Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To think we now live in a world where an anime licensed game has a real chance in the FGC and will likely be at EVO next year. Think is a good day. Seriously, Arksys is my favorite fighting game dev, not counting Smash, and it's DBZ. Everything about this is just amazing. Only issue is that I have to mentally prepare myself for a much smaller roster than traditional DBZ games, though it basically being Mahvel with a DBZ skin means I can probably expect around 30. If there aren't any shitty clones, then 30 could actually make a pretty good roster.

Since this is coming early next year, I wonder if that means we'll get Xenoverse 3 late next year or it's getting pushed to 2019.

Ark System Works develops BlazBlue and Guilty Gear right? If so that's great *censored*ing news. Im honestly surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

Yep. Also Persona 4 Arena. They did develop that 3DS game that came out either last year or the year before, but this is their first console DBZ game. And it's in the Xrd engine. *censored* gone be hype as hell.

Now that I think about it, this game is almost garuanteed a spot at EVO next year. By the time EVO comes, this'll be the most recent Arksys game out with everyone having had enough time to actually learn it and EVO almost always goes with the most recent thing.

It won't. It'll be Guilty Gear x Mahvel

I've actually not played those, I rarely touch fighting games most of the time. Any good? gameplay good for a DBZ game?

Well thats good! then I keep my excitement for it then. Still would like a proper Budokai 4 some day though, Budokai 3 really hit its stride in gameplay.

So much Xenoverse hate going on right now and it's depressing. Xenoverse is a fun game and a lot better than Tenkaichi and Raging Blast at least. Haven't played Budokai in over a decade, so can't comment their.

Sorry but no RB had ingame transformations and ss3 vegeta/broly

Xeno is fun and all but it was still more tailored towards online and random stuff and custom character stuff. I just want a dbz game that fully follows the story from saiyan saga thru gt saga but i know that'll never happen

Ayyyyyyy, that looked sweet as hell. Plus in game transformations are in.

Did they show villains transforming. Thats what i'm worried about

They showed Frieza's right there in the video.

yeah he just went from final to golden.

not what i was talking about.

goku transformed in a damn cutscene.

this says ultimate tenkaichi to me all over again without the stupid rock paper scissors minigame.

not trying to be negative but i know it's not gonna be for me.

yeah i'll pass on this. it's just gonna be a fighting game no more no less.

guess my dbz game playing days are over

you can sugarcoat it all you want but comparing to street fighter etc makes me think this is just gonna be a non free roaming, static location based fighter.

i can live without it.

this says ultimate tenkaichi to me all over again without the stupid rock paper scissors minigame.

you can sugarcoat it all you want but comparing to street fighter etc makes me think this is just gonna be a non free roaming, static location based fighter.

i can live without it.

Well....bye

This game is going to shit diarrhea all over Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. My god it looks soo good.

i can live without it.

Well....bye

This game is going to shit diarrhea all over Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. My god it looks soo good.

:facepalm:

just cause something looks good does not mean shit

look at ultimate tenkaichi that's a prime example

This is easily the best-looking DBZ game ever. It's the first one I've been interested in since Budokai 3.

I'm so glad that they've gone back to a ground-based, 2.5D style. I wasn't a fan of the Tenkaichi series, or any of the other DBZ games that followed.

we'll see if you're singing that same tune when it's released

and the budokai series didn't have any freedom compared to the budokai tenkaichi series or the raging blast series. but have fun.

in-game transformations, awwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

The art-style has got to be the closest a mainstream DBZ game has gotten to looking like the show.

Archived