Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got three wishes from Shenron today. I also wasted all of yesterday and a good chunk of this morning looking for dragon balls when I already had them. This game needs to show you how many dragon balls you're carrying.

Check your items and it tells you which dragon balls you have.

So I got the super spirit bomb and while it isn't devastating in terms of damage, it holds any enemy it hits in place for a good amount of time, giving you time to charge up, heal up, or even revive a KOd opponent as necessary. Does better with the right z-soul as well.

Ok so I purchased this the day it came out. I've been so busy playing other games. I'm officially deciding which race to go with. What race should I go with for my first time? Saiyan and Earthlings are last in my list. :)

If you don't want to go with Saiyan Or Earthling, then I suggest going with Namekian the first time. Not as amazing stat-wise as the Buus, but they slowly recover which can be vital early-on.

Ok so I purchased this the day it came out. I've been so busy playing other games. I'm officially deciding which race to go with. What race should I go with for my first time? Saiyan and Earthlings are last in my list. :)

If you don't want to go with Saiyan Or Earthling, then I suggest going with Namekian the first time. Not as amazing stat-wise as the Buus, but they slowly recover which can be vital early-on.

My brother gave me the exact same advice. So yeah think I'm going to with them then. Thanks dude.

My brother gave me the exact same advice. So yeah think I'm going to with them then. Thanks dude.

No problem, happy to help.

Although I am curious what are the amazing stats the Buus have?

For anyone else just getting the game, I actually would not suggest going with Saiyan for your first run. Reason being that while Saiyans have an unfortunate unlimited combo exploit, their main class ability (their Zenkai) is useless in story mode and to use it in PQs, you have to get yourself killed or at least near death. Thus, you'll want some practice before going with a Saiyan.

And trust me, you don't wanna end up being one of those guys that just goes super saiyan and spams ultimates. That tends to come back to bite people at the worst of times.

Although I am curious what are the amazing stats the Buus have?

Male buus have pretty decent defence and can do some good damage, female buus are faster (though not as fast as the frost demons (frieza's race). Buus also have access to some majin only super attacks.

Buus also have attacks that hit behind them during combos, so they're harder to teleport behind during a combo without getting caught in another one.

Y'all suck for not picking Frieza's Race first. :P

I chose em third, and actually had a bit of trouble with em. Sure they're fast af, but they really cant do much in terms of damage until quite a few level-ups.

Luckily the Broly PQ involving the dragonballs is super easy to farm.

Am I doing something wrong again or is the rng in this game really so bad that I can have a much easier time farming dragon balls than clothes? Also, *censored* PQ 53. It says to get the ultimate finish I need gohan still alive, but when I kick Broly's ass with Videl still out, I get nothing. And sitting around waiting for her and then Goten and Trunks to get taken out is pointless because the AI seems to be braindead unless it's fighting you or trying to make you lose. And I doubt it's RNG because I've used this pq for exp farming a bunch.

On the positive side, I freaking love the running, jumping, and swimming in this game, especially the glacier stage.

Am I doing something wrong again or is the rng in this game really so bad that I can have a much easier time farming dragon balls than clothes? Also, *censored* PQ 53. It says to get the ultimate finish I need gohan still alive, but when I kick Broly's ass with Videl still out, I get nothing. And sitting around waiting for her and then Goten and Trunks to get taken out is pointless because the AI seems to be braindead unless it's fighting you or trying to make you lose. And I doubt it's RNG because I've used this pq for exp farming a bunch.

On the positive side, I freaking love the running, jumping, and swimming in this game, especially the glacier stage.

The RNG is an evil son of a bitch. That mother*censored*er comes from Mordor. IT, IS, THE, FREAKING, DEVIL, INCARNATE.

In days to come, I will use tales of the Xenoverse RNG to scare children into behaving. Swear to Koenma, the RNG is the fully mechanical version of Cell.

Thanks again Grand for breaking that down for me. I don't know now actually. Lol

Again, I really suggest going Namekian first. Buus are awesome but their combos are... odd, and in some ways are a bit easier than others to escape from. You gotz ta use em correctly.

Namekians also have the stretch arm when going for a grab, which is useful early game.

I honestly want to see a good DBZ turn-based RPG. Not one on a handheld. I know there was some way in the past but i'm not buying a new SNES just to play em.

Archived