Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

Played through the story at a friends house (he owns the game). Enjoyed it quite a bit, I like the additions to combat. Not a fan of the idea that they still decided to keep ally AI dumber than enemy AI though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played through the story at a friends house (he owns the game). Enjoyed it quite a bit, I like the additions to combat. Not a fan of the idea that they still decided to keep ally AI dumber than enemy AI though.

Probably the most annoying thing for sure. Some situations get a little tight and they just sit back and watch.

Probably the most annoying thing for sure. Some situations get a little tight and they just sit back and watch.

Legit shouted at the TV several times when allied characters kept dying, resulting in a loss on the PQ.

True. I remember finally managing to beat Goku, Gohan and Goten all alone, just to then find out that the quest was far from over. Actually bought the DLCs mainly for getting Tenshinhan's Z-Soul just to beat that quest.

Haven't played alot of XV2 though. Too busy playing so many other games right now.

Anybody know how to unlock the new mentors from the dlc?

After I downloaded the DLC I got them immediately. I'm currently going through Future Gohan's training. You might have to be a certain level, My guy is level 82.
So I have a long way to go great. I had my guy lv 80 and now I'm lv 30. Stupid ps4 eject button problem had me reinstall the firmware and deleted all my save data

A lot better than 1, but still nowhere near as great as it could be.

The amount of recolored equipment in this game is ridiculous. Even among the new colorable "not" versions of outfits, most of them are just the exact same thing with a different logo. Not to mention the unnecessarily exclusive eqipment. Female Saiyans are the only class in the game with colorable normal saiyan armor. Why?

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently, the Switch version is gonna have local co-op. Makes sense thinking about it. I wonder if they'll also finally fix the BS with making new characters. At the very least, let me keep my roster and PQ unlocks.

I know this won't happen, but it'd be great if there were Nintendo themed customization parts.

Fun to play. Best lineup to have is Super Saiyan PHY Broly and AGL Super Vegito. Those two alone can damage at least three opponents - Vegito will hit back anyone who attacks him normally, and Broly's Super Attack gives him a second attack. Took out at least four enemies with those two.

Paid DLC

- The 6th Universe Story

- Champa and Vados

- Universe 6 Tournament Stage

- 8 Attacks

- 3 Costumes

- Space Pod Vehicle

- Some Super Souls and Emotes

Free DLC Update

- 5 Costumes

- 3 Accessories

- 5 Attacks

- 5 applicable BGM's

- Additional Tenkaichi Budokai Rule (No idea what this is)

- Additional Tenkaichi Budokai Outfit

• 4 months later...

LOOK AT THIS! HOLY CRAP!

Tlv4VcQ.jpg

Bandai Namco has announced Dragon Ball Fighters, a new 2.5D fighting game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC developed by Arc System Works and due out worldwide in early 2018.

The game uses a three-versus-three team battle system, allowing players to determine the compatibility between characters and form a team of fighters. It will incorporate the ultra high speed battles and flashy special moves that the Dragon Ball series is known for.

According to producer Tomoko Hiroki, while Dragon Ball titles of recent years have been 3D, they chose 2.5D this time because there were some things that can only be done in that style. While it looks like 2D animation at first glance, it has a broader range of expression as they can shift camera angles and incorporate a lot of unique production not possible in 2D alone.

3jaMJgU.jpg

It should be noted that the press release for this announcement is dated June 12, meaning that Bandai Namco accidentally shared this information ahead of its official reveal. A backup of the press release is available here. The official Japanese website will be available here when the game is officially announced.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/arc-system-works-developed-dragon-ball-fighters-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc

To think we now live in a world where an anime licensed game has a real chance in the FGC and will likely be at EVO next year. Think is a good day. Seriously, Arksys is my favorite fighting game dev, not counting Smash, and it's DBZ. Everything about this is just amazing. Only issue is that I have to mentally prepare myself for a much smaller roster than traditional DBZ games, though it basically being Mahvel with a DBZ skin means I can probably expect around 30. If there aren't any shitty clones, then 30 could actually make a pretty good roster.

Since this is coming early next year, I wonder if that means we'll get Xenoverse 3 late next year or it's getting pushed to 2019.

To think we now live in a world where an anime licensed game has a real chance in the FGC and will likely be at EVO next year. Think is a good day. Seriously, Arksys is my favorite fighting game dev, not counting Smash, and it's DBZ. Everything about this is just amazing. Only issue is that I have to mentally prepare myself for a much smaller roster than traditional DBZ games, though it basically being Mahvel with a DBZ skin means I can probably expect around 30. If there aren't any shitty clones, then 30 could actually make a pretty good roster.

Since this is coming early next year, I wonder if that means we'll get Xenoverse 3 late next year or it's getting pushed to 2019.

i'm waiting on them to say there won't be any transformations

I think we could get some form of transformation. Sol has his Dragon Install in Xrd.

i guess i'm still a bit sore that dimps chose to limit transformations the way they did vs what i was used to in budokai tenkaichi 3 and the raging blast series. which in the case of raging blast was my favorite thing about that series. going from base form frieza all the way to 100% power was so fun.

Archived