

so i'll close with the fact that it seems you're more of an online competitive player than someone that cares about single player and story mode.

thanks alot. guess i have you to thank for the trash that is GTA online.

and yes it is trash.

SIGH it's not what every one wants and obviously you didn't play the tenkaichi story at all cause that's not what tenkaichi was about at all.

you just said you want a traditional fighting game. so basically you want dragon ball z to be street fighter z that's what i gathered from your post.

Freedom in video games isn't inherently good? WWEGames and GTA series says hello

so i'll close with the fact that it seems you're more of an online competitive player than someone that cares about single player and story mode.

and yes it is trash.

Those aren't really good examples of what he means. A...controversial example would probably Breath of the Wild.

And compared to Budokai 3, BT3's story wasn't really all that great. They both do the exact same thing, except Budokai 3 had the map you could fly around. And Raging Blast had godawful single player.

Not counting gameplay which is completely subjective, the only thing BT3 really has over Budokai is its overrated roster. And even as far gameplay preference is concerned, it has little to do with casual vs. competitive (and I seriously wish this mentality would die). You can be completely casual and still not enjoy a game that feels shallow as all hell.

and yes it is trash.

Those aren't really good examples of what he means. A...controversial example would probably Breath of the Wild.

And compared to Budokai 3, BT3's story wasn't really all that great. They both do the exact same thing, except Budokai 3 had the map you could fly around. And Raging Blast had godawful single player.

Not counting gameplay which is completely subjective, the only thing BT3 really has over Budokai is its overrated roster. And even as far gameplay preference is concerned, it has little to do with casual vs. competitive (and I seriously wish this mentality would die). You can be completely casual and still not enjoy a game that feels shallow as all hell.

umm no. BT3's story was great and Raging blast 1 added to it. and BT3 had in game transformations that actually had animation with it. Budokai did not budokai 2 had that stupid candyland board game bs for the story

like i said you and him both seem more pressed for online competitivemess which is fine and dandy but don't go around trying to act like budokai is the best thing ever cause it clearly is not.

BT3 went all the way thru the GT and Original Dragon Ball saga and had what if stories.

GT kid goku was able to transform into ss4 goku. name one budokai game that allowed that. Xenoverse didn't even allow that.

I like Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2, but BT3 was definitely the last DBZ game that I was super passionate about. Hope Fighterz can change that, looks amazing so far from what I've seen. Can't wait to see the whole roster. :D

umm no. BT3's story was great and Raging blast 1 added to it. and BT3 had in game transformations that actually had animation with it. Budokai did not budokai 2 had that stupid candyland board game bs for the story

like i said you and him both seem more pressed for online competitivemess which is fine and dandy but don't go around trying to act like budokai is the best thing ever cause it clearly is not.

BT3 went all the way thru the GT and Original Dragon Ball saga and had what if stories.

GT kid goku was able to transform into ss4 goku. name one budokai game that allowed that. Xenoverse didn't even allow that.

-Galaxy Mode.

-That board game was awesome

-Not once did I ever say or imply that. I haven't played Budokai in well over a decade and BT3 is one of my favorite games ever. I just find it overrated as hell. And as far as FGC stuff goes, I enjoy both sides and I really don't care for online that much. Same thing could be said for you though. Just because you like having a bunch of fan service stuff, doesn't mean the game is objectively better for it.

-Story? Don't really remember. Or care that much, but if that's your thing, then RB doesn't do it either. And Xenoverse actually has a new story.

-Characters? One character. Big deal.

-Galaxy Mode.

-That board game was awesome

-Not once did I ever say or imply that. I haven't played Budokai in well over a decade and BT3 is one of my favorite games ever. I just find it overrated as hell. And as far as FGC stuff goes, I enjoy both sides and I really don't care for online that much. Same thing could be said for you though. Just because you like having a bunch of fan service stuff, doesn't mean the game is objectively better for it.

-Story? Don't really remember. Or care that much, but if that's your thing, then RB doesn't do it either. And Xenoverse actually has a new story.

-Characters? One character. Big deal.

do you know how ignorant you sound?

Raging blast 2 didn't have a story mode Raging blast 1 did.

it went from the Saiyan Saga to the Buu Saga and captured the story better than any game has so far. Xeno doesn't count since it was some what if temporal time changing story.

and you liking the board game proves my point so i rest my case and i'm done.

Do you know how ignorant YOU sound by completely dismissing this game without even touching it yet? Just give it a shot before giving it a Death Ball.

Hey, I liked BT3 and Raging Blast, but I've had enough of the 3D spectrum in Dragon Ball games where the characters play mostly the same way.

Budokai 3 is my favourite Dragon Ball game ever to a point where I bought the *censored*er 3 times because I loved it that much to want the different versions released. I want something like that again after the relative disappointment I got from Burst Limit (which was so close to being good it hurts). Dragon Ball FighterZ is giving me the chance to scratch the itch I've had for the last 8-9 years and I cannot *censored*ing wait to play.

Do you know how ignorant YOU sound by completely dismissing this game without even touching it yet? Just give it a shot before giving it a Death Ball.

Hey, I liked BT3 and Raging Blast, but I've had enough of the 3D spectrum in Dragon Ball games where the characters play mostly the same way.

Budokai 3 is my favourite Dragon Ball game ever to a point where I bought the *censored*er 3 times because I loved it that much to want the different versions released. I want something like that again after the relative disappointment I got from Burst Limit (which was so close to being good it hurts). Dragon Ball FighterZ is giving me the chance to scratch the itch I've had for the last 8-9 years and I cannot *censored*ing wait to play.

sorry but i just can't justify wasting 60 bucks on a game that's just going to be a fighting game. one of the devs even confirmed that in an interview. someone asked a great question. what if you want it to be 1 person vs 3 people does it always have to be 3 on 3 and she said yeah it has to always be 3 on 3. so i mean what's not great for me is not necessarily going to be bad for you.

i'm more about story. so a fighting game based on dbz just doesn't really motivate me that much.

now i won't lie, i did like budokai 3 but when the budokai tenkaichi series was introduced i fell in love with that. especially with BT3 because of the story and how the transformations were.

Raging blast 1 was as close to the real story as i were able to experience. RB 2 had no story cause people complained about wanting some custom character mode. then Ultimate tenkaichi happened.

i've been playing these games since the first dragon ball z game on the ps1 so yeah i would have been satisfied with Xenoverse if it had an optional "play the story as it happened" mode. but it is what it is :Shrugs:

Archived